Windows 10: Why I am facing this driver issue?

Discus and support Why I am facing this driver issue? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Battery life gone, CPU fan speeds up on startup, disk usage goes 100% on startup. I have checked with latencyMon and here is the full report and CBS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sukh_deep, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Sukh_deep Win User

Why I am facing this driver issue?

Battery life gone, CPU fan speeds up on startup, disk usage goes 100% on startup. I have checked with latencyMon and here is the full report and CBS log file. Please have a look if someone can help?

NOTE: I have already updated all windows drivers but nothing really helps.

Why I am facing this driver issue? af439441-f6fe-4d62-92ef-ca170ae38f66?upload=true.png _________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CONCLUSION

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. Also one or more ISR routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.

LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 0:13:55 h:mm:ss on all processors.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SYSTEM INFORMATION

Computer name: DESKTOP-SOJ9MR7

OS version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 18363 x64

Hardware: X510UNR, ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

CPU: GenuineIntel IntelR CoreTM i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz

Logical processors: 8

Processor groups: 1

RAM: 16270 MB total

CPU SPEED

Reported CPU speed: 180 MHz

Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

WARNING: the CPU speed that was measured is only a fraction of the CPU speed reported. Your CPUs may be throttled back due to variable speed settings and thermal issues. It is suggested that you run a utility which reports your actual CPU frequency and temperature.

MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES

The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution. This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine, the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event.

Highest measured interrupt to process latency µs: 917.30

Average measured interrupt to process latency µs: 12.158513

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency µs: 651.40

Average measured interrupt to DPC latency µs: 4.070811

REPORTED ISRs

Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time µs: 1045.376111

Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: ACPI.sys - ACPI Driver for NT, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time %: 0.004974

Driver with highest ISR total time: Wdf01000.sys - Kernel Mode Driver Framework Runtime, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs % 0.005076

ISR count execution time <250 µs: 23333

ISR count execution time 250-500 µs: 0

ISR count execution time 500-999 µs: 0

ISR count execution time 1000-1999 µs: 2

ISR count execution time 2000-3999 µs: 0

ISR count execution time >=4000 µs: 0

REPORTED DPCs

DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time µs: 2263.371667

Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: CLASSPNP.SYS - SCSI Class System Dll, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time %: 0.025691

Driver with highest DPC total execution time: Wdf01000.sys - Kernel Mode Driver Framework Runtime, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in DPCs % 0.076267

DPC count execution time <250 µs: 338678

DPC count execution time 250-500 µs: 0

DPC count execution time 500-999 µs: 100

DPC count execution time 1000-1999 µs: 3

DPC count execution time 2000-3999 µs: 1

DPC count execution time >=4000 µs: 0

REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS

Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk. The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires reading in the memory from disk while the process is interrupted and blocked from execution.

NOTE: some processes were hit by hard pagefaults. If these were programs producing audio, they are likely to interrupt the audio stream resulting in dropouts, clicks and pops. Check the Processes tab to see which programs were hit.

Process with highest pagefault count: svchost.exe

Total number of hard pagefaults 5946

Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process: 1288

Number of processes hit: 69

PER CPU DATA

CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time s: 21.337602

CPU 0 ISR highest execution time µs: 1045.376111

CPU 0 ISR total execution time s: 0.338877

CPU 0 ISR count: 23310

CPU 0 DPC highest execution time µs: 1507.304444

CPU 0 DPC total execution time s: 3.577095

CPU 0 DPC count: 248353

CPU 1 Interrupt cycle time s: 6.814343

CPU 1 ISR highest execution time µs: 17.7950

CPU 1 ISR total execution time s: 0.000283

CPU 1 ISR count: 25

CPU 1 DPC highest execution time µs: 421.778333

CPU 1 DPC total execution time s: 0.059823

CPU 1 DPC count: 4434

CPU 2 Interrupt cycle time s: 8.325453

CPU 2 ISR highest execution time µs: 0.0

CPU 2 ISR total execution time s: 0.0

CPU 2 ISR count: 0

CPU 2 DPC highest execution time µs: 439.381667

CPU 2 DPC total execution time s: 0.319613

CPU 2 DPC count: 19647

CPU 3 Interrupt cycle time s: 7.187338

CPU 3 ISR highest execution time µs: 0.0

CPU 3 ISR total execution time s: 0.0

CPU 3 ISR count: 0

CPU 3 DPC highest execution time µs: 176.486667

CPU 3 DPC total execution time s: 0.050557

CPU 3 DPC count: 3118

CPU 4 Interrupt cycle time s: 7.807034

CPU 4 ISR highest execution time µs: 0.0

CPU 4 ISR total execution time s: 0.0

CPU 4 ISR count: 0

CPU 4 DPC highest execution time µs: 518.973889

CPU 4 DPC total execution time s: 0.452899

CPU 4 DPC count: 29522

CPU 5 Interrupt cycle time s: 6.703401

CPU 5 ISR highest execution time µs: 0.0

CPU 5 ISR total execution time s: 0.0

CPU 5 ISR count: 0

CPU 5 DPC highest execution time µs: 2263.371667

CPU 5 DPC total execution time s: 0.146238

CPU 5 DPC count: 7800

CPU 6 Interrupt cycle time s: 8.240024

CPU 6 ISR highest execution time µs: 0.0

CPU 6 ISR total execution time s: 0.0

CPU 6 ISR count: 0

CPU 6 DPC highest execution time µs: 354.110556

CPU 6 DPC total execution time s: 0.452239

CPU 6 DPC count: 23177

CPU 7 Interrupt cycle time s: 6.610870

CPU 7 ISR highest execution time µs: 0.0

CPU 7 ISR total execution time s: 0.0

CPU 7 ISR count: 0

CPU 7 DPC highest execution time µs: 124.601111

CPU 7 DPC total execution time s: 0.037687

CPU 7 DPC count: 2731

:)

Sukh_deep, Jan 7, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 7, 2021
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 7, 2021
  4. Why I am facing this driver issue?

Issues with installing the drivers and apps after performing reset on the device

Hi,

As you are facing issues with installing the drivers on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

We appreciate your effort in resolving the issues with touch screen.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you facing any issues with connecting to the internet?
    • Were you able to see any error message in the device manager?

I suggest you to try updating the network drivers and check if it is reflecting under installed programs in
    Control Panel.

Step 1: I suggest you to
    Run Network Adapter troubleshooter

Network Adapter troubleshooter find and fix the problems with wireless and other Network Adapter.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click onView all.
    • Click on Network Adapter Troubleshooter.
    • Select Advance and click on
      Run as Administrator.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: I suggest you to update the network adapter driver from device manager.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + x key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Network adapters. Right-click on the device and click
      Update Driver Software.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa regarding
    How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of installing the driver on your device for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

Why I am facing this driver issue?

1. Why I am facing this driver issue? - Similar Threads - Why facing driver

2. I am facing I am facing an issue of Windows crash that my address is invalid and it is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am facing I am facing an issue of Windows crash that my address is invalid and it is not...: My Windows is crash and unable to do any thing I am facing blue screen issue and in the CMD my discuss invalid and there is no volumeKindly help me with this......
  3. I am facing I am facing an issue of Windows crash that my address is invalid and it is not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am facing I am facing an issue of Windows crash that my address is invalid and it is not...: My Windows is crash and unable to do any thing I am facing blue screen issue and in the CMD my discuss invalid and there is no volumeKindly help me with this......
  4. Why am I facing a resetting issue on Windows 8?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I facing a resetting issue on Windows 8?: Hello There,I am Aisha from Neptune Alloys.I work with Neptune Alloys and I am facing a resetting issue on Windows 8.Someone help me solve the issue....
  5. Why am I facing a resetting issue on Windows 8?

Why am I facing a resetting issue on Windows 8?: Hello There,I am Aisha from Neptune Alloys.I work with Neptune Alloys and I am facing a resetting issue on Windows 8.Someone help me solve the issue....
  6. I am facing an issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am facing an issue: Whenever i start my laptop after signing into it some random spam site always opens automatically in any browser set as the default browser. I have been trying to resolve this issue but every attempt of mine was unsuccesfull. HELP!!!!...
  7. I am facing an issue

I am facing an issue: Whenever i start my laptop after signing into it some random spam site always opens automatically in any browser set as the default browser. I have been trying to resolve this issue but every attempt of mine was unsuccesfull. HELP!!!!...
  8. I am facing an issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. I am facing hardware failure issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am facing hardware failure issue: hi sir, I am using an hp pavilion gaming laptop in which whenever i start playing any video or audio my laptop is automatically gets restarted and shows me an stop code and the stop code: NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE how can i fix it can you please help me with this issue...
  10. I am facing a plethora of issues.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am facing a plethora of issues.: So a few days ago I was using my computer normally, when it started acting up. The wifi was failing to connect and it was pretty slow, so i tried restarting it. When the computer came back on however, a thing popped up on screen saying "No Bootable Device" with a picture of a...