Windows 10: why have icons for pdf-files on the desktop turned black?

Discus and support why have icons for pdf-files on the desktop turned black? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; how to get back the icons like on the right side?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jackblack846, Jan 25, 2023.

1. why have icons for pdf-files on the desktop turned black?

how to get back the icons like on the right side?

:)

jackblack846, Jan 25, 2023
  2. howardg Win User

PDF icons on desktop turn into black squares

why have icons for pdf-files on the desktop turned black? 316434d1611787214t-pdf-icons-desktop-turn-into-black-squares-prefs.png

why have icons for pdf-files on the desktop turned black? 316435d1611787214t-pdf-icons-desktop-turn-into-black-squares-default-app.png

Here are shots of my defaults for file types and the preference for the Adobe Reade app.

howardg, Jan 25, 2023
  3. howardg Win User
    PDF icons on desktop turn into black squares

These two pictures show how the icon is supposed to look and what it eventually becomes. It is associated with the Adobe Reader App as indicated by the small Acrobat badge in the bottom right corner. It's supposed to show the first page of the PDF file, as shown on the right, but eventually it always goes black, as shown on the left.

Thanks.

why have icons for pdf-files on the desktop turned black? 316432d1611786657t-pdf-icons-desktop-turn-into-black-squares-incorrect.png

why have icons for pdf-files on the desktop turned black? 316433d1611786657t-pdf-icons-desktop-turn-into-black-squares-correct.png

howardg, Jan 25, 2023
  4. sasebo99 Win User

why have icons for pdf-files on the desktop turned black?

Pdf files show as black icons on my desktop.

After having installed Windows 10 Upgrade my .pdf file icons on my desktop appear black. When i first boot the machine, the .pdf files appear okay. However, within 1 second after boot is complete the icons turn black. This only affects the .pdf files.
    I have Adobe Reader XI Veer. 11.101.2 installed on my machine.

sasebo99, Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

why have icons for pdf-files on the desktop turned black?

1. why have icons for pdf-files on the desktop turned black? - Similar Threads - why icons pdf

2. why have icons for pdf-files on the desktop turned black?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why have icons for pdf-files on the desktop turned black?: how to get back the icons like on the right side? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-have-icons-for-pdf-files-on-the-desktop-turned/645a5f3f-2c40-4581-aa1d-3791008e1025
  3. why have icons for pdf-files on the desktop turned black?

in Windows 10 Customization
    why have icons for pdf-files on the desktop turned black?: how to get back the icons like on the right side? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-have-icons-for-pdf-files-on-the-desktop-turned/645a5f3f-2c40-4581-aa1d-3791008e1025
  4. PDF icons on desktop are black squares

PDF icons on desktop are black squares: Adobe Acrobat PDF icons have turned black on the desktop.I have tried numerous fixes - none seem to holdOne was to go to Control Panel - Admin Tools - and run Cleanupgo back to desktop and right click Refreshthis works to get rid of the black icons, but then they come right...
  5. PDF icons on desktop turn into black squares

in Windows 10 Support
    PDF icons on desktop turn into black squares: Hi all. My Windows 10 Pro x64 computer (v. 10.0.19042, Build 19042) has developed an odd problem. The desktop icon for PDF files (a wallpaper image of the first page of the file), turns to black after a period of time. If I right-click on the desktop, select "Display...
  6. PDF icons in Destokp are black

PDF icons in Destokp are black: Hi everyone, I have a big problem, I tried with delete icon canche doesn't help and reinstall Adobe Reader doesn't help too. I don't why when I turn on my computer only the pdf icons look blacks. Please help me. PD: I have the last version of Window and Adobe Acrobat....
  7. Desktop turning black & black squres behind icons

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop turning black & black squres behind icons: When I do a selection (click and drag) the space that I selected turns my desktop background black. When my cursor goes over an icon, a black square appears behind it. Also, when I drag an icon around on the desktop, all of the background turns black. All of this started...
  8. Shortcut Icons Have Turned Black!

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut Icons Have Turned Black!: All my shortcut icons have turned black! Can't seem to do anything about it. Help! 126768
  9. Adobe pdf desktop icons

Adobe pdf desktop icons: I noticed several days ago, that all of my Adobe PDF icons on the desktop now have a read border. Any ideas as to cause, or cure, would be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-pdf-desktop-icons/f0a898b7-1845-47cd-97e0-f722aab4e189
  10. Invisible Icon on desktop turns black

in Windows 10 Support
    Invisible Icon on desktop turns black: I wanted to display a brief text message on the desktop, so (cleverly) created a shortcut, then changed the title to my string and found an invisible icon in Imageres.ico. Worked great until I restarted explorer. The invisible icon became black and would not change until I...