Windows 10: Why has Win 10 22h2 with latest update stopped populating menus?

Discus and support Why has Win 10 22h2 with latest update stopped populating menus? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I click on a program icon in the tray, it shows me a blank window. When I run the curser over it, the menu items display as it passes over them. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PJD13, Nov 30, 2022.

1. PJD13 Win User

Why has Win 10 22h2 with latest update stopped populating menus?

When I click on a program icon in the tray, it shows me a blank window. When I run the curser over it, the menu items display as it passes over them. I have the same problem with some other programs when I right click to bring up a menu. I'm on an old HP Pavilion 20 AIO.Thanks,PJ

:)

PJD13, Nov 30, 2022
  2. itsme1 Win User

How to get the Windows 10 2022 Update version 22H2 Win Update

If you can't install it from windows update you can try to install it manually, it's the same KB5015684 obtained with windows update.

Windows 10 Version 22H2 is coming in October 2022 ---> KB5015684 Provides Quick Windows 10 22H2 Upgrade - Ed Tittel On the Ed Tittel page click on the links DeskModder.de or .MSU x64 version of the upgrade.

KB5015684 Funktionsupdate auf die Windows 10 22H2 (19045) [Manueller Download] - Deskmodder.de

Do dism and sfc /scannow commands before and/or after installing it.

itsme1, Dec 1, 2022
  3. Andy Roid Win User
    How to get the Windows 10 2022 Update version 22H2 Win Update

I wish things are that simple. My error code was 0x80246017, and I don't have KB5020435 installed so it's a dead end. BTW, MS lists like 6 or 7 error codes of the format 0x8024xxxx on the "troubleshooting WU problems", and when you chose next step, it suggests generic steps: run WU troubleshooter, check if your disk has no errors, is your remote disk is accessible, etc. Same as MS community; each similar error has completely different cause and (re)solution.
    MS in notorious for this- if it works then OK, if it doesn't then good luck.

Andy Roid, Dec 1, 2022
  4. Raniel V. Win User

Good day! I'm Raniel. I understand your frustration regarding this issue and I'll do my best to help.

Just to clarify, did you make any changes to your machine before encountering this issue? Have you also tried to restart the explorer

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard to open task manager

2. Go to the Details tab > select "Explorer.exe" > Right-click and select "End task"

3. Click on File and select Run a new task

4. Type "explorer.exe" and press OK

5. Sign out and sign back in, then check again

Double-check if your machine doesn't have any pending security patches: Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for Updates. Also ensure that the necessary drivers for your machine are properly updated by getting them from the manufacturer's website (especially your graphics drivers). You may refer to this guide:

https://support.microsoft.com/help/4028443/wind...

Another option is to enable the "built-in" administrator account to isolate the issue:

1. On your search bar, type command prompt and select "run as administrator"

2. On the command prompt window, type net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter

3. Reboot your machine, then login to your admin account, and see if you'll encounter the same issue

Note: If you don't encounter the issue on the built-in administrator account, I suggest that you create a new user account (go through the steps under "My computer is in a workgroup") . Please refer to this article as a guide: https://support.microsoft.com/help/14039/window...

However, if the issue persist, kindly perform a repair install of your Windows which fixes the broken system files on your machine. Here is a guide: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repai...

There should be no worries in performing it since you will select the option to keep your files during the process.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Raniel V., Dec 1, 2022
Thema:

1. Why has Win 10 22h2 with latest update stopped populating menus? - Similar Threads - Why has 22h2

2. Why has Win 10 22h2 with latest update stopped populating menus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has Win 10 22h2 with latest update stopped populating menus?: When I click on a program icon in the tray, it shows me a blank window. When I run the curser over it, the menu items display as it passes over them. I have the same problem with some other programs when I right click to bring up a menu. I'm on an old HP Pavilion 20...
  3. Why has Win 10 22h2 with latest update stopped populating menus?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why has Win 10 22h2 with latest update stopped populating menus?: When I click on a program icon in the tray, it shows me a blank window. When I run the curser over it, the menu items display as it passes over them. I have the same problem with some other programs when I right click to bring up a menu. I'm on an old HP Pavilion 20...
  4. Latest WIN 10 update stopped Organizer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest WIN 10 update stopped Organizer: After the last Windows Update Early jan 20 my Lotus Organizer cannot be opened. Get a message "Cannot find org.exe". As it has never not been available after windows changes and updates, this was the last thing I expected. All the files exist still I just cannot open the...
  5. Latest Win 10 update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Latest Win 10 update.: I downloaded the latest update about 2 weeks ago. When I went to transfer photo from my camera to computer I found that I was unable to. I got a response saying that I needed to download an app from the store. When I tried the store I was unable to access that as well. Has...
  6. forced to update win 10 - WHY!!??? Stop it!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    forced to update win 10 - WHY!!??? Stop it!: Why are users forced win 10 updates? You've already destroyed my gameing-PC twice with the updates that it did not work anymore (Needs special drivers) - I had to invest many hours each time to restore my Gaming-PC. You have to give users the choice to install any updates or...
  7. Latest Win 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Win 10 Update: Today my laptop did an auto win 10 update. When finished it turned off. Tried to restart but got error message saying there is an issue and rebooted again. Went thru this several times and did a repair twice but this did not work. Finally I had to do a reset. Another...
  8. Latest Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest Win 10 update: Update was downloaded and when I tried to boot after restart it loads some things (network adapter) that i can see but hangs up after Win trademark and loads no more . I am not tech astute but have tried to boot in safe mode but can't do that. I can load HP diagnostics but...
  9. Latest Win 10 Updates !!!

Latest Win 10 Updates !!!: Anyone had fun today with 10 updates? They went into my pc this morning and since then its taken me an hour and a half to get to the point where I can type this. The pc booted up, no image. Had to reset to default Samsung flat screen to get it to come 'alive'. Then the...
  10. Latest Win 10 Update

Latest Win 10 Update: [img] My PC now updated .. that took a long time, but here in Darkest Africa. I only have an "up to 4 Mbps" ADSL connection. I also see that this is my 100th post on TenForums *Smile This is a great forum, and the willingness of everybody to help less knowledgeable...