Windows 10: Why I'm hearing notification sound from other account?

Discus and support Why I'm hearing notification sound from other account? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When my wife gets a skype message I hear the notification sound when I'm logged in in Windows. is this a windows bug? our family is always singed in... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by danieliancu, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Why I'm hearing notification sound from other account?

When my wife gets a skype message I hear the notification sound when I'm logged in in Windows. is this a windows bug? our family is always singed in and is very annoying for me to hear sound notifications from the others accounts when I'm working.

:)

danieliancu, Feb 20, 2019

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Feb 20, 2019
  3. sound

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description I understand that you are unable to hear the email notification sound.

I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps:

• Go to Control Panel Items

• Click on Sound.

• Click on Sounds Tab.

• Click on Desktop Mail Notification.

• Click TEST.

• Click OK.
    And check if you are able to hear the email notification sound.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Why I'm hearing notification sound from other account?

appl notification sounds have stopped working

Hi

Thanks for posting!

To change notification sounds

• In the App list, tap Settings > Notifications + actions, then tap an app from the list.

• Tap Notification sound, and then do one of the following:
      • Tap Play to preview a sound, and then tap the name of the sound you want to use.
      • If you don’t want to hear a sound for a notification, tap None.
    Please visit sites below and make sure that all has been setup accordingly to steps provided and settings available;

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/h...-personalization/change-notification-settings

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/h...d-personalization/ringtones-sounds-and-volume

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/h...rsonalization/notifications-and-quick-actions

Kind Regards,

Karolina M, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

Why I'm hearing notification sound from other account?

1. Why I'm hearing notification sound from other account? - Similar Threads - Why I'm hearing

2. Notifications playing "lingering" sound from other closed audio sources?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications playing "lingering" sound from other closed audio sources?: Started happening about a month ago. Anytime I get sort of Notification, it will also play a small snippet of audio I had played recently, such as from a Youtube video, even when I don't have Youtube open. I tried reinstalling my Realtek Audio driver, but nothing...
  3. Notifications playing "lingering" sound from other closed audio sources?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notifications playing "lingering" sound from other closed audio sources?: Started happening about a month ago. Anytime I get sort of Notification, it will also play a small snippet of audio I had played recently, such as from a Youtube video, even when I don't have Youtube open. I tried reinstalling my Realtek Audio driver, but nothing...
  4. I'm getting a windows notification sound even though if there is no notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm getting a windows notification sound even though if there is no notification: HII am getting a notification sound even though there is no notification in the notification tray. Actually, it is like there is an unread notification but when I open the notification tray to see what it is, it disappears. This is frequent. Is this about windows security? I...
  5. I'm getting a windows notification sound even though if there is no notification

I'm getting a windows notification sound even though if there is no notification: HII am getting a notification sound even though there is no notification in the notification tray. Actually, it is like there is an unread notification but when I open the notification tray to see what it is, it disappears. This is frequent. Is this about windows security? I...
  6. why did i hear random sound effects from my laptop

why did i hear random sound effects from my laptop: hi, why did i hear some random sound effects from my laptop?so earlier i was just on youtube and i was watching this videohttps://youtube.com/shorts/xShmROC_OJE?feature=sharewith this one in an another other tabhttps://youtu.be/KJIZYe5j2_Uand then i suddenly heard the broken...
  7. Windows notification sound muffles other sounds e.g. video sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows notification sound muffles other sounds e.g. video sound: After one of the last Windows update other sounds are muffled when notification pops up. Can I somehow turn off this feature? Of course one of the solutions is to turn off the notifications sound. But I'd prefer not to do that. Thanks....
  8. Notifications mute other sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications mute other sound: Hello, I'm faced with the following conundrum. I will usually have youtube documentaries etc or an audiobook running in the background. Then, one of my few friends will send me a message via Facebook Messenger, which I receive via theMessenger app for Win 10. So far, so...
  9. Cannot hear sounds from browser & games but I can hear system sounds!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot hear sounds from browser & games but I can hear system sounds!: (SOLVED) Sometimes I cannot hear sounds from games, browsers (all of them) and programs. The funny thing is that I can hear system sounds e.g. when I change the sound level. Solution: My desktop PC has 4 users. To describe the solution, I must write the scenario...
  10. Why am I hearing notification sounds while Windows 10 focus assist is enabled?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why am I hearing notification sounds while Windows 10 focus assist is enabled?: I love the Windows 10 focus assist feature, it really does filter out most notifications and helps me focus. I am having one issue with it though, some applications still play a notification sound even though focus assist does disable the notification banner. I have noticed...