Windows 10: Why I cannot rate music files in Windows 11?

Discus and support Why I cannot rate music files in Windows 11? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; For part of my music selection I use to rate star 1-5 the music files. In the File Explorer version of Windows 10 you could easily add a rating,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by EC_2020, Nov 14, 2021.

1. EC_2020 Win User

Why I cannot rate music files in Windows 11?

For part of my music selection I use to rate star 1-5 the music files. In the File Explorer version of Windows 10 you could easily add a rating, changing the Properties below Extra of the music file. But in Windows 11 the File Explorer shows my Windows 10 ratings, but I'm not able to change or add ratings... Does anybody know how to do this in Windows 11?Thanks!*Title modified from Rating music in Windows 11 File Explorer

:)

EC_2020, Nov 14, 2021
  2. Karla Alm Win User

Adobe Flash message in IE 11

Hi Sandra,

To help you out with your concern, we suggest that you disable the add-ons in Internet Explorer 11. For step by step instructions, go to this

link
    , then look for the title Turning off and removing add-ons.

We also suggest that you reset Internet Explorer 11 through these steps:

• Go to Internet Explorer then click the Gear icon.
    • Choose Internet options > Advanced.
    • Click Reset.

(Note: If you have added Favorites, back up them first before resetting the browser. )

Should you need further assistance, let us know.

Regards.

Karla Alm, Nov 14, 2021
  3. Windows music media files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Are you trying to play the music's directly from the CD?
    • Are you using Windows Media Player to paly the music?
    • Did you try a different player?
    • Did you try copying the songs to a particular folder and checked if the issue persists?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Windows Media Player Settings.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 14, 2021
  4. Why I cannot rate music files in Windows 11?

Music

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

I would suggest you to place the music files in the Music folder under My Documents in the same drive where the Operating System is installed for the Music App to start syncing.

However if the issue still persist, I would suggest you follow the below steps to restore the default Libraries in Windows and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Step 1 : Show the Libraries

• Go to This PC ( Computer )
    • Click on View
    • Click on Navigation Pane
    • Check “show all folders”
    • Check “Show Libraries”
    • Do not uncheck anything that is already checked
    Step 2 : Restore Default Libraries

• Now,
    • Locate your libraries in the left hand pane
    • Right Click
    • Click on Restore Default Libraries

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be glad to help you.

Thank You

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 14, 2021
Thema:

Why I cannot rate music files in Windows 11?

1. Why I cannot rate music files in Windows 11? - Similar Threads - Why cannot rate

2. "Ratings" on Music Files Can No Longer Be Edited on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Ratings" on Music Files Can No Longer Be Edited on Windows 11: Ever since I updated my operating system to Windows 11, I was unable to change the ratings of music files mp3, etc..Is this a common issue?...
  3. "Ratings" on Music Files Can No Longer Be Edited on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Ratings" on Music Files Can No Longer Be Edited on Windows 11: Ever since I updated my operating system to Windows 11, I was unable to change the ratings of music files mp3, etc..Is this a common issue?...
  4. can't change music files ratings such as mp3 in file properties in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't change music files ratings such as mp3 in file properties in windows 11: In win 10 I used to right click on any mp3 file and select details tab in properties, then click on the stars next to rating to change it.In win 11, there are no stars, instead it is in written format. So if a file was rated with 3 stars, it'd be written "3 Stars" next to...
  5. can't change music files ratings such as mp3 in file properties in windows 11

can't change music files ratings such as mp3 in file properties in windows 11: In win 10 I used to right click on any mp3 file and select details tab in properties, then click on the stars next to rating to change it.In win 11, there are no stars, instead it is in written format. So if a file was rated with 3 stars, it'd be written "3 Stars" next to...
  6. Why can't I change ratings of MP3 files in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I change ratings of MP3 files in Windows 11?: Windows 10 was already quite "annoying" in the sense that ratings assigned to songs in Windows Media Player were only temporary. In order to make those ratings permanent, one had to go to the corresponding MP3 file and change manually the rating in the Properties / Details of...
  7. Why can't I change ratings of MP3 files in Windows 11?

Why can't I change ratings of MP3 files in Windows 11?: Windows 10 was already quite "annoying" in the sense that ratings assigned to songs in Windows Media Player were only temporary. In order to make those ratings permanent, one had to go to the corresponding MP3 file and change manually the rating in the Properties / Details of...
  8. Why I cannot rate music files in Windows 11?

Why I cannot rate music files in Windows 11?: For part of my music selection I use to rate star 1-5 the music files. In the File Explorer version of Windows 10 you could easily add a rating, changing the Properties below Extra of the music file. But in Windows 11 the File Explorer shows my Windows 10 ratings, but I'm not...
  9. Rating music in Windows 11 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rating music in Windows 11 File Explorer: For part of my music selection I use to rate star 1-5 the music files. In the File Explorer version of Windows 10 you could easily add a rating, changing the Properties below Extra of the music file. But in Windows 11 the File Explorer shows my Windows 10 ratings, but I'm not...
  10. Rating music in Windows 11 File Explorer

Rating music in Windows 11 File Explorer: For part of my music selection I use to rate star 1-5 the music files. In the File Explorer version of Windows 10 you could easily add a rating, changing the Properties below Extra of the music file. But in Windows 11 the File Explorer shows my Windows 10 ratings, but I'm not...