Windows 10: Why have a bunch of my folders moved to One Drive suddenly?

Discus and support Why have a bunch of my folders moved to One Drive suddenly? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have never set up One Drive, so obviously i 've never used it. I was having problems with Edge. I did a Reset, using the keep my files option.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kid6Boy4, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Kid6Boy4 Win User

Why have a bunch of my folders moved to One Drive suddenly?

I have never set up One Drive, so obviously i 've never used it.

I was having problems with Edge. I did a Reset, using the keep my files option. That didn't help, so I did a refresh. 3 times. It did not help Edge, then my Grandson said it wouldn't help Edge anyway, I (no, he) did a simple Reset from apps, advanced settings.

At this time, I discovered that My Desktop, Documents, 3D objects, and several other folders, have been moved to One Drive. To "Lee Hyde's Notebook", which is reached thru an Inernet Shortcut.

And a Lee Hyde directory has appeared in my Navigation Pane, which in addition to others, has several empty folders, as their files have been moved to One Drive.

I have done Refresh and Reset several times before,, and this has never happened. I 've never used, much less even setup One Drive.

Did this happen due to my Reset or Refresh operations?

Oh, by the way, I do have everything backed up, so I'm good.

But that shouldn't even matter as , I suppose, they should , somehow, be unharmed up in the ozone as Lee Hyde's Notebook, which I reckon is part of One Drive, which is part of......, which must be in...... I don't know, I 'm just confused, trying figure out if it's Trump, Climate Change, AOC, Bernie, Uncle Joe, or just some guy named Lee hitting too many buttons?

Fact is, computers are actually dumb #@%@, and only do as told.

Help, please. Confused, but none the less unharmed.

:)

Kid6Boy4, Apr 27, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Suddenly, Documents folder has moved to Downloads

Hi,

One possible cause why your Documents folder suddenly moved to Downloads folder due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes aside from connecting to your university network?
    • Did you get any error messages when you tried to move it back?
    • Does this happen with Documents folder only or with other folders also?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Apr 27, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Suddenly, Documents folder has moved to Downloads

We appreciate the details you've provided. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to move your Documents Folder Location in Windows 10:

• You need to create a new folder named Documents at the location you want to move your personal Documents folder.
    • Press Win + E to open File Explorer, right-click
      Documents, and select Properties.
    • Select the Location tab and click the Move button.
    • Browse and select the new Documents folder at the location you want to move the folder Documents. Click the
      Select Folder.
    • Click OK to apply.
    • Click Yes to move all the files from the old location to the new location.
    • Your personal Documents folder and all of its contents will now be moved to the new location.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 27, 2019
  4. Why have a bunch of my folders moved to One Drive suddenly?

Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

Why have a bunch of my folders moved to One Drive suddenly?

1. Why have a bunch of my folders moved to One Drive suddenly? - Similar Threads - Why bunch folders

2. Why did ONE Drive Move My Folder from the PC to ONE Drive?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did ONE Drive Move My Folder from the PC to ONE Drive?!: For my entire adult life, I have been saving my documents and pictures on my PC under "Documents" and "Photos." But I looked in File Explore today and low and behold -- ALL of my documents and photos are GONE. I checked under ONE Drive and I found them there instead....
  3. Why did ONE Drive Move My Folder from the PC to ONE Drive?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did ONE Drive Move My Folder from the PC to ONE Drive?!: For my entire adult life, I have been saving my documents and pictures on my PC under "Documents" and "Photos." But I looked in File Explore today and low and behold -- ALL of my documents and photos are GONE. I checked under ONE Drive and I found them there instead....
  4. Why does Microsoft have the pictures folder linked with One Drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does Microsoft have the pictures folder linked with One Drive?: I am unhappy that my photos went to the Cloud/One Drive. I did NOT want them there. However, with an update to Microsoft Photos, settings I had in place were changed. I spent the evening deleting the photos from One Drive. And then I unlinked my account from One Drive. I...
  5. Why does Microsoft have the pictures folder linked with One Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft have the pictures folder linked with One Drive?: I am unhappy that my photos went to the Cloud/One Drive. I did NOT want them there. However, with an update to Microsoft Photos, settings I had in place were changed. I spent the evening deleting the photos from One Drive. And then I unlinked my account from One Drive. I...
  6. Why does Microsoft have the pictures folder linked with One Drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Move folder out of one drive into exterior flash drive

Move folder out of one drive into exterior flash drive: I had to re format an exterior flash drive so I moved 30.5GB of files to one drive temporarily. PC has only 12GB of free space so that's why I didn't move the folder there temporarily. I am trying to move the folder back to the flash drive but it won't let me. Support says to...
  8. Trouble moving folders within One Drive to Vault

Trouble moving folders within One Drive to Vault: Hi, I have premium one drive with 1TB of space. I still have about 900gb free on one drive. I am trying to move a single folder that contains multiple folders and files to the vault. I see that it moves the parent directory or folder but not the contents within. I'm...
  9. How to remove one drive and move my items from the one drive folder

How to remove one drive and move my items from the one drive folder: I would like to remove one drive from my computer and rearrange my documents and other folders that are under the OneDrive folder. Also can I change my user name under \users without messing up other things? Thanks!...
  10. Turning off One Drive/Move Documents Folder

Turning off One Drive/Move Documents Folder: I just bought a new Acer laptop with Windows 10 64-bit pre-installed. I updated Windows to the most current version out there. I am trying to move the Windows Documents, Pictures and Desktop folders to a location other than under the User but am denied access, apparently...