Windows 10: Why I cannot create a recovery drive on windows 10 ?

Discus and support Why I cannot create a recovery drive on windows 10 ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi to everyone, I will try to shortly describe my problem and I would appreciate answers that could help me with the issue that I am facing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Theodoros_20, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Why I cannot create a recovery drive on windows 10 ?

Hi to everyone,

I will try to shortly describe my problem and I would appreciate answers that could help me with the issue that I am facing.

Problem Description

I recently bοught 2 weeks old a brand new Dell laptop G5 5590 , i7-9759H,16 gb with windows 10 Home 64 bit.

When I tried to create a windows recovery drive I selected the box: Back up system files to the recovery drive the following message was appeared:

"We can't create the recovery drive"

"A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive"

Solutions that I tried without result

• The first time I used a brand new usb flash disk Sandisk with 32 GB capacity ==>Recovery drive failed
    • Then I used another brand new usb flash disk Kingston with 16 GB capacity ==> Recovery drive failed
    • I also tried to make format at the first flash disk and then I tried again ==> Recovery drive failed
    • I checked system files corruption sfc /scannow with no error and then I tried again ==> Recovery drive failed
    • I also tried the two-step trick . I mean that I unticked the box: "Back up system files to the recovery drive" and then ==> Recovery drive was successful . Then without clicking Finish , I used Alt + B to get back to the first page to the original screen and then repeat the process with the Back up system files to the recovery drive box checked ==> Recovery drive failed

I want also to mention that my system has McAfee antivirus it is pre-installed and free for the first 30 days.

Can any one propose me other solution in order to solve my problem ?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best Regards,

Theodoros

:)

Theodoros_20, Mar 26, 2020

2. Create a Recovery Drive

Hi Élise,

To aid you with you query, we suggest that you check this
    link
    and follow the steps to create a recovery drive on Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Justin Emb, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Help! Failure trying to create a recovery drive in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you while creating the recovery drive on Widows 10 with error: "We can't create the recovery drive. A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive.", we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred because of the recovery partition is not created during Windows setup, and will be unavailable for Windows to access and use for the purposes of copying recovery files to a CD or USB, resulting in the error above.

To fix the problem explained above, it is necessary to copy the appropriate files from the Windows 10 DVD to your PC, so that Windows can access and use them to create the recovery drive. Then, the recovery agent is configured with the new path to the setup
    files and the creation can proceed.

Refer: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Follow the below steps:

• Copy the contents of the Windows DVD to a folder on your C:\ drive.
    • Launch an elevated command prompt window by typing in “cmd” in the search menu, and then pressing + + .
    • Type in the following to re-configure Windows to point to the correct setup files location:
    • reagentc /disable
    • reagentc /setosimage /path C:\Win10\
    • reagentc /enable
    4. Verify the commands worked by typing in the following:

• reagentc /info

Later, I suggest you to try creating the recovery drive as suggested in the Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Creating a recovery drive

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Why I cannot create a recovery drive on windows 10 ?

Akheel Ahmed, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Why I cannot create a recovery drive on windows 10 ?

1. Why I cannot create a recovery drive on windows 10 ? - Similar Threads - Why cannot create

2. Windows 10 USB Backup Recovery drive can not be created why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 USB Backup Recovery drive can not be created why?: Hi,I wanted to create Recovery USB drive by following:Control panel/Recovery/Advanced recovery tools-Create a recovery drive, I click a window appears Create a recovery drive- check marked on Back up system files to the recovery drive then Next FROM here problem start,...
  3. Windows 10 USB Backup Recovery drive can not be created why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 USB Backup Recovery drive can not be created why?: Hi,I wanted to create Recovery USB drive by following:Control panel/Recovery/Advanced recovery tools-Create a recovery drive, I click a window appears Create a recovery drive- check marked on Back up system files to the recovery drive then Next FROM here problem start,...
  4. Windows 10 USB Backup Recovery drive can not be created why?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Create a recovery drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Create a recovery drive: Warning: Use an empty USB drive because this process will erase any data that's already stored on the drive. can i add OTHER files to the USB after i complete the process or not ? ( W10) 177798
  6. Cannot Create Recovery Drive

Cannot Create Recovery Drive: Hello! I am trying to factory reset my PC because I'm having loads of issues, including unable to update to the latest version of Windows. This has gone on for some time. I have done some research and everything seems to fail, such as: Cannot create recovery drive -- Some...
  7. Cannot create recovery drive

Cannot create recovery drive: I have been having problems with my PC for quite some time now and have decided to completely reinstall Windows 10. Whenever I try to create a recovery drive, I get a message saying "We can't create a recovery drive on this PC. Some required files are missing." I do not have...
  8. Cannot create recovery drive in Windows 10 (TRY THIS!)

Cannot create recovery drive in Windows 10 (TRY THIS!): This issue was raised quite a while back by majestic100. It received hundreds of replies but apparently no solution was found. Currently, I am running the latest Windows 10 Pro release 1803 (OS Build 17134.228) and ran into this same problem. However, I was able to find a...
  9. Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10: How to: Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10 How to Create a Bootable USB Recovery Drive in Windows 10 [img] Information If you run into problems with your PC, a USB recovery drive can help you troubleshoot and fix those problems, even if Windows won't start. A...
  10. I cannot create the recovery drive.

in Windows 10 Support
    I cannot create the recovery drive.: Having recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 I have tried to create a recovery drive to go on a USB flash drive. All I get, however, is the message " We can't create the recovery drive. A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive". I have tried a few times...