Why I can not open C:\Program Files\WindowsApps ?

Discus and support Why I can not open C:\Program Files\WindowsApps ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Can someone please explain me how to open C:\Program Files\WindowsApps to see it contents? *Huh How do I fix "This access control entry is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by camelia, Jun 29, 2018.

1. camelia Win User

Hello,

Can someone please explain me how to open C:\Program Files\WindowsApps to see it contents? *Huh

How do I fix "This access control entry is corrupt" ?

Thanks

Why I can not open C:\Program Files\WindowsApps ? [​IMG]

:)

camelia, Jun 29, 2018
  2. Eagle51 Win User

Getting full access to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

Hey x509,
    IIRC ... it's not actually a corrupt entry, but a special permission/condition (Exists:WIN://SYSAPPID) for Users(Pc-Name\Users) and shouldn't be removed. If you must change permissions on the WindowsApps folder and/or sub folders/files .... I suggest you get familiar with ICACLS first and save the current WindowsApps Folder / Sub Folders / File permissions to a acl.txt file, so you can restore them in case you break something (which is very likely when messing with permissions)

ICACLS - iCacls - Modify Access Control List - Windows CMD - SS64.com

Eagle51, Jun 29, 2018
  3. Pushyanth K S Win User
    C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Messaging_1.11.3005.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Hello,

Thank you fro posting your query in Microsoft community.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I would require more information to help you better.

When do you get this "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Messaging_1.11.3005.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe" message?

Reply with necessary information to help you further.

Pushyanth K S, Jun 29, 2018
  4. Bruce Price Win User

what is this and why does nothing come up when i search my system for it.

also why cant i close the microsoft skype in my task manger that corresponds to this.

i never installed skype.

and why do i have 0 control over it.

Bruce Price, Jun 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Why I can not open C:\Program Files\WindowsApps ? - Similar Threads - Why open Program

2. why does windows 10 FORCEFULLY CLOSES open applications when performing windows updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why does windows 10 FORCEFULLY CLOSES open applications when performing windows updates: Background: Windows notified me of an upcoming update and that it would be installed 'off-hours'.. I left my computer that evening with lid closed (in sleep mode) and the following apps were left open - 1. outlook 365 (no newly composed emails; just several messages...
  3. My computer re-opens when i close it why?

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer re-opens when i close it why?: For the past few weeks almost everytime i close my computer it magically opens again for no reason and this only happens when i close it from my pc and not the power button and when i have a program running but everytime i close it,it takes 1-2 minutes closes my monitor...
  4. Why does UAC kick in when opening some Desktop Shortcuts?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does UAC kick in when opening some Desktop Shortcuts?: Hi all - I'm running W10 Pro, build 1803 and having some odd issues with Desktop (URL) Shortcuts. When I open many, but not all of them I see this: [img] Why? Here is how the UAC is set: [img] Funny thing is that I also have a Lenovo running W10 Pro and do not have...
  5. Why Edge doesn´t open any Google www-sites?

in Browsers and Email
    Why Edge doesn´t open any Google www-sites?: Why Edge doesn´t open any Google www-sites? I am able to open the same Google-sites with any other browsers. 75982
  6. URL link opens in IE although Firefox is my default - why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    URL link opens in IE although Firefox is my default - why?: Haven't used my Win 10 Pro 64-bit much yet. But just noticed a problem. I have installed a program called HippoEdit, which is an advanced text editor for creating and editing code. (I'm not a coder -- I'm just starting to learn VBA for Word, and this program HippoEdit was...
  7. why can't open some programs when I installed windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why can't open some programs when I installed windows 10?: I have buy a new computer last week,I have installed windows 10,but I found many programs couldn't open.why? 61312
  8. Why Would/How Could Ports Refuse to Open?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why Would/How Could Ports Refuse to Open?: Not sure where this belongs but it certainly could be a networking question. I port forward on the router so's web traffic can access my IIS installation on one machine on my LAN. But the ports never open on this machine. No traffic gets in. No port checker reports the...
  9. Why is Windows Immersive Control Panel (SystemSettings.exe) open?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why is Windows Immersive Control Panel (SystemSettings.exe) open?: Why is Windows Immersive Control Panel (SystemSettings.exe) open when I'm not using it and haven't opened it? Do other programs open under the name of the Settings UI? Appreciated. 100466
  10. Why am I getting two of the same folders when I open File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why am I getting two of the same folders when I open File Explorer?: Why am I getting two of the same folders when I open File Explorer? I have an attachment of print screen on what it looks like. I hope I sent the attachment correctly. 65244