Windows 10: Why Hasn't the US or the EU Sued Microsoft Yet For Lack of Win 10 Parental Controls

Discus and support Why Hasn't the US or the EU Sued Microsoft Yet For Lack of Win 10 Parental Controls in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; If a parent wants to enable basic content and/or computer usage controls, they're forced to register an email account with Microsoft. Currently in... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by CharlieBitMe, May 6, 2020.

1. Why Hasn't the US or the EU Sued Microsoft Yet For Lack of Win 10 Parental Controls

If a parent wants to enable basic content and/or computer usage controls, they're forced to register an email account with Microsoft. Currently in Windows 10, it's impossible to enable any sort of parental controls without the compulsory email account registration step.

Microsoft has locked and disabled commenting for all community forum threads which complain about this same issue. What a coincidence.

When will US and EU law makers get some free and easy money from Microsoft, for effectively forcing parents to register email accounts for their kids if they want to enable basic parental controls functionality? So if my 5-yo wants to watch a Dora video, they must be chipped and tagged with a Microsoft email account? The Stasi don't have anything on Microsoft.

:)

CharlieBitMe, May 6, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

New Microsoft children accounts EU GDPR parental consent verifications

Source: Microsoft begins new EU GDPR parental consent verifications for children's accounts - Microsoft on the Issues

Why Hasn't the US or the EU Sued Microsoft Yet For Lack of Win 10 Parental Controls [​IMG]
    Tip How to Add or Remove a Child Account for Your Microsoft Family in Windows 10

Brink, May 6, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    New Microsoft children accounts EU GDPR parental consent verifications

Source: Microsoft begins new EU GDPR parental consent verifications for children's accounts - Microsoft on the Issues

Why Hasn't the US or the EU Sued Microsoft Yet For Lack of Win 10 Parental Controls [​IMG]
    Tip How to Add or Remove a Child Account for Your Microsoft Family in Windows 10

Brink, May 6, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Why Hasn't the US or the EU Sued Microsoft Yet For Lack of Win 10 Parental Controls

Parental Controls aren't working

Hi,

The issue could be because of corrupted files. I suggest you to delete the corrupted files yourself and see if it helps

to resolve the issue, please follow these steps:

1) Make sure your children are signed out of any monitored accounts.

2) Sign in with an administrator account and find the folder that contains the corrupted files.

There are two ways to do this. The easiest way is to enter the complete file path:

• On the Start screen, type C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press Enter.

• If you’d rather open each folder individually, follow these steps:
    a. Go to This PC

b. Open C:, open the
    ProgramData folder, open the Microsoft folder, open the
    Windows folder, and open the Parental Controls folder.

3) Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.

This will delete any corrupt files. Your settings will be downloaded again from familysafety.microsoft.com the next time you sign in.

Hope it helps. Reply with the result and I'll be happy to help you further. Thank you

Arul_D, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Why Hasn't the US or the EU Sued Microsoft Yet For Lack of Win 10 Parental Controls

1. Why Hasn't the US or the EU Sued Microsoft Yet For Lack of Win 10 Parental Controls - Similar Threads - Why Hasn't Sued

2. Disable Microsoft parental controls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Microsoft parental controls: Hi, I am in a Microsoft family with friends.I did not ask have Microsoft Parental Controls set up however and neither did my friends.Microsoft was actively making advertisement with the fact that you did not have to be an actual family in order to use this feature. Now I...
  3. Lack of effective parental control from Microsoft. Other options?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lack of effective parental control from Microsoft. Other options?: Hello, since Microsoft does allow kids to remove themselves from the family group or just uninstall parental settings it results that Microsoft does not have parental control options built in. What other providers of parental control do you recommend having software that...
  4. Lack of effective parental control from Microsoft. Other options?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lack of effective parental control from Microsoft. Other options?: Hello, since Microsoft does allow kids to remove themselves from the family group or just uninstall parental settings it results that Microsoft does not have parental control options built in. What other providers of parental control do you recommend having software that...
  5. Parent: How to turn off Wins 10 Parental Control totally

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Parent: How to turn off Wins 10 Parental Control totally: Hi, I set up parental control on my PC when my kids was younger. Which means they each have their own sign in ID on my PC. Eg: If the son want to use, he will log in his ID. I am of course the main Admin User. I think this is tagged to the Microsoft Family . As they have...
  6. Microsoft parental controls not working

Microsoft parental controls not working: Hello,My computer Had parental controlsand was granted time for the whole dayand the Computer still didnt log me inIt kept saying You can use your pc on 16/7/2021 8:00am Which is todayand i logged in after that time and it still didnt work other devices it worked but one...
  7. Microsoft parental controls

Microsoft parental controls: Hello all! i just made a parental confrol account, ive logged onto the childs account and accepted the invite myself. I set up the app settings and internet settings. Now my child has to log onto their computer. Do they have to log into the settings part to actually...
  8. So why hasn't this been fixed yet??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So why hasn't this been fixed yet??: The Photos app literally has a memory leak. Open it, let it sit and bam, it'll quickly eat up your RAM after some waiting. This has been reported 2 years ago. Wtf? submitted by /u/XCuteManlinessMLGX [link] [comments]...
  9. Parental control not working in Win 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Parental control not working in Win 10: Hi, I have the latest Win10, all patches applied. I have created an new microsoft account for my 8 years old son. I applied all the restrictions for content: block inappropriate content and then added 5 websites that should be always allowed and ticked the checkbox: "Only...
  10. Why Hasn't This Feature Been Implemented Yet?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why Hasn't This Feature Been Implemented Yet?: Please somebody tell Microsoft about this feature, even though it is no longer 'considered' as a very high priority, yet does happen from time to time on rare occasions: Explorer.exe crashes and your File Explorer windows that were open, all vanish. (All your programs stay...