Windows 10: why i have this icon background white? & can i change it to default?

Discus and support why i have this icon background white? & can i change it to default? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/kamel_lebig [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kamel_lebig, Sep 8, 2022.

1. why i have this icon background white? & can i change it to default?

/u/kamel_lebig, Sep 8, 2022
  2. nt62 Win User

Like 10 but that white background!

Well, I don't use a tablet.
    My PC is listed in specs.
    The OP was expressing a dislike of a white explorer background.
    Someone else posted it was necessary to edit the registry to make changes.
    Still others suggested it is a good idea to use a shell replacement ?
    And another thought recompiling the explorer.exe binary using an editor makes sense ?
    What ?

Using high contrast, it is easy
    and a simple few clicks to make all kinds of changes.

It is also easy and simple to switch from default non colorized theme
    to high contrast mode. (one click)

Here's another view.

why i have this icon background white? & can i change it to default? [​IMG]

What's this?

nt62, Sep 8, 2022
  3. How to change taskbar text back to white?

Thanks for the update. Corrupted or Broken Windows Update Components is one possible cause of the issue that you're encountering. Let's change the themes on the Control Panel and see if they help us in changing the Taskbar text color. To do so, please follow
    these steps:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Select View by: Small icons.
    • Open Personalization.
    • Switch to the Default theme called Windows. (The text will be white.)
    • Switch the background to whatever they were before, and the text should stay white.

Update us on the outcome.

Antoneth Ber, Sep 8, 2022
  4. MCK
    mck Win User

why i have this icon background white? & can i change it to default?

Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thema:

why i have this icon background white? & can i change it to default?

1. why i have this icon background white? & can i change it to default? - Similar Threads - why icon background

2. white icons background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    white icons background: this happened right out of the blue like windows explorer crashed and restarted itself and did this will all system icons and widnows store apps icons showing in the taskbareither pinned or notif anyone have any solution pls help cuz its pretty much annoying...
  3. white icons background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    white icons background: this happened right out of the blue like windows explorer crashed and restarted itself and did this will all system icons and widnows store apps icons showing in the taskbareither pinned or notif anyone have any solution pls help cuz its pretty much annoying...
  4. i have opened my microsoft word i found the background of page in not white how to change white

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have opened my microsoft word i found the background of page in not white how to change white: i have opened my Microsoft word i found the background of the page is not white how to change white https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-opened-my-microsoft-word-i-found-the/6382c1fb-bb3b-4891-8a5a-8abc78ce912c
  5. i have opened my microsoft word i found the background of page in not white how to change white

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i have opened my microsoft word i found the background of page in not white how to change white: i have opened my Microsoft word i found the background of the page is not white how to change white https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-opened-my-microsoft-word-i-found-the/6382c1fb-bb3b-4891-8a5a-8abc78ce912c
  6. I have white boxes for icons like :

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have white boxes for icons like :: Hello i have white boxes around some icons like in the photos please help me and i excuse for my grammar problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-white-boxes-for-icons-like/98a2d0e4-ff3f-4aa3-a7f8-2cc20fa973e0
  7. How do I change the background to default

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the background to default: how to I change the background display to default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-background-to-default/c4f68526-07c6-4e79-86f4-c6ee58378b17
  8. How can I change the start menu icons and background?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I change the start menu icons and background?: I can’t find any third party tool submitted by /u/ethreax [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hnkukh/how_can_i_change_the_start_menu_icons_and/
  9. Taskbar Icons are broken / have white background?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Icons are broken / have white background?: Since Windows 10 1909, i've had this issue on two completely different devices. The tasbkar icons of all UWP apps (store apps as well as settings app etc) will suddenly get a white baclground, making many of them unreadable. I already deleted iconcahce.db, but it changed...
  10. CHANGE THE BACKGROUND TO WHITE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CHANGE THE BACKGROUND TO WHITE: I HAVE SCANNED IN SOME OLD DOCUMENTS I WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE THE BACKGROUND FROM FADED TAN TO WHITE. HOW DO I DO IT? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-background-to-white/0eec65e3-e019-4a50-aded-24668a039b7e"