Windows 10: why i can not open my settings on my computer

Discus and support why i can not open my settings on my computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I clik on my settings and it comes up for a few mins then it goes out I can not get in to my settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GeneDiGregorio, Sep 20, 2018.

1. why i can not open my settings on my computer

I clik on my settings and it comes up for a few mins then it goes out I can not get in to my settings

:)

GeneDiGregorio, Sep 20, 2018

2. settings wont open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the below question to understand the situation better,

• Are you facing this issue on a local account or the Microsoft Account?
    Please follow the below steps and check if it works,

• Press “Windows key + I” to open the Settings screen.
    I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer and then sign in to the Administrator account to check if this helps

Reply us if you have further queries. We will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Sep 20, 2018
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Sep 20, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

why i can not open my settings on my computer

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

why i can not open my settings on my computer

1. why i can not open my settings on my computer - Similar Threads - why open settings

2. Why my settings app is not opening?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my settings app is not opening?: I have tried every possible solution. But my settings app is not opening. And for Display Settings I am getting error of " This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.Please install an app or,if one is already installed, create an association...
  3. Why my settings app is not opening?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my settings app is not opening?: I have tried every possible solution. But my settings app is not opening. And for Display Settings I am getting error of " This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.Please install an app or,if one is already installed, create an association...
  4. why can't I open setting on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why can't I open setting on my laptop: please advise me how to solve my problem as I cannot open my setting on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-open-setting-on-my-laptop/38d1538f-0561-47d4-878b-7b84d1948f6f
  5. why can't I open setting on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why can't I open setting on my laptop: please advise me how to solve my problem as I cannot open my setting on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-open-setting-on-my-laptop/38d1538f-0561-47d4-878b-7b84d1948f6f
  6. why can't I open setting on my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. My computer is not opening Settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer is not opening Settings.: Can someone help me? I tried from the start menu, search, everything! submitted by /u/bricks2920 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j0r77o/my_computer_is_not_opening_settings/
  8. why i can't open my settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    why i can't open my settings: I have been trying to open my setting but it don't open i click it sevaral time but no response from everywhere i tryed but it don't open please help with this problem...
  9. why I can not open my pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why I can not open my pictures: all the time I try to open my picrues, It say is corrupt, why ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-can-not-open-my-pictures/5d8a91ce-8711-4515-b3d4-f762b885ca08
  10. Why can I not open any of my svg files on my computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can I not open any of my svg files on my computer?: I recently upgraded to a new computer and Windows 10. I quickly realized I am not able to open any of mysvg and some of my png files on my computer. That is a problem for so many reasons. Not being able to access my files is costing me money. I do not understand why when...