Windows 10: Why Hasn't Microsoft, fix Windows 8 and Windows 10 Search not finding empty folders?

Discus and support Why Hasn't Microsoft, fix Windows 8 and Windows 10 Search not finding empty folders? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Okay, everyone, I have been complaining to MS since Windows 8 has came out, till this very days now, even with Windows 10, that Windows Search in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Netverse, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Netverse Win User

Why Hasn't Microsoft, fix Windows 8 and Windows 10 Search not finding empty folders?

Okay, everyone, I have been complaining to MS since Windows 8 has came out, till this very days now, even with Windows 10, that Windows Search in the Search Box, in File Manager (FILE EXPLORER) is written so poorly, it can't even find an EMPTY FOLDER. Whether you pick KIND or TYPE to equal FOLDER and Size to equal empty or zero bytes, the only FOLDER it will find is a compressed Folder that is empty.

Think about it, Windows has been around for more than 25 Years, and yet IT CANNOT find Empty Folders, when do a search so You can just pick them and delete them. People have to resort to 3rd party software, or batch files of some sort, to do this. IT is pretty Pathetic. FEEDBACK app doesn't seem to work, as I have posted 100 times, about this all the time, and yet, MS programmers are too Screwed up in the head to include this. A multi-billion dollar company that copies everyone else's features in software and then includes them in later builds or just flat our right buys the company, isn't smart enough to make Windows Explorer Search FIND A FOLDER that is empty. I mean, there are no Desktop.ini files, nor THumbnail.db files in any of these folders, cause I checked, and Windows Can't find them.

That is why I disable Cortana, using Powershell or 3rd party software, cause CORTANA has to send all your info to MS server to process it, And that Is why I disable Windows Search, because it is useless piece of crap, and use Everything Search (FREEWARE), it finds empty folders. It is amazing that ONE person, like the creator of Everything search is smarter then all of the programmers that every worked for Microsoft and has more common sense to include this feature then Microsoft Employees combined.

I am Posting this so people can just start **** at MS for charging so much for an Operating System that Just lacks Features like this and other things. Also, to the software Engineers for MS, you all screwed up the Horizontal/Vertical feature, after changing it to Stacked/Side by Side for Open Windows.

IT doesn't even work correctly, and places the windows on the left side of the screen, 1/4 the size of the windows. Also the resize BUTTON, whatever it is called, the one that looks like a square, will not put my Window back in the same position, and size when I go full screen and click it to go back.

I am telling you, Windows is so screwed up and messed up my battery three times after Updates, that I have to Install windows fresh from and ISO just to fix it. We are talking about file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission about putting out a LEMON. Windows New Rebranded name should be LEMONS, cause it will just sour up your day.

Windows is NOT a proficient piece of software that will help you. WINDOWS is not conducive, and the more crap you add, and change the locations of stuff or rename stuff, people are constantly having to re-learn Windows all over again. I get this where is this, or than. and my answer, is oh, they changed the word, or put it in a different spot, or removed it(so you are screwed in helping them).

You all try to make Windows so fancy, but you just can't fix the real problem, the hundreds of bugs that it has, or stuff that was working, is now not working after you all updated it, because someone messed up the code.

People should be suing MS for pain and suffering, and ripping them off, or loss of data, and everything else, loss of time.

I don't care if a MS rep responds, because I am tired of their Reps from India telling me that I am smarter than they are, or telling me to hack MS server and fix the problem myself, when they were so ignorant to not know, that the reason my problem existed on the site, is they Discontinued the service and still have the login page, giving me an error for a service that didn't exist. Yeah I have more than one story on how incompetent or how Rude their employees are to WINDOWS OS owners.

People get so pissed off, they come to me for help and I end up having to call MS to try to get something done.

Seriously, Some of my family members switched back over to MAC, and other people, and many techs I know, rather use Linux over Microsoft.

I like to know how many people on this planet would like to go in with me to Form a Class Action Suit against Microsoft for Forcing us to use their APPS and not be able to disable them or remove them completely, or Forcing us to not be able to remove/disable Edge, and other software they put on the system. Seriously, I use powershell and 3rd party software to remove their apps.

:)

Netverse, Feb 16, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 16, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft claims I signed up for Windows 10...

Click to expand... This is my list of hidden updates:

Why Hasn't Microsoft, fix Windows 8 and Windows 10 Search not finding empty folders? [​IMG]

P4-630, Feb 16, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Why Hasn't Microsoft, fix Windows 8 and Windows 10 Search not finding empty folders?

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Why Hasn't Microsoft, fix Windows 8 and Windows 10 Search not finding empty folders? - Similar Threads - Why Hasn't Microsoft

2. Why doesn't Microsoft fix the "This folder is empty." when connecting an iPhone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't Microsoft fix the "This folder is empty." when connecting an iPhone.: There is no reason any user of Windows 11 should have to search for a solution to this issue only to be given dozens of "opinions" on tasks we have to perform to see if we can solve the problem. This is simple - plug cable to iPhone at latest IOS release and the other end to...
  3. Why doesn't Microsoft fix the "This folder is empty." when connecting an iPhone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why doesn't Microsoft fix the "This folder is empty." when connecting an iPhone.: There is no reason any user of Windows 11 should have to search for a solution to this issue only to be given dozens of "opinions" on tasks we have to perform to see if we can solve the problem. This is simple - plug cable to iPhone at latest IOS release and the other end to...
  4. So why hasn't this been fixed yet??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So why hasn't this been fixed yet??: The Photos app literally has a memory leak. Open it, let it sit and bam, it'll quickly eat up your RAM after some waiting. This has been reported 2 years ago. Wtf? submitted by /u/XCuteManlinessMLGX [link] [comments]...
  5. Empty File Folders and Windows 10

Empty File Folders and Windows 10: Last year I uploaded all my music and photographs to the One Drive and an external hard drive when the One Drive was full from my previous pc that ran Windows 7. I then downloaded, or so I thought, all of the music and photographs to my new pc operating Windows 10. I...
  6. Search for empty folders on disk fails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search for empty folders on disk fails: Trying to do a search for empty folders so they can be deleted. A search like this turns up nothing? Kind:=Folder size:empty Kind:=Folder size:0 for some reason I thought this functionality used to work properly but has regressed (i.e. IT DON'T WORK!) Because of nature...
  7. Email folders are empty windows 10

Email folders are empty windows 10: I use a desktop with keyboard, Windows 10 installed Edge and Internet explorer is used for browsers. I have an email address from the 1990s that was first issued to me by my first ISP. it ends in .net I use that because of customers and friends all used it for that many...
  8. Can't find empty folders using Windows Explorer search function

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't find empty folders using Windows Explorer search function: I'm trying to find all folders that are empty. Within Windows Explorer I select the folder, which contains a number of sub-folders. Click in the search box which then brings up the search options at the top of the window. I select All Subfolders; Type as Folders: Size as...
  9. Windows 10 Pictures " this folder is empty"

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pictures " this folder is empty": I cannot see or view any of my pictures. I click on a folder and it tells me its empty. When I click on properties, its obvious by the size of the file, that its still there. I Any ideas on how to fix this? 18139
  10. Empty folder message for non-empty folder by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Empty folder message for non-empty folder by Windows 10: "This folder is empty" message displayed by Microsoft OneDrive although the folder has thousands of subfolder with over 20 000 files! This error has been since Windows 10 OneDrive was introduced. 54515