Windows 10: Why, how, who is this other device on my home network???

Discus and support Why, how, who is this other device on my home network??? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] the two are obviously mine, the "tsclient" I have no clue. I recently just set up my two computers so i can move over my file to my pc with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JULIEBOYCE5, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Why, how, who is this other device on my home network???

Why, how, who is this other device on my home network??? bc39d43e-c5c4-4b24-9c1a-bbe582aa83bb?upload=true.png the two are obviously mine, the "tsclient" I have no clue. I recently just set up my two computers so i can move over my file to my pc with more storage. But as soon a I saw this I cut it all off. Anyone know?

:)

JULIEBOYCE5, Jan 12, 2019
  2. Carnivore Win User

What is this network device?

I woke my desktop PC from sleep this morning, clicked on Network and immediately spotted a Phone in the device list that doesn't belong to anyone here (a Blu brand phone which is unusual enough that I would know about it).

I clicked on the device and was able to view the MAC address, but nothing else useful. A couple minutes later it disappeared from the network list.

Then a few minutes later I went and looked at another PC on the same home network and saw the same phone in its Network list. It also disappeared a couple minutes after I clicked open 'Network'.

Scanned both PCs with various anti-malware programs including Malwarebytes - they look clean.

Any suggestions on what I was seeing, and if it's malicious how to deal with it?

UPDATE: It popped back up again. I checked my router's connection list and don't see it there. For now I blocked the MAC address in my router but would still like to know where this is coming from.

Carnivore, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager

I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are now listed under an "Unknown" tab in the Device Manager. A check of properties of each item in that folder says they are all working properly, but that obviously isn't the case. I tried uninstalling each of the 4 items, but when they are recognized again they still show up under the Unknown tab. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Why, how, who is this other device on my home network??? [​IMG]

putermaker, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Mystere Win User

Why, how, who is this other device on my home network???

What is this network device?

This is a weird problem I've been seeing in windows for years now (not just windows 10). I've been unable to figure out what it is, but we're not alone in this, I did some research a while back and a lot of other people were seeing it as well.

Some suggest it's a bug in the network stack. Some suggest it's neighbors who are connecting somehow, but not able to use the network. Regardless, it's not an uncommon problem and doesn't seem to be anything worry about. Here's some examples:

Solved Strange phones in network - Windows 10 Forums
    Strange phones listed on Network heading

Mystere, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Why, how, who is this other device on my home network???

1. Why, how, who is this other device on my home network??? - Similar Threads - Why device home

2. Windows networking - how to network to other home computers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows networking - how to network to other home computers?: None of the userIDs & passwords I try will work. What userid & PW should I use to access my laptop from my desktop? When I do a share of a folder it does not ask me which password I should use to connect remotely - just the name of a user....
  3. Windows networking - how to network to other home computers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows networking - how to network to other home computers?: None of the userIDs & passwords I try will work. What userid & PW should I use to access my laptop from my desktop? When I do a share of a folder it does not ask me which password I should use to connect remotely - just the name of a user....
  4. Unable to see other devices computers/network drive on my home network using Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to see other devices computers/network drive on my home network using Windows Explorer: I have just built a new PC, installed Windows 10 Pro and fully updated it.However I am unable to see other devices on my network in Windows Explorer, only the new PC.I do have Internet access and Network Discovery is turned on for the private network I am using. Also I am...
  5. my laptop and other devices in home are connected to same network but different server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my laptop and other devices in home are connected to same network but different server: but fast.com server connection shows of some other country while when I'm opening fast.com in other laptop or phone the server is of my city I tried resetting my laptop several times but sever still remains of some other place Wi-Fi network is same...
  6. Home WiFi network not visible but other networks are!!!

Home WiFi network not visible but other networks are!!!: Hi all, I'm having problems with my laptop not recognising my home wifi network often. When I turn on the laptop it shows that I'm not connected to any network but it still shows multiple other networks around my area, even though the laptop is only 2 metres away from the...
  7. Home wifi network is not showing but other networks are

Home wifi network is not showing but other networks are: I just moved to a new house and I can’t find the house’s wifi network on my laptop. I can see lots of other wifi networks but not mine. I know the network is fine because I can use it on my phone and other people in the house have no issues. I also was able to connect to a...
  8. My devices cannot see each other under home network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My devices cannot see each other under home network: I use two devices (the laptop and MacBook Air) connected to my Home Wi-Fi. However these computers are not able to see each when connected through Wi-Fi...
  9. Home Network seeing other computer/devices

Home Network seeing other computer/devices: I just installed windows 10 pro it isn't showing any of my other computers or printers 3 in total except for 1 and my Dlinks drive. One printer is connected by a 1 usb port print server the other is connected by way of the net drive (d-links) and other is connect thru...
  10. Other PCs on home network only show as media devices

Other PCs on home network only show as media devices: We used to have shares setup between the 4 computers on our home network. After the last update, the PCs only show up and connect as Media Devices. I can no longer access folders and files between computers. How can I fix this?...