Windows 10: Why has Windows 10 Installed Spotify on my computer?

Discus and support Why has Windows 10 Installed Spotify on my computer? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm not sure how to make a complaint but there is no way Microsoft should be installing adverts onto my computer. Whenever I startup my computer I now... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TommyG2000, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Why has Windows 10 Installed Spotify on my computer?

I'm not sure how to make a complaint but there is no way Microsoft should be installing adverts onto my computer. Whenever I startup my computer I now get a screen popup asking me to create an account on Spotify. I don't intend to ever use Spotify, even less so now. I have a fully licensed paid version of Windows and I don't appreciate this **** being installed on my computer.I'd like an answer from Microsoft on this.

:)

TommyG2000, Sep 29, 2022

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 29, 2022
  3. Geethu B Win User
    windows 10 and spotify

Hi Jackie,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

If you face any issue while using Spotify on Windows 10, you may try to install Spotify in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

To install Spotify in compatibility mode follow these steps:

a. Right-click on the setup file of the program and select “Properties”.

b. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

c. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and
    select latest Windows version from the drop down list.

d Let Spotify install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Sep 29, 2022
  4. Why has Windows 10 Installed Spotify on my computer?

Cortana - Spotify problem

So when I tell Cortana to play a song on spotify she does successfully finds the songs but doesn't actually play it. She just brings up spotify without changing the song.

I found this fix:

• 1. Unlink Cortana (in her settings)
    • 2. Revoke Cortana app access (via accounts.spotify.com), and while you're logged on...
    • 3. Set up an App Password especially if you're using facebook to log in (this may not be neccessary, but I did so just to circumvent all potnetial issues).
    • 4. Uninstall Spotify

5. Install Spotify from the Windows Store (I believe the actual cause of the issue is that those of us with the problem probably installed from the Spotify Installer download, rather than
      the Windows Store).
    • 6. Launch and log in to the Spotify app with the app password you created in step three.

7. Link Cortana using the app password you created in step three.
    • 8. Restart your computer (my Cortana didn't think Spotify was installed until I did so).

9. Enjoy hands-free music browsing!

The problem with this tho is that it only works untill i shut down/restart the PC. After that I need to redo this all again in order for it to work and its really frustrating to do this everytime I open my computer.

DanLevitchi, Sep 29, 2022
Thema:

Why has Windows 10 Installed Spotify on my computer?

1. Why has Windows 10 Installed Spotify on my computer? - Similar Threads - Why has Installed

2. Why won’t my computer install windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won’t my computer install windows 10?: I had an SSD installed and when reinstalling windows 10, it seemed that it didn't install properly and my laptop became buggy so I took it to the IT department to have it reinstalled. I copied everything I needed to the secondary drive drive D:. The IT guy told me that his...
  3. Why won’t my computer install windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won’t my computer install windows 10?: I had an SSD installed and when reinstalling windows 10, it seemed that it didn't install properly and my laptop became buggy so I took it to the IT department to have it reinstalled. I copied everything I needed to the secondary drive drive D:. The IT guy told me that his...
  4. Why won’t my computer install windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Spotify do not work on my lumia 950xl window 10 why?

Spotify do not work on my lumia 950xl window 10 why?: I have a lumia 950xl mobil and I downloaded Spotify. But when I try to start Spotify I get the answer that I must upgrade to premium in order to get it work but when I upgrade on their homepage and try againit does not help. Spotify do not work on my lumia 950xl with window...
  6. why was Spotify added to my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why was Spotify added to my taskbar?: I'm using Windows 10. I let it update when it wants, so I assume everything is current.In the last week, or so I noticed a Spotify icon on the taskbar. This is curious because I have never used Spotify and do not intend to. Ever. I opened the app and it appeared that it was...
  7. why was Spotify added to my taskbar?

why was Spotify added to my taskbar?: I'm using Windows 10. I let it update when it wants, so I assume everything is current.In the last week, or so I noticed a Spotify icon on the taskbar. This is curious because I have never used Spotify and do not intend to. Ever. I opened the app and it appeared that it was...
  8. Why has Windows 10 Installed Spotify on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has Windows 10 Installed Spotify on my computer?: I'm not sure how to make a complaint but there is no way Microsoft should be installing adverts onto my computer. Whenever I startup my computer I now get a screen popup asking me to create an account on Spotify. I don't intend to ever use Spotify, even less so now. I have a...
  9. Why has Windows 10 Installed Spotify on my computer?

Why has Windows 10 Installed Spotify on my computer?: I'm not sure how to make a complaint but there is no way Microsoft should be installing adverts onto my computer. Whenever I startup my computer I now get a screen popup asking me to create an account on Spotify. I don't intend to ever use Spotify, even less so now. I have a...
  10. Is the Spotify app installed by default on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is the Spotify app installed by default on Windows 10?: I have the Spotify app installed on a fresh install of windows 10. Does everyone have the Spotify app? submitted by /u/unofficialmoderator [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m4bbdq/is_the_spotify_app_installed_by_default_on/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana play spotify