Windows 10: Why I prefer a Mac operating system - macOS

Discus and support Why I prefer a Mac operating system - macOS in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I run computer simulations that run for days. I'm an electrical engineer - I need these simulations for my employment. If a simulation is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by das-eng, May 14, 2019.

1. das-eng Win User

Why I prefer a Mac operating system - macOS

I run computer simulations that run for days. I'm an electrical engineer - I need these simulations for my employment. If a simulation is interrupted (stopped) then I have start over from the beginning if Windows 10 automatically restarted due to an update. It doesn't matter if the simulation ran for 6 days - once stopped it must start all over again. As you might guess - this is unacceptable in an engineering environment where schedules are always running late and the pressure is on to get something done yesterday.

I like macOS over Windows 10 because macOS doesn't Automatically reboot.

I began using Windows 10 in 2019 - and have tried unsuccessfully to block automatic rebooting. At this time I do not believe it is possible to prevent an automatic reboot. This is incredibly sad - and my reason for stating why I mile macOS more than I like Windows 10. macOS NEVER automatically reboots.

Why I prefer a Mac operating system - macOS f0dcb1f7-836f-4fc4-8eff-36cf52ddd93c?upload=true.jpg

:)

das-eng, May 14, 2019

2. Install MacOS Sierra from dmg file

Hey over here: I want to install macOS on an empty partition I got. I got the following:
    - a dmg2img application
    -macOS.dmg
    How can I use those to install OS X on my PC? I heard of tonymac but I don't know if it works for my case (Dmg folder as I don't own a mac but need the os x to run a specific software).
    P.S: I don't own a mac(I already said that?)
    Some step by step would be appreciated
    thanks in advance

Eliomiller, May 14, 2019
  3. n95 8gb as modem for mac

hey all,

For those who dont know how to use the nokia device as modem.

Listed below is the step by step intructions to configure the Nokia device as a modem to a mac. If you receive any cases/questions related to this, please provide the steps mentioned below.

Steps:

Connecting your Mac to the internet is convenient and easy with your a compatible Nokia S60 device. You'll need a Nokia S60 device that supports a 2G or 3G data connection (such as GPRS or HSDPA), a compatible Mac (with the latest OS X), a USB cable for
    your Nokia device or a Bluetooth-enabled Mac, and a network subscription with your mobile service provider.

• To set up your device you'll need to know your operator's Access Point Name (APN) and have the packet data service enabled. For help with this please contact your operator.

In the following example, the APN name "Airtel" is used. This name will vary depending on your operator.

On your device locate and open the Settings application. This is normally in the Tools folder.

In Settings select and open Connection >Select and open Packet data > Select and open Access point >Type in your operator's Access Point Name

Exit Settings. Your device is now ready to be used as a modem for your Mac!

Note: Preferred mode is USB as it much faster than Bluetooth.

• Connect the device and then go to System preferences- >Network- >Select Device (Nokia XXX)
    Click on Advanced Tab > Modem tab

- Vendor : Nokia

-Model:GPRS (GSM/3G)

-Telephone Number: (contact your operator to get this settings)

-APN: (contact your operator to get this settings)

CID: 1

Once connected it will be highlighted in green.

mobile_cracker, May 14, 2019
  4. Why I prefer a Mac operating system - macOS

windows10 on mac

Try changing the machine name of the Mac; take into account, you using a comma in your Macs machine name: Rick's MacBook Pro In macOS, open System Preferences > Sharing > Computer Name, change it to something simpler: Ricks Mac

Andre Da Costa, May 14, 2019
Thema:

Why I prefer a Mac operating system - macOS

1. Why I prefer a Mac operating system - macOS - Similar Threads - Why prefer Mac

2. System Preferences

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Preferences: System Preferences https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-preferences/cec5bc6a-315b-47d5-869f-5b47b3507838
  3. System Preferences

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Preferences: System Preferences https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-preferences/cec5bc6a-315b-47d5-869f-5b47b3507838
  4. System Preferences

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Mac vs windows? which one you prefer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mac vs windows? which one you prefer?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Puzzleheaded_Age5623 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1270co0/mac_vs_windows_which_one_you_prefer/
  6. Why isn't Microsoft remaking the Operating Systems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't Microsoft remaking the Operating Systems: One thing that I have noticed about Microsoft that they always reuse the code from the previous OS. And heck, Windows 11 is completely built on 10. Windows XP was popular because of its performance because after a long time an OS was completely re-written with fresh code...
  7. Why isn't Microsoft remaking the Operating Systems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why isn't Microsoft remaking the Operating Systems: One thing that I have noticed about Microsoft that they always reuse the code from the previous OS. And heck, Windows 11 is completely built on 10. Windows XP was popular because of its performance because after a long time an OS was completely re-written with fresh code...
  8. Operation System

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Operation System: " You are running 32-bit Windows, But this installer installs 64-Bit which can only be installed on 64-bit Windows. Please download the 32-bit version on website " This is the error message i get on almost every program i try to install to my device. but my system shows i...
  9. How can I switch between windows 10 operating system & mac operating system on my iMac

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I switch between windows 10 operating system & mac operating system on my iMac: how can I switch between windows 10 operating system & mac operating system on my imac * Original title: os systems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-switch-between-windows-10-operating/6e7c2d02-d3d4-4ccf-953a-d584ecfa4655
  10. Error loading operating system, Mac user moving to Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error loading operating system, Mac user moving to Windows: I recently built a new PC because I want to be able to run programs and games that I cannot run on Apple products. I've never used a Windows before in my life. I've had some help from my friends and various tutorials on youtube just to build the the thing. But now we've hit a...