Windows 10: WHY ICONS IN START WIND 10 JUMP TO HIS PLACE WHEN I TRY TO MOVE THE TO ANOTHER POSITION,...

Discus and support WHY ICONS IN START WIND 10 JUMP TO HIS PLACE WHEN I TRY TO MOVE THE TO ANOTHER POSITION,... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; SEE SUBJECT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-icons-in-start-wind-10-jump-to-his-place-when/665a37ff-93e3-448c-bcbc-12ce8664268f Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MANUELLOU1, Jun 30, 2020.

1. WHY ICONS IN START WIND 10 JUMP TO HIS PLACE WHEN I TRY TO MOVE THE TO ANOTHER POSITION,...

SEE SUBJECT

:)

MANUELLOU1, Jun 30, 2020

2. Desktop icons have started jumping around in Windows 10

Sorry, Yasshiel, that's not it. I haven't got auto-arrange on, and there's nothing rearranging my resolution.

What I mean is that when I move icons around other icons jump out of the way even if they aren't adjacent. The recycle bin is the biggest problem. I normally keep it on the top left, but if I drag another icon to, say, an empty space below the bin (even
    if it's two or three spaces below), the bin can jump out of place and go to another part of the screen entirely.

And not just the recycle bin. Any of the icons could jump round.

This started a month or so ago, I think after an upgrade. But I can't remember when, and I don't want to revert to an earlier upgrade in case it causes even more problems.

I can't help but think it's a bug in an upgraded driver, but who knows what.

Granny Buttons, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Unable to move icons to previous positions after Windows 10 update

Thank you, but that hasn't solved the problem.

I created a new administrator account as described, logged in and made sure that "Auto arrange icons" and "Align icons to grid" were not ticked.

On the new account I can move icons, even by small amounts, and they stay exactly in those positions as long as they are not near to the edges of the desktop area.

In case it helps, there is only one small difference between the two accounts. On the original account, if I move an icon close to the edge of the screen it jumps to a random location nearer to the centre. On the new account, if I move an icon close to
    the edge, it jumps back to it's earlier position.

SydMitchell, Jun 30, 2020
  4. WHY ICONS IN START WIND 10 JUMP TO HIS PLACE WHEN I TRY TO MOVE THE TO ANOTHER POSITION,...

File Explorer jump list not working

Hi, thank you for your suggestions. I tried all those and no component missing. After the last one I rebooted just in case it needed that.

Result is that I have no change.

Another thing I noticed is that when I right click on the start icon whilst the run and search work fine everything from and including the File Explorer is similar to my jump list problem. Except that whilst in the jump list I can right click and get a
    mini menu from the start icon this list just disappears whether I left or right click.

John

JohnBarrieUnsworth, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

WHY ICONS IN START WIND 10 JUMP TO HIS PLACE WHEN I TRY TO MOVE THE TO ANOTHER POSITION,...

1. WHY ICONS IN START WIND 10 JUMP TO HIS PLACE WHEN I TRY TO MOVE THE TO ANOTHER POSITION,... - Similar Threads - WHY ICONS START

2. Desktop icons move 1 position left on wake up only if there are icons placed on the right...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons move 1 position left on wake up only if there are icons placed on the right...: Randomly when my PC wakes up from sleep my desktop icons will move left 1 grid position. This seems to only happen when there are icons placed on the right side of each screen. I have gone through all the steps you will find searching online such as auto arrange off, lock to...
  3. Desktop icons move 1 position left on wake up only if there are icons placed on the right...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icons move 1 position left on wake up only if there are icons placed on the right...: Randomly when my PC wakes up from sleep my desktop icons will move left 1 grid position. This seems to only happen when there are icons placed on the right side of each screen. I have gone through all the steps you will find searching online such as auto arrange off, lock to...
  4. My icons keep moving on the previous place it was originally placed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My icons keep moving on the previous place it was originally placed: I want to organize my desktop and keep the apps for my work together separated from my games and files. However, when I try to move them to the right side, it keeps going back to the left side. Is there a way to fix this so it would not go back?...
  5. why can't i drag and place windows They jump from one place to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why can't i drag and place windows They jump from one place to another: when you want to move a tab it doesn't follow the curser but it just teleport to the place the curser is at when you let go of the click i wonder if there is a fix for this i have tried this but i don't have the option in the setting i wonder if there is a different way....
  6. why can't i drag and place windows They jump from one place to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why can't i drag and place windows They jump from one place to another: when you want to move a tab it doesn't follow the curser but it just teleport to the place the curser is at when you let go of the click i wonder if there is a fix for this i have tried this but i don't have the option in the setting i wonder if there is a different way....
  7. why can't i drag and place windows They jump from one place to another

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows 10 - Mouse moving all over the place, when writing text jumps to the beggining of...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - Mouse moving all over the place, when writing text jumps to the beggining of...: Windows 10 - Mouse moving all over the place.1. When writing text jumps to the beggining of phrase, crazy2. Triying to write something on the browser, almost impossible.3. In Excel it moves up and down on rows.I have followed all the recomendations on the microsoft side and...
  9. Scrollbar "jump to position" setting?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scrollbar "jump to position" setting?: After 12 years of using macOS exclusively at home and work, my new job requires me to use Windows 10. I'm making the transition (had some experience with it from gaming on my Boot Camp partition), but like they say: it's the little things. In macOS there's a scrollbar...
  10. Custom folder icon keep changing to default when I Copy/Move it to another place.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Custom folder icon keep changing to default when I Copy/Move it to another place.: Hi there, here is what I am talking about: When I change folder icon with software, then I copy/move the folder to another place in Windows 10, the custom icon resets to default empty folder icon. I found out the solution, so I'm gonna tell you: The problem is because of...