Windows 10: why i am getting password reset code text from mobile no .but not from microsoft

Discus and support why i am getting password reset code text from mobile no .but not from microsoft in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i tried resetting my passwords because my passwords didnt work but i am concerned y i'm getting pasword reset code from the random national mobile... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WajahatAli6, Mar 1, 2020.

1. why i am getting password reset code text from mobile no .but not from microsoft

i tried resetting my passwords because my passwords didnt work but i am concerned y i'm getting pasword reset code from the random national mobile numbers other than Microsoft label texts.

:)

WajahatAli6, Mar 1, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Microsoft Account Password Reset

Thanks for the reply, but it does not help me. The website does not proceed past step 4. After entering the security code, the website does not proceed to step 5. It does not give an error message, it simply greys out the next and cancel buttons and hangs
    indefinitely.

Reset your password

If you can't remember your password, follow these steps to get into your account.

• Go to the Reset your password page.
    • Choose the reason you need your password reset, then click Next.
    • Enter the email address you used when you made your Microsoft account. This could be any email address, or an email ending in a Microsoft domain like hotmail.com or outlook.com.
    • Enter the characters you see on the screen (this lets us know you’re not a robot), then click Next.
    • If you've added security info to your account, we'll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you gave us. After you enter that code on the next screen, you'll be able to make a new password.
    I'll try your "Get account help by email" suggestion and post the solution here when I've found one.

Donovan de Swardt, Mar 1, 2020
  4. why i am getting password reset code text from mobile no .but not from microsoft

Not Getting Code for Password Reset

Hi,

I got a notification message on my Hotmail client that I needed to fix my account.

I tried to log in to my microsoft account, and the password was rejected.

I know that I typed it in correctly.

So, I then tried to perform a password reset. I requested a reset code using the email address that I have associated with the account.

It's been a few hours now, and I've yet to get a code.

It's because of shyyt like this that I've been switching everything over to gmail.

Does anyone know what I need to do about getting back into my account?

Thanks.

wally96333, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

why i am getting password reset code text from mobile no .but not from microsoft

1. why i am getting password reset code text from mobile no .but not from microsoft - Similar Threads - why getting password

2. did not get code from mobile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    did not get code from mobile: did not get code in my mobile number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/did-not-get-code-from-mobile/a8c727c7-67e1-4005-9677-61624d3ffdd2
  3. did not get code from mobile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    did not get code from mobile: did not get code in my mobile number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/did-not-get-code-from-mobile/a8c727c7-67e1-4005-9677-61624d3ffdd2
  4. did not get code from mobile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I am not getting emails from MS with code so I can reset password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not getting emails from MS with code so I can reset password: I have 4 computers, and the MS account sign-in password and pin are the same for all. But all of a sudden I am not able to sign in on one of them; I get an error message saying it is invalid. So I am trying to change or reset or whatever password or pin and I am supposed to...
  6. I am not getting emails from MS with code so I can reset password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am not getting emails from MS with code so I can reset password: I have 4 computers, and the MS account sign-in password and pin are the same for all. But all of a sudden I am not able to sign in on one of them; I get an error message saying it is invalid. So I am trying to change or reset or whatever password or pin and I am supposed to...
  7. I am not getting emails from MS with code so I can reset password

8. Not receiving text from Microsoft with code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not receiving text from Microsoft with code: I am trying to verify account activity on my outlook email. I am asked to identify via a code that will be texted to my cell. I never receive the code from Microsoft. Is this feature not working ?...
  9. Not receiving text from Microsoft with code

Not receiving text from Microsoft with code: I am trying to verify account activity on my outlook email. I am asked to identify via a code that will be texted to my cell. I never receive the code from Microsoft. Is this feature not working ?...
  10. I am not getting a code to my mobile number

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am not getting a code to my mobile number: Hello,I had to face a problem with my account. Yesterday evening after a windows update, My laptop was asking for the BitLocker recovery codes and I was not able to access my device Which is a windows 11 laptop. I didn't know that updates cause such errors. After some...