Windows 10: Why have all my USB ports disappeared from my Dell laptop since last update????

Discus and support Why have all my USB ports disappeared from my Dell laptop since last update???? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Why have all my USB ports disappeared from my Dell laptop since last update?????... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SandyHaberkamp, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Why have all my USB ports disappeared from my Dell laptop since last update????

Why have all my USB ports disappeared from my Dell laptop since last update?????

:)

SandyHaberkamp, Oct 22, 2018
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

Why have all my USB ports disappeared from my Dell laptop since last update???? [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

Why have all my USB ports disappeared from my Dell laptop since last update???? [​IMG]

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Oct 22, 2018
  3. flamer Win User
    No USB ports working on toshiba laptop

Hi guys,

Got an old Toshiba laptop, satellite l500d pslk0a-00r009
    Its old and doesn't officially support win10. However I have it installed and everything works fine except USB. All the ports seem completely dead, plugging in a USB mouse I get no light on the mouse. USB flash drives don't work either. This was previously working under win7.

The issue seems to be I don't have "Generic USB hub" in device manager. Have tried to manually install it using add legacy hardware but it wont take. I have several USB root hub and others listed, but not the generic hub.

Here's what I have tried so far:

Uninstall all USB device in device managers and reboot
    Confirmed BIOS is latest version
    tried both legacy and compatibly USB mode in BIOS
    Download and install generic win10 USB drivers
    Disable USB power saving mode
    Installed toshiba's service center, no updates available
    Ran MS troubleshooter/fixit

I think the next step is to give up, but does anyone else have any suggestions?

thanks

flamer, Oct 22, 2018
  4. Ruz San Win User

Why have all my USB ports disappeared from my Dell laptop since last update????

USB ports failed

Hi,

To fully isolate where this problem is coming from, please answer the following:

• Have you tried connecting the peripheral devices to another computer to check if they will function?
    • How old is the laptop?

You can find additional things to try to fix USB port problems on this
    page.

We also suggest you run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
    in Windows 10. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Type Troubleshooting then press Enter.
    • On the left side, click View all.
    • Select Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Next and see if it will find any problems.

Keep us updated about the issue.

Ruz San, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

Why have all my USB ports disappeared from my Dell laptop since last update????

1. Why have all my USB ports disappeared from my Dell laptop since last update???? - Similar Threads - Why USB ports

2. Windows update disabled all of my usb ports.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update disabled all of my usb ports.: Hello Mirosoft team,After the recent update, I am unable to use any usb ports on my desktop pc. Due to this issue, I cannot sign into my computer since I cannot use my mouse or keyboard. I'm also unable to start safe mode or the troubleshooting options by shutting down the...
  3. Windows update disabled all of my usb ports.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update disabled all of my usb ports.: Hello Mirosoft team,After the recent update, I am unable to use any usb ports on my desktop pc. Due to this issue, I cannot sign into my computer since I cannot use my mouse or keyboard. I'm also unable to start safe mode or the troubleshooting options by shutting down the...
  4. "Move" button disappeared since my last update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Move" button disappeared since my last update: Moving files between flash drives or folders in my computer is very important to me. Since the last Windows update in January, the Move button disappeared and it is causing me a lot problem and wasting my time. Somebody please, help me on how to find the Move button or how to...
  5. "Move" button disappeared since my last update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Move" button disappeared since my last update: Moving files between flash drives or folders in my computer is very important to me. Since the last Windows update in January, the Move button disappeared and it is causing me a lot problem and wasting my time. Somebody please, help me on how to find the Move button or how to...
  6. ALL files have disappeared from my laptop after Windows update last week

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ALL files have disappeared from my laptop after Windows update last week: tried to uninstall last update but it won't let me. tried to restore to last restore point but ' restoring files' just went on for 24 hrs so I guessed it was stuck so forced shutdown. Tried restarting several times to no effect. Getting a message saying my Onedrive is full if...
  7. All of my Games are Crashing since the Last Update

All of my Games are Crashing since the Last Update: Hi, I've easily been running games on my laptop from both steam and origin until the Driver Update- Intel Corporation - Software Component- 17.9.1.1012 or the Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus. Now any game has been crashing after 10 minutes. How...
  8. HDMI port not working since last update

HDMI port not working since last update: Previously I have been able to uninstall the latest update to have it working again. This time I get the error "Not all of the updates were sucessfully uninstalled" and port is not functioning. Tried uninstalling as an admin using wusa command. Did not work. Any other way...
  9. USB ports unresponsive on Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB ports unresponsive on Dell laptop: Computer has been rebooted to no effect. Tried to connect a mouse and digital camera but neither shows up on the folder. After reboot there is the sound of splashing water but no device icon appears. Isn't the devices because they work fine on Toshiba Satellite laptop. How...
  10. Why (the fuck) Win10 forget all my password all the time since the last update ?

Why (the fuck) Win10 forget all my password all the time since the last update ?: Hello MS-team ! I use Windows since the 3.11 version and since Windows XP , your update make me crasy.... It always did... How much work did I loose because of you fucking update impossible to disabled, it's impossible to say... (for example I'm working, windows tell me...