Windows 10: Why has Windows 10 Updated my NVidia GPU Driver?

Discus and support Why has Windows 10 Updated my NVidia GPU Driver? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I've disabled W10 from updating device drivers - see the screenshot. [img] NVidia contol panel and updates are disabled yet today W10 installed a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Steve C, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Steve C Win User

Why has Windows 10 Updated my NVidia GPU Driver?

I've disabled W10 from updating device drivers - see the screenshot.

Why has Windows 10 Updated my NVidia GPU Driver? [​IMG]

NVidia contol panel and updates are disabled yet today W10 installed a new GPU driver. I'm mystified why the driver was updated when updates should be disabled.

:)

Steve C, Jul 30, 2016

2. Windows 10 update drivers GPU

My question is why windows update does not install the latest drivers for example GPU Intel and Nvidia ...I have hybrid GPU on my laptop.

Instead it installs older version even if the latest drivers are WHQL on Intel and Nvidia download section.

GabrielGeorgescuGG, Jul 30, 2016
  3. rakchhom Win User
    Windows 10 driver updates

rakchhom, Jul 30, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Steve, *Smile

If you checked "GeForce Experience" when you installed your NVIDIA drivers, that could automatically update your video driver if not disabled in your NVIDIA settings.

The "Device installation settings" will no longer always stop driver updates being available in Windows Update. The newer policy below may help.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Jul 30, 2016
  5. Steve C Win User
    Thanks. Your post 12 in the above tutorial mentions I need to wait for the Anniversary Update after 2nd August so I'll try your recommended fix after then.

Steve C, Jul 30, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're welcome. I hope it does the trick for you.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Why has Windows 10 Updated my NVidia GPU Driver? - Similar Threads - Why has Updated

2. Pc BSOD and issues with Nvidia gpu drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc BSOD and issues with Nvidia gpu drivers: My pc had issues after a BIOS update, where the GPU no longer outputs to display and Nvidia drivers fail to install or do install and bsod the pc. Even when they do install the gpu outputs still fail to work. I've tried using DDU to remove the Nvidia drivers and download...
  3. Pc BSOD and issues with Nvidia gpu drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc BSOD and issues with Nvidia gpu drivers: My pc had issues after a BIOS update, where the GPU no longer outputs to display and Nvidia drivers fail to install or do install and bsod the pc. Even when they do install the gpu outputs still fail to work. I've tried using DDU to remove the Nvidia drivers and download...
  4. No audio after updating nvidia gpu drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio after updating nvidia gpu drivers: I updated my NVIDIA drivers, and now no audio output device is installed and i cant redownload geforce experience, i also tried installing realtek drivers which didnt work either, how do i fix this...
  5. No audio after updating nvidia gpu drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio after updating nvidia gpu drivers: I updated my NVIDIA drivers, and now no audio output device is installed and i cant redownload geforce experience, i also tried installing realtek drivers which didnt work either, how do i fix this...
  6. No audio after updating nvidia gpu drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows 10 May 2020 Update gets Intel and Nvidia GPU drivers

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2020 Update gets Intel and Nvidia GPU drivers: With the upcoming Windows 10 May 2020 Update (version 2004) inching closer to a public rollout, chipmakers are preparing new driver software to improve compatibility and performance. In the second week of May, Intel released new DCH drivers with support for Windows 10 May...
  8. Nvidia GPU but laptop also has INTEL GPU drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia GPU but laptop also has INTEL GPU drivers: New Dell laptop with Windows 10Pro. Laptop has an optional NVidia MX250 GPU. I installed that latest NV drivers. I also went into the Dell control manager system where it looked for updates for drivers. It updated A few drivers incl and update to BIOS but It also seemed to...
  9. Windows update unrecognized my Nvidia GPU

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update unrecognized my Nvidia GPU: So, the recent update finally broke my Laptop for good. My graphics card is no longer recognized and Nvidia driver does not find my hardware compatible to previously installed one. Is there a way to opt out of windows 10 update forever and ever and ever?? I absolutely...
  10. Latest update has broken GPU driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest update has broken GPU driver: Update from July 10, 2018—KB4338819 (OS Build 17134.165) has done something to the drivers on my GTX960 4G , so I had to reinstall them. Before I did that csrss.exe was taking up 2.2G of VRAM, and about 25-30% of its processor. That was really annoying, because it was as if...