Windows 10: Why has windows 10 reverted to windows 7?

Discus and support Why has windows 10 reverted to windows 7? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I can see that this has happened for people years ago, but is it still happening and if so, why? Any advice gratefully received!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Enthusiastagirl, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Why has windows 10 reverted to windows 7?

I can see that this has happened for people years ago, but is it still happening and if so, why?

Any advice gratefully received!

:)

Enthusiastagirl, Sep 24, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 24, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Sep 24, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Why has windows 10 reverted to windows 7?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

Why has windows 10 reverted to windows 7?

1. Why has windows 10 reverted to windows 7? - Similar Threads - Why has reverted

2. Reverting back to windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reverting back to windows 7: A mistake about 20 months ago upgraded windows 7 to windows 10. My laptop was not built for windows 10 and as a result makes everything run at a snails pace. Is there anyway i can revert back to windows 7 please?...
  3. Reverting back to windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reverting back to windows 7: A mistake about 20 months ago upgraded windows 7 to windows 10. My laptop was not built for windows 10 and as a result makes everything run at a snails pace. Is there anyway i can revert back to windows 7 please?...
  4. Reverting back to windows 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 reverted back to Windows 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 reverted back to Windows 7: For some reason my computer reverted back to Windows 7 from Windows 10. I upgraded to Windows 10 in May 2020, and my system had been working fine until now. The only changes I've made to my system was to the latest Windows 10 updated a few days ago which required a reboot...
  6. Reverting to Windows 7 in 2020

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reverting to Windows 7 in 2020: Hello, I want to upgrade to Windows 10 today. If I would've upgraded to Windows 10 today could I revert back to Windows 7 today? Thank you. submitted by /u/teodo334 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g2j5b6/reverting_to_windows_7_in_2020/
  7. Reverting to Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reverting to Windows 7: I need to revert my laptop back to Windows 7 unfortunately the laptop has been handed down a couple of times and so the original disc has long been lost. I have tried downloading the ISO from the Microsoft software download page however the website returns an error message...
  8. Windows 10 revert to 7?

Windows 10 revert to 7?: I had windows 8.1 it was kinda messed up so i upraded to 10 even tho i regret it. now when i look at the revert option it shows windows 7 and not 8.1 i have never had windows 7 on this comp since the drivers made for the comp are for 8. im guessing if i tried the reset to...
  9. Revert to Windows 7

Revert to Windows 7: Upgrade to Windows 10 2 weeks ago, fine except 2 progs I use won't work in WIndows 10, plus one is no longer supported. Since I still have the Windows.old folder, and within the 4 week option I should be able to restore Windows 7. However within Settings/Recovery where I...
  10. Reverted Back to Windows 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Reverted Back to Windows 7: Sadly I have reverted back to Windows 7 for the time being due to a number of issues i have faced with Windows 10. It is an amazing OS yes, but it is not stable yet in terms of performance. I shall upgrade back after Threshold 2 releases i.e in November or December. Some of...