Windows 10: Why have I started to get constant notifacations that "Photos is downloading Onedrive"...

Discus and support Why have I started to get constant notifacations that "Photos is downloading Onedrive"... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The "free up space" option on Onedrive is to take off files from the computer and leave them on Onedrive cloud only. However, since pressing that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by petal25, Mar 29, 2021.

1. petal25 Win User

Why have I started to get constant notifacations that "Photos is downloading Onedrive"...

The "free up space" option on Onedrive is to take off files from the computer and leave them on Onedrive cloud only. However, since pressing that option I have started received constant notifications that "photos is downloading from Onedrive". I have no idea where they are being downloaded too and why. I do not want them on my computer. They need to stay on Onedrive only.

Please can someone help?

If I press "cancel download" on the notification it tells me: "Cancelling downloads could cause photos to close" - what does that mean? Photos files are not even open.

Also how do I stop this? The notification says to go to Setting>automatic file downloads, but there is nothing there.

:)

petal25, Mar 29, 2021

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 29, 2021
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Whatsapp photos do not sync with OneDrive

Hi Luddy,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums,

You may try adding the photos manually by using the Upload tool of the OneDrive app. Please follow the steps mentioned in the article below.

Upload files or photos to OneDrive in Android

We we do have a dedicated support forum for OneDrive related issues, I suggest to get in touch with OneDrive Support team, where we have the professionals well equipped with the knowledge on this subject. Please follow the steps given below.

• Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser.
    • Click the '?' help icon on the top banner of the page and select
      Email OneDrive support.
    • Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

For additional help, please refer to the following article.

OneDrive Help Center

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Mar 29, 2021
  4. Why have I started to get constant notifacations that "Photos is downloading Onedrive"...

How can I download the photos from Onedrive Camera roll storage?

Hi Kate,

• Have you signed into the OneDrive client with your Microsoft account?
    • Are you able to see the files from OneDrive website?

I suggest you to try downloading the files from the OneDrive website and check. Go to
    Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. >
    Camera Roll folder > select the photos and download them.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance, we'll be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

Why have I started to get constant notifacations that "Photos is downloading Onedrive"...

1. Why have I started to get constant notifacations that "Photos is downloading Onedrive"... - Similar Threads - Why started constant

2. How do I get rid of these notifacations?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I get rid of these notifacations?: I keep getting notifications saying I have a few viruses and it looked up the trojan virus and it said it was fake, so I do not click on it because it is trying to get me to download the site and is just so annoying to have it constantly popping up....
  3. I am having daily, constant problems with Downloads folder not responding. Why is it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having daily, constant problems with Downloads folder not responding. Why is it...: HP LaptopWindows 10All of a sudden, I am having daily, constant problems with Downloads folder not responding. Why is it happening? How to fix it from continually re-occurring?...
  4. I am having daily, constant problems with Downloads folder not responding. Why is it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am having daily, constant problems with Downloads folder not responding. Why is it...: HP LaptopWindows 10All of a sudden, I am having daily, constant problems with Downloads folder not responding. Why is it happening? How to fix it from continually re-occurring?...
  5. I am having daily, constant problems with Downloads folder not responding. Why is it...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Constantly waiting for my files to be downloaded from OneDrive

Constantly waiting for my files to be downloaded from OneDrive: I recently began renting 1 tera on the clouds, I immediately backed up all my laptop. The problem is that now while working video editing mostly, I constantly need to wait for the files I need to be downloaded from my OneDrive storage. It's as if the files are now only on the...
  7. photos app automatically downloading from onedrive

photos app automatically downloading from onedrive: I have Windows 10 and am storing all my photos in the cloud on Onedrive. I don't want them on my hard drive. Periodically, the photos app starts downloading them from Onedrive without me initiating it. I've tried cancelling the download and blocking the app, but it just...
  8. Notifacation sound problem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Notifacation sound problem.: Recently my pc windows 10 didn't give me any notification sound. Although my notification sound is turned on. How can I solve my problem please notify me as soon as possible. Best Wishesh.......
  9. Why do I have to setup OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why do I have to setup OneDrive?: why do i need to setup OneDrive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-to-setup-onedrive/b6b6d3bb-85bd-4f91-b84a-660ef6391477
  10. Stop Photo-App downloading ALL Onedrive photos

Stop Photo-App downloading ALL Onedrive photos: Hi, the Photos app has indexed all my pictures in the onedrive-Folder. OK. Then I made them "Online available" to safe disk space. Every week, onedrive begins to download all my pictures. This are 200 GB of data. It seems, the photos app tries to reindex all the...