Windows 10: why I have to press cpu restart to load windows10 after pressing power button

Discus and support why I have to press cpu restart to load windows10 after pressing power button in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; when I powered up my pc and clicked power button on cpu it shows bois logo and wont load the windows.I have to press the restet buton then to load... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by abhileshmahanta, Aug 25, 2020.

1. why I have to press cpu restart to load windows10 after pressing power button

when I powered up my pc and clicked power button on cpu it shows bois logo and wont load the windows.I have to press the restet buton then to load windows,how to fix that?

:)

abhileshmahanta, Aug 25, 2020
  2. Iceni Win User

When the Power button is Pressed Pc turns on then Off again.

Power on switch sounds to have a fault. Sometimes when they start to go the contact plates can stick when you press the button.

Unplug the power switch header, And plug the reset switch into the power on header. Then start again using the reset switch as the on button. If it clears the fault then it's time to buy a new switch (or just keep using the reset switch).

Don't be tempted to plug the power switch into the reset header as it may cause constant resets if it is the fault.

The later in boot restarts could still be the switch, It depends on the switch and what's wrong with it. If there is a loose contact plate then movement on that plate could cause soft restarts in windows, or hard restarts before windows has got up. Rule out the basic before you spend money.

Iceni, Aug 25, 2020
  3. When I press the power button sleep, hibernated, or power down don't work my screen goes off but not my pc

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

To assist you better, I would like to know when exactly you had received this error. Are you able to boot the computer?

The following steps detail how to change what happens when the power button is pressed.

By default the power button will tell the computer to shut down, if it is not set to shut down, please follow the below steps.

• In the Windows search box enter ‘Power Options’ and click on it when it appears in the list.
    • On the left of the window, click on the ‘Choose what power buttons do’ link
    • Under ‘When I press the power button’ choose the option you want to change it to
      Shut Down.
    • Click ‘Save changes’ to save the changes.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run Power troubleshooter:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Power.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

After performing the power troubleshooter, please perform the steps that has been provided above.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 25, 2020
  4. Virus-j Win User

why I have to press cpu restart to load windows10 after pressing power button

When the Power button is Pressed Pc turns on then Off again.

Hi all,

Need some help, Recently for past month id say iv been having this weird problem on with my main rig, Iv been searching the net trying to find answers or different things to try but nothing is working.

Pretty much as the title said, When i press the Power button the pc starts to turn on, But then it instantly just switches off... But the weird thing is when i press the power button again it boots up normally and i have no problems at all with the pc everything is running fine. Nothing major just be nice if i pressed the button first time it would boot up normally. As i said it was fine till a month ago and this problem just started.

I took the Pc apart about 3 days, Rebuilt it cleaned everything. Replace the Cmos, reset the bios settings. Not sure what else to try ?

Thanks

Virus-j, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

why I have to press cpu restart to load windows10 after pressing power button

1. why I have to press cpu restart to load windows10 after pressing power button - Similar Threads - why press cpu

2. Power Button pressing by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Button pressing by itself: A long time ago, I spilled a bit of liquid into the laptop's keyboard, and because of that some keys stopped working, and one of those affected keys is the power button. Got a new keyboard and all that, the problem is the power button is pressing by itself for maybe a...
  3. Power Button pressing by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Button pressing by itself: A long time ago, I spilled a bit of liquid into the laptop's keyboard, and because of that some keys stopped working, and one of those affected keys is the power button. Got a new keyboard and all that, the problem is the power button is pressing by itself for maybe a...
  4. Power Button pressing by itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why can't I press the power button when I press CTRL+ALT+DEL?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I press the power button when I press CTRL+ALT+DEL?: Why can't I press the power button when I press CTRL+ALT+DEL?So first of all, right after I sign in it brings me to a black screen. I saw a video telling me to press CTRL+ALT+DEL and and hold the shift key while I press the power button and press restart, but I can't press...
  6. Why can't I press the power button when I press CTRL+ALT+DEL?

Why can't I press the power button when I press CTRL+ALT+DEL?: Why can't I press the power button when I press CTRL+ALT+DEL?So first of all, right after I sign in it brings me to a black screen. I saw a video telling me to press CTRL+ALT+DEL and and hold the shift key while I press the power button and press restart, but I can't press...
  7. Why can't I press the power button when I press CTRL+ALT+DEL?

Why can't I press the power button when I press CTRL+ALT+DEL?: So first of all, right after I sign in it brings me to a black screen. I saw a video telling me to press CTRL+ALT+DEL and and hold the shift key while I press the power button and press restart, but I can't press the power button. The power button doesn't get pressed, and I...
  8. BSDO after press power button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSDO after press power button: Sometimes, after pressing power button, system didn't boot up.After several minutes. BSOD occurs.memory dump can be found below.https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1u5sNprlZnU2u9tgAi9IrYleR-0v0eTJl?usp=sharingCan someone help to check what cause this BSOD ?Thanks....
  9. BSDO after press power button

BSDO after press power button: Sometimes, after pressing power button, system didn't boot up.After several minutes. BSOD occurs.memory dump can be found below.https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1u5sNprlZnU2u9tgAi9IrYleR-0v0eTJl?usp=sharingCan someone help to check what cause this BSOD ?Thanks....
  10. Power Button - I have to press twice to turn on.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Button - I have to press twice to turn on.: On all of my previous Windows 10 computers I only had to press the power button once to turn it on. On my most recent build, it requires me to double press quickly in order to power on. If I press once it will shut down. I have gone into the power settings to change what it...