Windows 10: Why has the Windows switching default browser back to IE not been addressed yet?

Discus and support Why has the Windows switching default browser back to IE not been addressed yet? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have had to spend far too much of my valuable time searching the web for a solution to the simple problem of selecting MY preference for web browsers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CarlLaCascia, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Why has the Windows switching default browser back to IE not been addressed yet?

I have had to spend far too much of my valuable time searching the web for a solution to the simple problem of selecting MY preference for web browsers and having it STICK for good.

For some reason Microsoft likes to revert the default BACK to IE every day. No matter what I do.

Then I read on forums from as far back as 2016 with people having the same issue. Problem never solved yet the threads are closed.

Ok, no problem I will create my own new thread, let's waste some more time.

So HOW do I get Chrome to remain as my default browser?

Why has Microsoft NOT yet fixed this?

Why do they not realize how much time users are wasting DAILY having to manually switch it back over and over?

And do they even care?

Apparently not.

But instead of getting assistance, I am sure I will get bashed for bashing Microsoft.

Sure, that's porductive, let's not fix the issues, let's scold people for bashing an OS that could care less about the end user.

Fire away.

But I would LOVE to get a solution to this major issue that seems to be a non issue for Microsoft.

Thanks

:)

CarlLaCascia, Jul 11, 2018

2. Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Unable to set default browser

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

To set Internet Explorer/Edge as a default browser, I suggest you to follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key and type Default Program in search and hit enter.
    • Select "Set your default programs"
    • Click on “Internet Explorer" or “Edge”.
    • Select "Set this program as default” and Click OK.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jul 11, 2018
  4. Why has the Windows switching default browser back to IE not been addressed yet?

Changing default browser to IE and wifi issues

Hi Ed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• In desktop search, type default app settings and select the result.

• Under Web browser, click the current browser (EDGE).

• Choose Internet Explorer and set it as
      default.

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

Why has the Windows switching default browser back to IE not been addressed yet?

1. Why has the Windows switching default browser back to IE not been addressed yet? - Similar Threads - Why has switching

2. Has this issue been fixed yet?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Has this issue been fixed yet?: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/5xd88y/how_do_i_disable_windows_space_hotkey/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3 submitted by /u/boraglryz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j3a1id/has_this_issue_been_fixed_yet/
  3. Has Windows 10 been downloaded yet?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Has Windows 10 been downloaded yet?: Hello I want to build me a oh together I have there then already Windows 10 on it when I still start or how must I download Windows Ist das Windows 10 schon runter geladen?
  4. Cannot set IE as a default browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot set IE as a default browser: I want to have IE as a default browser. I am trying to set it using Chrome. I do it in the following way: select Internet Options, then Programs but the Programs tab disappears after that. I uninstalled Internet Explorer and reinstalled it again but nothing has changed...
  5. Making IE 11 the default browser

in Browsers and Email
    Making IE 11 the default browser: Our company still use IE 11 for many things and I was looking for a way to make it the default browser, anybody got some good tips on how to do this? many thx *Biggrin 125823
  6. Why is IE (sometimes) launched although it is not my default browser?

in Browsers and Email
    Why is IE (sometimes) launched although it is not my default browser?: Out of curiosity .. I have set a different browser as default. Sometimes, specifically when called on from within an application (e.g. check for updates) Internet Explorer is launched, although another browser has been configured to be the default. How come? Is it the...
  7. Win 10 Keeps changing the default Browser back to IE / Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Keeps changing the default Browser back to IE / Edge: All- I change the default browser back to Chrome at least 3 times a week. I seems like everytime someone sends me a URL in a MS app (Skype for Business, Outlook, etc) .. and I click that link 1) The URL opens in IE or Edge .. and 2) It changes my default browser back to...
  8. IE 11 has been hijacked

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 has been hijacked: I have recently upgraded to window 10 and with it came IE 11 and Edge. I prefer to use IE 11 over the current version of Edge. When I start IE 11 from the task bar even though the home page is designated to be www.Bing.com I end up on a My-Search page with an annoying message...
  9. Making IE the default browser via the registry or script

in Browsers and Email
    Making IE the default browser via the registry or script: Hi, Is there a way to automate changing the default browser from Edge to IE. We are still dependent on IE and can not deploy W10 with Edge as the default. Thanks for any help you can provide. 28822
  10. How to reset IE as default browser instead of Edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to reset IE as default browser instead of Edge: Hi there I can't use EDGE as my default browser as I have a few media servers and as has been pointed out that as EDGE is a universal app addresses like 127.0.0.1:8000 (i.e localhost type stuff) are no longer addressable. I need these types of addresses to use the web...