Windows 10: Why I don't use the Edge browser from Microsoft. Bing rewards are meh.

Discus and support Why I don't use the Edge browser from Microsoft. Bing rewards are meh. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; "To opt out of personalized ads in this browser, your browser history must allow first-party and third-party cookies and you must have your browsing... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by namitutonka, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Why I don't use the Edge browser from Microsoft. Bing rewards are meh.

"To opt out of personalized ads in this browser, your browser history must allow first-party and third-party cookies and you must have your browsing experience set to NOT delete browsing history on exit. Instructions for enabling cookies and configuring your browsing history may be available in your browsers settings, privacy, or help documentation."

I prefer to delete everything on browser exit. Sure you can delete everything while in Edge, but given the many times I surf and search, I'll not waste this time. *Wink

Bing rewards are a lackluster payoff for Microsoft to play catch-up in the data collection game. Similar reasoning why Microsoft will also never catch up to Apple and Google with their app store...too little too late. Compare "Words with Friends" app, where Microsoft's version has neither a tile bag nor a dictionary.

Don't get me wrong. I've always exclusively used a Microsoft OS since DOS 3.3, and I'm almost mostly satisfied with Windows 10. Sure wish Android, Apple, Windows, and Linux distros could work seamlessly together though, without being so proprietary. There are millions of families with mixed hardware and software.

:)

namitutonka, Apr 26, 2017
  2. Stanv Win User

Microsoft Bing Rewards - DO NOT USE. EDGE Browser sucks anyway!!!

I have been Pro Microsoft for over 20 years. As a support professional, I worked on the early versions of MS-DOS, help certify Windows 95 for AT&T computers, worked with all version of MS Exchange, MS Suite of products (SCOM, SCCM, DPM,..), MS Zune, MS Zune
    HD, MS Windows Phone, MS Xbox, MS Surface Pro 3. You get the point.

I advertise and recommend to my co-workers to use and participate in the Windows Rewards program. NO LONGER.

I attempted to redeem points for which I earned to purchase a cover for my MS Surface Pro 3 device. Added additional points to MS Gift card 8/30 to add to my $30 balance. Attempted to purchase cover for Surface Pro 3 and $30 no longer available. E-mail received
    from MS does not clearly state when they expire. Cancelling my Rewards, Grove, OneDrive, and Xbox subscription.

Microsoft, if you don't treat your customers right you will end up like Kmart. You think you may be too big to fail but what goes up must/will come down.

Stanv, Apr 26, 2017
  3. Redeemed Bing Points are not being in the Windows Store in windows 10

Hello Robert,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

Bing Rewards lets you earn credits for searching on Bing or trying new features from Bing or other Microsoft products and services. Bing Rewards credits can be redeemed for a variety of gift cards and other rewards. As soon as you've accumulated enough credits,
    go to the redemption center, choose your reward, and complete the checkout process.

Suggest you to refer
    Bing Rewards FAQ's
    to learn more on this. If this FAQ doesn't answer your questions,

contact Bing Rewards Support

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Apr 26, 2017
Thema:

Why I don't use the Edge browser from Microsoft. Bing rewards are meh.

1. Why I don't use the Edge browser from Microsoft. Bing rewards are meh. - Similar Threads - Why don't Edge

2. why is google browser easier to use then Microsoft edge?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is google browser easier to use then Microsoft edge?: First Edge is slow in loading compared to google? Edge is not very user friendly. never seems to go to site, always round about. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-google-browser-easier-to-use-then-microsoft/5779253f-daaf-4f24-96bd-8ac367c64ad8
  3. why is google browser easier to use then Microsoft edge?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is google browser easier to use then Microsoft edge?: First Edge is slow in loading compared to google? Edge is not very user friendly. never seems to go to site, always round about. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-google-browser-easier-to-use-then-microsoft/5779253f-daaf-4f24-96bd-8ac367c64ad8
  4. Edge browser engine stuck on Bing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge browser engine stuck on Bing: Hello,I have a computer with windows 11 OS. I have three search engines downloaded here Firefox, Chrome, and Edge. I have a seamless experience switching my search engine on the first two, which makes me think it's not a crazy virus problem, but Edge just won't. I already did...
  5. Edge browser engine stuck on Bing

Edge browser engine stuck on Bing: Hello,I have a computer with windows 11 OS. I have three search engines downloaded here Firefox, Chrome, and Edge. I have a seamless experience switching my search engine on the first two, which makes me think it's not a crazy virus problem, but Edge just won't. I already did...
  6. Cannot redeem a code that was recieved from Microsoft Bing Rewards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot redeem a code that was recieved from Microsoft Bing Rewards: I just redeemed my rewards points for 330 Minecoins on Bing Rewards and it says I already redeemed it. I did not already redeem it because I tried redeeming it about 2 minutes after I received the code. I had redeemed a code for the same thing yesterday and it worked. This...
  7. Cannot redeem a code that was recieved from Microsoft Bing Rewards

Cannot redeem a code that was recieved from Microsoft Bing Rewards: I just redeemed my rewards points for 330 Minecoins on Bing Rewards and it says I already redeemed it. I did not already redeem it because I tried redeeming it about 2 minutes after I received the code. I had redeemed a code for the same thing yesterday and it worked. This...
  8. Cannot redeem a code that was recieved from Microsoft Bing Rewards

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  9. Why can't I use any other browser apart from Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why can't I use any other browser apart from Microsoft Edge?: So I recently built my new computer and since I'm not a fan of the built in edge browser, I decided to try and install a different browser. At first I tried installing Opera but it wouldn't let me use it. It would open for a split second and then close again with no error...
  10. Microsoft Edge/Bing

Microsoft Edge/Bing: How do I permanently turn these off? I've got all my settings to "off," yet it keeps popping open. I'd like to get rid of it permanently, but it doesn't want to let me, so turning it off permanently will be the next best thing....