Windows 10: Why i cant see the options to turn off display or sleep after a while?

Discus and support Why i cant see the options to turn off display or sleep after a while? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello! As the title say i cant see those options.I dont see them in my control panel>power options.i dont see them when i go to change power plan... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ionut Gabriel, Apr 3, 2023.

1. Why i cant see the options to turn off display or sleep after a while?

Hello! As the title say i cant see those options.I dont see them in my control panel>power options.i dont see them when i go to change power plan settings or even power plan advanced settings. I dont see them when i go to settings>power&sleep settings.The options are not there. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance!

:)

Ionut Gabriel, Apr 3, 2023

2. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Apr 3, 2023
  3. turning off the display option for power button

Hi Caro,

The function to turn off the display on your device only affects the monitor but the rest of the programs still run in the background. On the other hand, sleep mode turns off any unused programs to save energy. To change the power option on your device,
    follow the steps below:

• Type Control Panel in the search box and press Enter.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Power Options.
    • Select Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Under Power and sleep button settings, click the drop-down arrow for
      When I press the power button: option and select Turn off the display.
    • Click Save changes.

Once you're done, check if the music still plays after clicking the power button.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Darwin Dim, Apr 3, 2023
  4. Sasqui Win User

Why i cant see the options to turn off display or sleep after a while?

Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

Ok, I got a question. The options to hide the overlay are confusing. What are the steps to turn on the overlay in-game? Not interested in logging much at the moment. Is Alt-R part of turning it on/off?

Sasqui, Apr 3, 2023
Thema:

Why i cant see the options to turn off display or sleep after a while?

1. Why i cant see the options to turn off display or sleep after a while? - Similar Threads - Why cant options

2. Why i cant see the options to turn off display or sleep after a while?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why i cant see the options to turn off display or sleep after a while?: Hello! As the title say i cant see those options.I dont see them in my control panel>power options.i dont see them when i go to change power plan settings or even power plan advanced settings. I dont see them when i go to settings>power&sleep settings.The options are not...
  3. Why i cant see the options to turn off display or sleep after a while?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why i cant see the options to turn off display or sleep after a while?: Hello! As the title say i cant see those options.I dont see them in my control panel>power options.i dont see them when i go to change power plan settings or even power plan advanced settings. I dont see them when i go to settings>power&sleep settings.The options are not...
  4. Turn off the display puts laptop to sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off the display puts laptop to sleep?: My settings are to turn off the display after a few minutes but to never put the laptop to sleep. However, every time I leave my laptop alone and the 'display' turns off, I have to login? I don't want to have to login every time my laptop screen dims! I just got a new laptop...
  5. Why does my laptop turn off if it is in sleep mode for a while?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does my laptop turn off if it is in sleep mode for a while?: This is a really big problem. After a while in sleep mode, my laptop shuts down. How can I disable this? It’s really annoying. I has Windows 1909 update....
  6. Why does my laptop turn off if it is in sleep mode for a while?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does my laptop turn off if it is in sleep mode for a while?: This is a really big problem. After a while in sleep mode, my laptop shuts down. How can I disable this? It’s really annoying. I has Windows 1909 update. submitted by /u/andr74b [link] [comments]...
  7. Why i cant turn on this option ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why i cant turn on this option ?: please see the screenshot and tell me why I can't turn it on.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/why-i-cant-turn-on-this-option/1b8b5a4e-1c17-4f07-9c7d-3b11acdcb21e
  8. After Update, PC Will Not Sleep or Turn Off Display

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After Update, PC Will Not Sleep or Turn Off Display: I have tried everything I can find for a solution, but after the recent update, my PC no longer goes to sleep or turns off the display. If I manually do it, it stays asleep, but the timers do not work. My powercfg -requests shows None for all categories. I've reset the...
  9. After screen turns off (not sleep) can't turn display back on with peripherals

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After screen turns off (not sleep) can't turn display back on with peripherals: Turning the monitor off then on works submitted by /u/DovieUU [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hm8ou5/after_screen_turns_off_not_sleep_cant_turn/
  10. Monitor display goes green after turning off for a while?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor display goes green after turning off for a while?: I have a dual monitor setup, specs are in signature, occasionally I turn the monitors off leaving the PC running. If I leave them for 30 mins or so and come back the first monitor with a HDMI connection (main screen) is green, the screen is still working in windows but...