Windows 10: Why I couldn't start the "explorer" process?

Discus and support Why I couldn't start the "explorer" process? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Do you guys know by chance what could have been wrong with my Asus PN50 miniPC running Win10? Anything else was fine, I was able to launch pretty much... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/virgilash, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Why I couldn't start the "explorer" process?

Do you guys know by chance what could have been wrong with my Asus PN50 miniPC running Win10? Anything else was fine, I was able to launch pretty much any other applications, use 2 browsers, change/open new tabs, but when trying to open "File Explorer" in any way it just didn't work (I even tried "show file in folder" in some apps, still didn't work) A reboot fixed everything, of course. In case this happens again, is there anyplace I could check or anything I could do to fix it?

submitted by /u/virgilash
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/virgilash, Jan 15, 2021

2. Couldn´t install SBSH Explore Pro- installation failed after download

I couldn´t install "SBSH FExplorer Pro" from Nokia Store (cost 4,99 EUR).

Installation failed after download.

Allow all software for installation is active, Online certificate check: On,

download and install is on C:, Space on C: is over 200 MB available.

E72-1, Typ RM-530

software version 053.001, special version 053.001.231.03

Updates for this firmware version available: None.

Freeware of SBSH Explore works perfect- Pro Version installation failed.

After download I couldn´t find installation data (zip or .sisx) on C to with freeware version..

Somebody for help or any ideas?

Support speeches: German and English.

Thank you!

Support of SBSH was contacted.

scoopy---01, Jan 15, 2021
  3. YIN
    Yin Win User
    Dual iexplorer processes???

I would suggest you run process explorer on the machine so you can find out what applications are running.

process explorer shows you more than just task manager

4. Why I couldn't start the "explorer" process?

"We couldn`t create a new partition or locate an existing one."

Try this:

Before you get to that message, press SHIFT + F10 to open a command prompt.

Run diskpart.
    At the diskpart prompt, run these commands:

list disk

At this point you should see the SSD as disk 0. If it has another disk number, use that number rather than "0" in the next command.

select disk 0
    clean
    exit (to exit from diskpart)
    exit (to exit from the command prompt)

Why I couldn't start the "explorer" process? [​IMG]

That should clear the contents of the disk. The entire disk space should then show up in Windows setup as "Unallocated Space" as in the screenshot below.

Why I couldn't start the "explorer" process? [​IMG]

hsehestedt, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

Why I couldn't start the "explorer" process?

1. Why I couldn't start the "explorer" process? - Similar Threads - Why couldn't start

2. Regarding process explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding process explorer: Is it possible to pause and resume exporting/processing of a video enhanced by Topaz using Process explorer even after a system restart? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-process-explorer/9269ab3c-9060-4701-a9ec-04f2db0a3428
  3. Regarding process explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding process explorer: Is it possible to pause and resume exporting/processing of a video enhanced by Topaz using Process explorer even after a system restart? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-process-explorer/9269ab3c-9060-4701-a9ec-04f2db0a3428
  4. Why i couldn't install windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why i couldn't install windows 11?: when i try to install windows 11 with windows 11 update assistant it says,We couldn't install Windows 11.We've set your pc back to the way it was right before you started installing Windows 11.0x80070070 - 0x200AThe Installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error...
  5. process explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    process explorer: I accidentally suspended searchApp.exe, and now it won't let me "resume" it. When I try "restart" it asks me if I will verify that I want to kill the process. Please help. Thank you...
  6. PC couldn't start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC couldn't start: Hi,The automatic repair loop came and googled how to fix it, so I followed the video and did the "bootrec" thingy and now I've encountered blue screen inaccessible boot device and PC couldn't start properly. Is there any way I can start my PC? Please help... Thanks...
  7. The Service couldn't be started

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The Service couldn't be started: Hello I'm trying to reactivate the Windows Defender but it gives an error: The specified service does not exists as an installed service. 0x80070424 I did not remove any services and they seem ok in the services console. They just work. Win 10 build 15......
  8. The Service couldn't be started

The Service couldn't be started: Hello I'm trying to reactivate the Windows Defender but it gives an error: The specified service does not exists as an installed service. 0x80070424 I did not remove any services and they seem ok in the services console. They just work. Win 10 build 15......
  9. "The service couldn't be started"

"The service couldn't be started": it say "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" the error code is 0x80070570 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/the-service-couldnt-be-started/faa8e73e-19ac-4948-af48-02ff3a02ae6c
  10. Why do I have so many explorer processes running

in Windows 10 Support
    Why do I have so many explorer processes running: I often have a whole bunch of explorer processes running. I expect just one. Or maybe an extra one for each explorer window that I have opened. But right now I have none opened ... and yet there are eight explorer processes running. What's up with that? 115984