Windows 10: Why I cannot change "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar and...

Discus and support Why I cannot change "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar and... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I just want to turn off "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar and in File Explorer Quick Access", but the switch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GaoxiangLiu, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Why I cannot change "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar and...

Why I cannot change "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar and... 588a8312-1031-405a-b20f-3774aa34f051?upload=true.png

I just want to turn off "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar and in File Explorer Quick Access", but the switch has been disabled. I don't think I have changed some options in Group Policy. How can I activate this switch and turn it off?

:)

GaoxiangLiu, Aug 10, 2019
  2. Hawky Win User

Enable Recent Items Jump Lists in Start but not on the taskbar?

Alright, so in Windows 10 there is the option in Settings under Personalization > Start called "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar". Enabling this turns on Recent Items on programs in the Start menu and on the right-click menu on programs on the task bar. I like having Jump Lists enabled on my Start menu, but I hate having them on the taskbar! When I right-click a program like Chrome or Premiere on the taskbar the Recents list is huge! It towers almost to the top of my 1080p screen and I hate it because I never click any of them!

So I was wondering if there is a registry/group policy edit anywhere that enables Recent Jump Lists on Start but not on the taskbar? I think it's stupid these options aren't separate in the first place!

Hawky, Aug 10, 2019
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Microsoft Office Taskbar Jump Lists

Hi Ken,

For us to better assist you with the taskbar Jump Lists issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to the computer prior to this issue (e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Does the issue also occur on other pinned apps/files?

In the meantime, we suggest to turn off/on Jump Lists in Settings. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings, then select
      Personalization.
    • In the left pane, click Start.
    • Turn Off then turn On Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on the Start or the taskbar.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Why I cannot change "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar and...

"Recent Items" list vs Opening a folder for Recent Items

Hello Hamid, and welcome to Ten Forums. Why I cannot change "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar and... :)

It should show them under "Recent" or "Frequent" in jump lists.

I'm not aware of a way to change how many items display in jump lists in Windows 10 yet.

Brink, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Why I cannot change "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar and...

1. Why I cannot change "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar and... - Similar Threads - Why cannot change

2. Pin Files to Jump List on Taskbar Items by Dragging?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin Files to Jump List on Taskbar Items by Dragging?: I just got a new Windows 11 laptop. With Windows 10, I was able to drag folders onto icons on taskbar for programs that could open them--for instance, I could drag PDF files onto the icon for Acrobat PDF DC Reader, and make a jump list. So far with Windows 10, I have only...
  3. Pin Files to Jump List on Taskbar Items by Dragging?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin Files to Jump List on Taskbar Items by Dragging?: I just got a new Windows 11 laptop. With Windows 10, I was able to drag folders onto icons on taskbar for programs that could open them--for instance, I could drag PDF files onto the icon for Acrobat PDF DC Reader, and make a jump list. So far with Windows 10, I have only...
  4. Change "Open with" list items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change "Open with" list items: Hi! I have difficulties changing open with menu items. My current open with menu looks like that: My Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.zip\OpenWith List looks like that: Why doesnt windows respect My...
  5. Is it possible to show recent items as a list in start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to show recent items as a list in start menu?: The same way recently added items are shown (or any other way that isnt just a shortcut)? I have the same question for the left pane in file explorer. Is it possible to show a list like quick acess with only recent items? I know quick access can show them too. Im just...
  6. Jump lists do not show on taskbar but do on Start button

in Windows 10 Support
    Jump lists do not show on taskbar but do on Start button: I want jump lists on both taskbar and Start button, they are only showing on Start button. I have checked the registry key that controls this attribute and the value is "1" so both should show. The "Show recently opened items... " switch in Settings is set to ON. Something is...
  7. Recently opened items not appearing in jump lists

in Windows 10 Support
    Recently opened items not appearing in jump lists: The recently-opened items are not appearing in start menu jump lists despite the correct setting (see sceenshot). Any advice? Thanks. [img] 42013
  8. Jump List Items not Opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Jump List Items not Opening: Is anyone having the issue where you open your jump list in File Explorer and then click on something like your Videos or Downloads Folder to have the jump list close like normal, but then nothing open? I also noticed that when I right click on the start button, I can't get...
  9. Enable Recent Items Jump Lists in Start but not on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Enable Recent Items Jump Lists in Start but not on the taskbar?: Alright, so in Windows 10 there is the option in Settings under Personalization > Start called "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar". Enabling this turns on Recent Items on programs in the Start menu and on the right-click menu on programs on the...
  10. Recent items not showing in quick access or start list

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent items not showing in quick access or start list: Hi there, I've only just upgraded to windows 10, so still getting to grips. I have the recent items option enabled in both the quick access panel and jump lists, but they're appearing in neither. Does anyone have any suggestions? Many thanks 31689

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome jump list not working

2. show recently openened items in jump lists on start or the taskbar chrome not working