Windows 10: Why i see file drop down in a single drive in windows explorer.

Discus and support Why i see file drop down in a single drive in windows explorer. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I can see a file drop down in g drive, nd other drivers has no drop down such as g drive. I want to g drive normal as other drive how can i do that.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Gamer Boy2, Mar 31, 2023.

1. Why i see file drop down in a single drive in windows explorer.

I can see a file drop down in g drive, nd other drivers has no drop down such as g drive. I want to g drive normal as other drive how can i do that.

:)

Gamer Boy2, Mar 31, 2023
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 31, 2023
  3. File Explorer- no drive letters are listed.

The File Explorer in Windows 10, shows the Frequent folders list and Recent files list by default. You can view the drives by clicking on This PC tab on the left site of the File Explorer. But if you wish the File Explorer
    to open This PC showing drives list by default, then follow these steps:

1. In Windows 10, open a new File Explorer window and click the View tab from the ribbon toolbar.

2. In the View tab, find and click on Options, listed by default on the far right side of the ribbon.

3. In the Folder Options window, make sure you’re on the General tab and then find the drop-down box labeled Open File Explorer To. Click the drop-down menu and select This PC. Click OK to
    save your changes and close the window. Now your File Explorer opens to Drives list by default.

Hope this helps!

JohnCalton, Mar 31, 2023
  4. Why i see file drop down in a single drive in windows explorer.

Drag and Drop

Hi Charles,

the steps you suggested didn't work for me but, when pressing the escape key it somehow expanded the drive and by using drag and drop to the single file in the list worked.

In the past I could drag and drop multiple folders onto the drive on the network computer(s). Doing it on individual folders will take far too long and time consuming and is not an option.

Microsoft should be able to identify what is blocking it and issue a fix.

My machine is multi boot so tomorrow I will try with Windows 7.

Many thanks for your help,

Deric

DericStain, Mar 31, 2023
Thema:

Why i see file drop down in a single drive in windows explorer.

1. Why i see file drop down in a single drive in windows explorer. - Similar Threads - Why file drop

2. why can’t i see my second drive on file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why can’t i see my second drive on file explorer: I recently just bought an ssd to help upgrade my pc, my old drive was an hdd which had windows already on. But i decided i wanted to install it on my ssd instead and delete it from the hdd afterwards. Before i installed windows i removed the hdd to avoid it interrupting the...
  3. Why i see file drop down in a single drive in windows explorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why i see file drop down in a single drive in windows explorer.: I can see a file drop down in g drive, nd other drivers has no drop down such as g drive. I want to g drive normal as other drive how can i do that....
  4. Why i see file drop down in a single drive in windows explorer.

Why i see file drop down in a single drive in windows explorer.: I can see a file drop down in g drive, nd other drivers has no drop down such as g drive. I want to g drive normal as other drive how can i do that....
  5. File explorer drop down folder overview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer drop down folder overview: Just opened my laptop after an update, scanned some stuff and had to move them from wherever to my folders. Usually I do this by finding the item, then dragging it to where I want it to go. The leftside view usually drops the subfolders down when I hover over them, but now...
  6. File explorer drop down folder overview

File explorer drop down folder overview: Just opened my laptop after an update, scanned some stuff and had to move them from wherever to my folders. Usually I do this by finding the item, then dragging it to where I want it to go. The leftside view usually drops the subfolders down when I hover over them, but now...
  7. File explorer menu drop down bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer menu drop down bug: When i use the drop down menu of the file explorer in snap layouts it automatically gets closed. I raised this issue so many times on feedback hub maybe from 20 days but it didn't fixed.Here is a clear reproduction of the issue...
  8. File explorer menu drop down bug

File explorer menu drop down bug: When i use the drop down menu of the file explorer in snap layouts it automatically gets closed. I raised this issue so many times on feedback hub maybe from 20 days but it didn't fixed.Here is a clear reproduction of the issue...
  9. How can I see every single file in a drive in one place in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I see every single file in a drive in one place in File Explorer?: I did this once but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it again. Basically within file explorer I was able to see every single file on my D: drive as if there were no folders or subfolders at all. It showed literally every loose file like it was all in one...
  10. file explorer--seeing drives

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer--seeing drives: When I open file explorer via right click on start menu, it opens to 'quick access'--frequent folders and recent files. I want to see my drives and partitions. A file and folder tree. While convenient, I'm less interested in recent files and frequent folders. I hate that...