Windows 10: Why I Choose a Microsoft Password over a Windows PIN for My Windows Computer

Discus and support Why I Choose a Microsoft Password over a Windows PIN for My Windows Computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When setting up a Microsoft account, the option to use a PIN for logging in is presented as an alternative to a traditional password. However, I prefer... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dzidzi bobo, May 9, 2023.

1. Why I Choose a Microsoft Password over a Windows PIN for My Windows Computer

When setting up a Microsoft account, the option to use a PIN for logging in is presented as an alternative to a traditional password. However, I prefer to use a password instead of a PIN for my Microsoft account. In this report, I will explain my reasons for this choice.1. Complexity: A Microsoft password can be longer and more complex than a PIN, making it more secure. I believe that a complex password provides a higher level of protection against unauthorized access to my account. On the other hand, a PIN is usually only 4-6 digits long, which could be easier to guess or crack. 2. Multiple

:)

dzidzi bobo, May 9, 2023
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, May 9, 2023
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, May 9, 2023
  4. Why I Choose a Microsoft Password over a Windows PIN for My Windows Computer

Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, May 9, 2023
Thema:

Why I Choose a Microsoft Password over a Windows PIN for My Windows Computer

1. Why I Choose a Microsoft Password over a Windows PIN for My Windows Computer - Similar Threads - Why Choose Microsoft

2. Why I Choose a Microsoft Password over a Windows PIN for My Windows Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I Choose a Microsoft Password over a Windows PIN for My Windows Computer: When setting up a Microsoft account, the option to use a PIN for logging in is presented as an alternative to a traditional password. However, I prefer to use a password instead of a PIN for my Microsoft account. In this report, I will explain my reasons for this choice.1....
  3. Why I Choose a Microsoft Password over a Windows PIN for My Windows Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why I Choose a Microsoft Password over a Windows PIN for My Windows Computer: When setting up a Microsoft account, the option to use a PIN for logging in is presented as an alternative to a traditional password. However, I prefer to use a password instead of a PIN for my Microsoft account. In this report, I will explain my reasons for this choice.1....
  4. Why is my computer password suddenly asking for microsoft online password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my computer password suddenly asking for microsoft online password?: My microsoft online password has always been different from my physical computer password. I had changed passwords on microsoft online recently for work and now my old computer password doesnt work. I can only login using the finger scan. How do i change this?...
  5. Why is my computer password suddenly asking for microsoft online password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my computer password suddenly asking for microsoft online password?: My microsoft online password has always been different from my physical computer password. I had changed passwords on microsoft online recently for work and now my old computer password doesnt work. I can only login using the finger scan. How do i change this?...
  6. why can i not set my pin to a password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    why can i not set my pin to a password: hello microsoft support team on my window device why do i not have password as a sign in opinion. i would like to change my pin to a password buyt i am unable to please help...
  7. Why has Microsoft Edge taken over my computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why has Microsoft Edge taken over my computer?: I turned on my desktop yesterday and found a totally different look. All the icons were missing, and they were replaced by several large boxes. I tried to go to programs, but those are missing. I finally found something on the left side of the screen that took me to apps....
  8. Why cant i choose my own password? Why does Microsoft force me to now choose a password...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why cant i choose my own password? Why does Microsoft force me to now choose a password...: Is Microsoft as dumb as apple to think people cant decide and make decisions for themselves?? Sad Microsoft used to let customers choose what they want, but forcing people to have accounts unsecured is sad.. Making people write down 100 different passwords every 6 months...
  9. I cant remember my password or pin for my computer windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cant remember my password or pin for my computer windows 10: Can someone please tell me what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-remember-my-password-or-pin-for-my-computer/dbba596e-a809-4fa6-80b8-4f5cf07c0976"
  10. "Choose a pin for Windows" Froze the computer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Choose a pin for Windows" Froze the computer.: When the computer was turned on and before the password was entered, the screen asked for us to choose a pin number to make the log-in more secure. There is no way to get it off the screen. Help!...