Windows 10: Why I can not open C:\Program Files\WindowsApps ?

Discus and support Why I can not open C:\Program Files\WindowsApps ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Can someone please explain me how to open C:\Program Files\WindowsApps to see it contents? *Huh How do I fix "This access control entry is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by camelia, Jun 29, 2018.

1. camelia Win User

Why I can not open C:\Program Files\WindowsApps ?

Hello,

Can someone please explain me how to open C:\Program Files\WindowsApps to see it contents? *Huh

How do I fix "This access control entry is corrupt" ?

Thanks

Why I can not open C:\Program Files\WindowsApps ? [​IMG]

:)

camelia, Jun 29, 2018
  2. Eagle51 Win User

Getting full access to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

Hey x509,
    IIRC ... it's not actually a corrupt entry, but a special permission/condition (Exists:WIN://SYSAPPID) for Users(Pc-Name\Users) and shouldn't be removed. If you must change permissions on the WindowsApps folder and/or sub folders/files .... I suggest you get familiar with ICACLS first and save the current WindowsApps Folder / Sub Folders / File permissions to a acl.txt file, so you can restore them in case you break something (which is very likely when messing with permissions)

ICACLS - iCacls - Modify Access Control List - Windows CMD - SS64.com

Eagle51, Jun 29, 2018
  3. C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Messaging_1.11.3005.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Hello,

Thank you fro posting your query in Microsoft community.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I would require more information to help you better.

When do you get this "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Messaging_1.11.3005.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe" message?

Reply with necessary information to help you further.

Pushyanth K S, Jun 29, 2018
  4. Why I can not open C:\Program Files\WindowsApps ?

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Messaging_1.11.3005.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe

what is this and why does nothing come up when i search my system for it.

also why cant i close the microsoft skype in my task manger that corresponds to this.

i never installed skype.

and why do i have 0 control over it.

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Messaging_1.11.3005.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Bruce Price, Jun 29, 2018
Thema:

Why I can not open C:\Program Files\WindowsApps ?

1. Why I can not open C:\Program Files\WindowsApps ? - Similar Threads - Why open Program

2. After updating a program, why does Windows detect a program file but I cannot open it or...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After updating a program, why does Windows detect a program file but I cannot open it or...: Hi, This has happened to me recently on two occasions after updating software, and I haven't managed to solve it. I would update a program, then not be able to use the program afterwards. Occasion 1 - Flowjo I performed an update. The program was installed, click on the...
  3. I try to open a program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I try to open a program: this flags up 'the data area passed to a system call is too small' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-try-to-open-a-program/f3aaf52a-75c0-4082-8353-6f182fc673d1
  4. C:\Windows.old -- Why?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C:\Windows.old -- Why?: On ‏‎2018-11-06 14:04:52, a new folder: 'C:\Windows.old', appeared. I performed a search for "14:04:52" and got a hit in 'C:\Windows\Logs\MoSetup\BlueBox.log'. Here's the pertinent entries: 2018-11-06 14:04:52: BoxDeletePath: Error deleting path [C:\$Windows.~WS]! Error =...
  5. why i can not open my settings on my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    why i can not open my settings on my computer: I clik on my settings and it comes up for a few mins then it goes out I can not get in to my settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/why-i-can-not-open-my-settings-on-my-computer/231e6c32-463e-4aec-9c9a-f6196f907ca8
  6. How can I get programs to open in the middle of the screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I get programs to open in the middle of the screen?: Every time I open a program or game, the window always opens in the top left hand corner. Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, it's been doing this. Is there a setting to change it to open in the center of the screen?...
  7. Can not open my quicken backup, WHY?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not open my quicken backup, WHY?: I can not open my quicken backup. It just shows some messed up letters, WHY? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/can-not-open-my-quicken-backup-why/6c2ed08a-d539-43b8-89ac-c1de9d052490
  8. why can't open some programs when I installed windows 10?

why can't open some programs when I installed windows 10?: I have buy a new computer last week,I have installed windows 10,but I found many programs couldn't open.why? 61312
  9. How can I see recently opened programs in Windows 10?

How can I see recently opened programs in Windows 10?: The option "Show recently opened items in Jump list" is already on. I've run a program for example with a name "application.exe" but Windows 10 showed it in the list under name "program.exe - Copy.txt". So I couldn't guess that it is. My program is not using the...
  10. C: Program

C: Program: Before I start, I'm just a kid. Hi, I'm and needs help from anyone who knows how to help. Screenshot: [img] This started when I deleted a Ad popup on the control panel. I need help on how to fix this, I tried using AVG and CCleaner but nothing happened. 32708

Users found this page by searching for:

1. open c program files

2. c programm files windows app

3. win sysappid

4. cant open apps from C:\Program Files\WindowsApps exe,
  5. exists win://sysappid show to fix permissions of windowsapps folder,
  6. how to open ‪c:\program files\windowsapps