Windows 10: Why have I been stopped from transferring apps to my SD card

Discus and support Why have I been stopped from transferring apps to my SD card in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It has been my practice for several years to transfer apps from my C Drive to my D drive, an integral SD Card, by checking out which ones can be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by clayto, Dec 5, 2020.

1. clayto Win User

Why have I been stopped from transferring apps to my SD card

It has been my practice for several years to transfer apps from my C Drive to my D drive, an integral SD Card, by checking out which ones can be transferred in Settings. Many can, others cannot me moved. Now I have suddenly started to get the notification below. What has 'having been from a different device' to do with it? I certainly do not want to remove files from the SD Card. What can I do about this?

Why have I been stopped from transferring apps to my SD card [​IMG]

:)

clayto, Dec 5, 2020
  2. Julie Ram Win User

Transferring data from laptop to micro sd card

Hi,

To help you in transferring the files from your PC to your SD card, follow the steps below:

• Connect the micro SD card reader to your computer.
    • Plug the micro SD card into the card reader.
    • Open the folder that contains files you want to transfer to the SD card.
    • Select the files, press and hold "Ctrl" and then, click the files that you want to transfer. Or press "Ctrl + A" to select all the files in the folder.
    • Press "Ctrl + C" to copy the files.
    • Choose a drive on your SD card and open the folder where you want to store the files.
    • Press "Ctrl + V" to paste the files.
    • Wait until all files are transferred then, remove the micro SD card from the card reader.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Julie Ram, Dec 5, 2020
  3. why cant i transfer nor download apps in the sd card??

I have a SD card in my nokia Lumia 720 but I am unable to transfer and download apps in it. Please help. I had even contacted the customer care with regards to this problem and they suggested I download zap handler. But I have been unable to follow that
    step as well.

[Moved from feedback]

Rosemary0116, Dec 5, 2020
  4. Why have I been stopped from transferring apps to my SD card

SD CARD

All appps are installed in phone memory. There is no way around this. You can install a game FROM the SD card but it is then installed in the device's main memory.

STEP 1: Copy all the .xap files which you want to install in your Windows 8 phone to your SD card.

STEP 2: Now go to Start -> Store -> SD card and wait for few minutes for all the .xap files to be loaded.

STEP 3: Select the app which you want to install -> Select Install option.

STEP 4: If your apps are compatible then you can see them in the Compatible apps list if not it will be shown in the Incompatible apps list.

STEP 5: Once you have successfully installed the apps, you can see those apps listed in the Apps list from start.

http://windows8search.com/forum/how-install-xap-files-windows-8-phone-2630.html

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

Why have I been stopped from transferring apps to my SD card

1. Why have I been stopped from transferring apps to my SD card - Similar Threads - Why been stopped

2. why i have been charged from my card 2 times ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why i have been charged from my card 2 times ?: why i have been charged from my bank account 2 times i already cancel my suscription and still they charged me 2 times from my card please return my money to my account thank you...
  3. why i have been charged from my card 2 times ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why i have been charged from my card 2 times ?: why i have been charged from my bank account 2 times i already cancel my suscription and still they charged me 2 times from my card please return my money to my account thank you...
  4. Transfer from MAC to PC via SD card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer from MAC to PC via SD card: Dear Sir or Madam,I tried to transfer video files from Mac to PC, using SD card. So, I copied the files from Mac to SD, but when I inserted the SD into PC, the PC does not read it at all. I switched the SD, to make sure the slot is working, and PC read the new one easily. I...
  5. Transfer from MAC to PC via SD card

Transfer from MAC to PC via SD card: Dear Sir or Madam,I tried to transfer video files from Mac to PC, using SD card. So, I copied the files from Mac to SD, but when I inserted the SD into PC, the PC does not read it at all. I switched the SD, to make sure the slot is working, and PC read the new one easily. I...
  6. Transfer from MAC to PC via SD card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Why have I been stopped from transferring apps to my SD card

Why have I been stopped from transferring apps to my SD card: It has been my practice for several years to transfer apps from my C Drive to my D drive, an integral SD Card, by checking out which ones can be transferred in Settings. Many can, others cannot me moved. Now I have suddenly started to get the notification below. What has...
  8. how do i transfer music from a sd card to my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i transfer music from a sd card to my computer: anyone know how to transfer music from a sd card to my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-music-from-a-sd-card-to-my/88f40322-c50b-4cfd-a22f-e6707a1fb9ad"
  9. How do I transfer apps to sd card (I have set apps to install to sd and chrome hasn’t...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I transfer apps to sd card (I have set apps to install to sd and chrome hasn’t...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/qwerty_9537 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/euqy7v/how_do_i_transfer_apps_to_sd_card_i_have_set_apps/
  10. Installing Apps from SD card

Installing Apps from SD card: I'm running W10 on my desktop, and will shortly be getting a new laptop, a HP Envy 13. I have a fair amount of software that came on CD/DVD, and obviously I could get an external DVD RW for not much money and install MS Office 2010, Lightroom 5 etc. from the DVD media. But...