Windows 10: Why I had 160GB in my C drive available and suddenly it became 159GB? This time i did nothing

Discus and support Why I had 160GB in my C drive available and suddenly it became 159GB? This time i did nothing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This time i wasn't working with any programs or nothing and didn't install any programs. I also didn't install any windows updates. Is this common? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ancientPCUser, May 4, 2020.

1. Why I had 160GB in my C drive available and suddenly it became 159GB? This time i did nothing

This time i wasn't working with any programs or nothing and didn't install any programs. I also didn't install any windows updates. Is this common? I use TreeSize but this time I don't see anything i can erase to gain back the 1GB

:)

ancientPCUser, May 4, 2020

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, May 4, 2020
  3. Jacee Win User
    C: Drive disk cleanup

I've already done your suggestions....... yep, need a bigger drive for C: suppose!

Jacee, May 4, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Why I had 160GB in my C drive available and suddenly it became 159GB? This time i did nothing

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Why I had 160GB in my C drive available and suddenly it became 159GB? This time i did nothing

1. Why I had 160GB in my C drive available and suddenly it became 159GB? This time i did nothing - Similar Threads - Why 160GB drive

2. Why can't I suddenly not install softwares of my new laptop? How did I became a Local User...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I suddenly not install softwares of my new laptop? How did I became a Local User...: I'm the only owner and the only one who use my new laptop. But when I tried to install software or games it doesn't accept my biometrics and there is no input box to type my password. It says admin password but i am the admin. As I checked in the control panel I'm a local...
  3. Why can't I suddenly not install softwares of my new laptop? How did I became a Local User...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I suddenly not install softwares of my new laptop? How did I became a Local User...: I'm the only owner and the only one who use my new laptop. But when I tried to install software or games it doesn't accept my biometrics and there is no input box to type my password. It says admin password but i am the admin. As I checked in the control panel I'm a local...
  4. Why my windows drive c move to drive I?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my windows drive c move to drive I?: Hello, i want to ask for this problem, why my windows file c move to I? I search fix for this but no one found it always automatic repair. Please help me...
  5. Why my windows drive c move to drive I?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my windows drive c move to drive I?: Hello, i want to ask for this problem, why my windows file c move to I? I search fix for this but no one found it always automatic repair. Please help me...
  6. why did my laptop all of the sudden tell me that I had to activate my Windows 10, since it...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    why did my laptop all of the sudden tell me that I had to activate my Windows 10, since it...: I purchased a "renovated" Lenovo ThinkPad T420 laptop with Windows 10 Pro installed. Within the past 2 months I've been getting notifications that I would have to "activate" my Windows software. I've been searching for the product key, but the computer didn't come with any...
  7. D Drive became C Drive, C became OS: F

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    D Drive became C Drive, C became OS: F: Hi, After an update and not using my laptop for a week, after powering on my laptop, my profile was completely different, my wallpaper, profile name, and all my on screen apps were gone. I checked and my Downloads, desktop, pictures, music, videos and documents file and it...
  8. My C:\Windows\installer is taking 160GB of space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My C:\Windows\installer is taking 160GB of space: Now is June 15, 2020. The same problem happened to someone else at least 2 years ago and Microsoft did not have a solution. I am run on windows 10 pro version, with 1t SSD of storage. My C disk is 300GB but this problem effectively makes my C disk "red". [ATTACH]...
  9. Why did a account I had on my hard drive disappear I did not change it ?Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why did a account I had on my hard drive disappear I did not change it ?Windows 10: I had three accounts on my hard drive now I only have two one disappeared with out me doing anything how could this happen ? Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-a-account-i-had-on-my-hard-drive-disappear/b5cf680d-1e60-440e-9d6b-6f117dac39f1
  10. Why Did I Suddenly Lose Computers on The Network?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why Did I Suddenly Lose Computers on The Network?: We've got a home LAN. Five machines. I'm only talking about 2 of them right now. They are connected via a wifi broadband Telstra modem/router or 'gateway' as they call it. Every day I copy files between the two of them. Today they can't see each other. Don't show up in...