Windows 10: Why I can't remove bottom icon from left vertical corner of desktop

Discus and support Why I can't remove bottom icon from left vertical corner of desktop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can't remove bottom icon in this vertical corner In red boxWhen I remove it and restart my pc or again start my pc after shutdown It changes my icons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ishan Kushwaha, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Why I can't remove bottom icon from left vertical corner of desktop

I can't remove bottom icon in this vertical corner In red boxWhen I remove it and restart my pc or again start my pc after shutdown It changes my icons that in blue to right Help me!!!!!!Before Shut downAfter Restart

:)

Ishan Kushwaha, Dec 2, 2021

2. Erroneous symbols at the bottom left corner of desktop icons

I'm running Windows 10 with the latest updates. A few days ago, the icons for objects on the desktop changed appearance. The icons are correct but
    all have a symbol at the bottom left corner:

• Shortcuts show the correct shortcut symbol
    • All files erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Almost all folders erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Some folders erroneously show "X"

The icons for files and folders (including the Desktop folder) displayed using File Explorer are all normal.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

KenSympson, Dec 2, 2021
  3. Mussels Win User
    Removing desktop icons

the icons are located in 'all users' folder somewhere (for example, i see a few shared icons in "C:\Users\Public\Desktop" )

The only way to fix those, is to remove the icons from there, and place them on to each users desktops manually. an admin may need to do this.

Mussels, Dec 2, 2021
  4. Why I can't remove bottom icon from left vertical corner of desktop

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Dec 2, 2021
Thema:

Why I can't remove bottom icon from left vertical corner of desktop

1. Why I can't remove bottom icon from left vertical corner of desktop - Similar Threads - Why can't remove

2. How to remove bottom left corner screen notifications?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove bottom left corner screen notifications?: Hello, I keep getting these black notifications on the bottom left of my screen, its always a "wait for some website" and sometimes its "establishing safe connection", I thought it was from google chrome so I deleted that and used microsoft edge but it still happenedalso the...
  3. Removing The Bottom-Left Weather Icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing The Bottom-Left Weather Icon: Hello,For personal reasons, I'd rather not have the bottom-left corner of the screen display the current weather. I was able to hide this before the most recent update, but now I can't. I've tried removing the Weather widget - no dice. Is there any way to hide this?...
  4. Removing The Bottom-Left Weather Icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing The Bottom-Left Weather Icon: Hello,For personal reasons, I'd rather not have the bottom-left corner of the screen display the current weather. I was able to hide this before the most recent update, but now I can't. I've tried removing the Weather widget - no dice. Is there any way to hide this?...
  5. I can't click on my bottom left corner?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't click on my bottom left corner?: Hey guys! I've been looking around for a solution to this for ages but I just can't click the bottom left corner on my HP All In One Desktop. It's really strange and has been happening for a week. I think it's like a app that can't load up or maybe something is just corrupt....
  6. I can't click on my bottom left corner?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't click on my bottom left corner?: Hey guys! I've been looking around for a solution to this for ages but I just can't click the bottom left corner on my HP All In One Desktop. It's really strange and has been happening for a week. I think it's like a app that can't load up or maybe something is just corrupt....
  7. Why I can't remove bottom icon from left vertical corner of desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I can't remove bottom icon from left vertical corner of desktop: I can't remove bottom icon in this vertical corner In red boxWhen I remove it and restart my pc or again start my pc after shutdown It changes my icons that in blue to right Help me!!!!!!Before Shut downAfter Restart...
  8. Why I can't remove bottom icon from left vertical corner of desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why I can't remove bottom icon from left vertical corner of desktop: I can't remove bottom icon in this vertical corner In red boxWhen I remove it and restart my pc or again start my pc after shutdown It changes my icons that in blue to right Help me!!!!!!Before Shut downAfter Restart...
  9. taskbar icons disappeared on bottom left corner

in Windows 10 Support
    taskbar icons disappeared on bottom left corner: Need help with taskbar icons disappeared on bottom left corner 164753
  10. Blue arrows on the bottom left corner of file icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blue arrows on the bottom left corner of file icon: I'm wondering what the blue arrows mean on my file icon. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-arrows-on-the-bottom-left-corner-of-file-icon/33a9c073-e1b9-448f-ab34-5fdc825e6c54