Windows 10: Why I'm I Losing Storage + Long Wait Times On File Explorer?

Discus and support Why I'm I Losing Storage + Long Wait Times On File Explorer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So i recently just built my first PC and pretty much a noob when it comes to stuff like this. I recently brought Rainbow Six Siege on steam but didn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/uK-Kyto, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Why I'm I Losing Storage + Long Wait Times On File Explorer?

So i recently just built my first PC and pretty much a noob when it comes to stuff like this. I recently brought Rainbow Six Siege on steam but didn't like it so decided to get refund on it, i then proceeded to obviously delete the game to free storage on my 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 10 - 15 minutes has passed i and opened up File Explorer just to look around for a document and i remembered that i had 401GB remaining on my SSD after deleting the game so i closed down file explorer and went onto to CSGO, 30Mins has passed and i went onto file explorer to save a picture and now 395GB is remaining.... I'm also getting crazy waiting times trying to opening up different sections on File Explorer. Please Help! I'm Especially getting annoyed at the Loading times

submitted by /u/uK-Kyto
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/uK-Kyto, Feb 12, 2020
  2. naftalit Win User

Window 10 file explorer stuck

Hi Deepika,

Thanks on your help

I try all three suggestion but unfortunately the problem remain.

It is look the explorer stuck when I right clicking on file letter or try to past file.

Some details on the steps:

Step 1: When the Task manager is open no Window Explorer task exist. Clicking on File Explorer under Start menu window, bring Window Explorer task. Than I End the task using task manager and reopen the task by Run New Task in the task manger. The Window
    Explorer task is appeared in the Task manger and on the screen window. Right clicking on the disk letter the Explorer was stuck again.

Step 2: I run the checkdisk on disk C (contains the Window) without /f and get report all is OK

Step 3: I run the Memory diagnostic. After long waiting time a report OK is received.

Any other suggestion will be appreciate

Thank

Naftali

naftalit, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side.

Why I'm I Losing Storage + Long Wait Times On File Explorer? [​IMG]

This list can get very long and with some wrong or no longer used entries.
    How can I clear this list / cache / suggestions?

Or how can I stop the file explorer to suggests already used Tags?

WTenNewbie, Feb 12, 2020
  4. pass---01 Win User

Why I'm I Losing Storage + Long Wait Times On File Explorer?

e50 long time waiting during update

Hello. I have an e50 and software version is 6.27.1.0

I want update to 7.13.0.0 but when update step is 3/3 (Preparing installation) waiting very long time.

There is a problem?

I'm waiting 20 mins yet and not a progress.

Regards.

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/679/nokiaxz5.jpg

pass---01, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Why I'm I Losing Storage + Long Wait Times On File Explorer?

1. Why I'm I Losing Storage + Long Wait Times On File Explorer? - Similar Threads - Why I'm Losing

2. "File Explorer" loses files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "File Explorer" loses files: Using OS Windows 10 / Radomly, some days none other days two or three times, "File Explorer" loses all the folders and files, appears to be reloading but never completes the reload process. The only way I get "File Explorer" to load all the file folders and files is to reboot...
  3. "File Explorer" loses files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "File Explorer" loses files: Using OS Windows 10 / Radomly, some days none other days two or three times, "File Explorer" loses all the folders and files, appears to be reloading but never completes the reload process. The only way I get "File Explorer" to load all the file folders and files is to reboot...
  4. why is it saying long time ago in tnhe file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is it saying long time ago in tnhe file explorer: this hurts so much when the file explorer say long time ago and dont mean it like do you think 1 year is long time ago windows ??this future makes me go back to windows 7 or 8 or 8.1 or anything else because i dont wanna live in this file explorer lie which is called long...
  5. why is it saying long time ago in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is it saying long time ago in file explorer: this hurts so much when the file explorer say long time ago and dont mean it like do you think 1 year is long time ago windows ??this future makes me go back to windows 7 or 8 or 8.1 or anything else because i dont wanna live in this file explorer lie which is called long...
  6. why is it saying long time ago in tnhe file explorer

why is it saying long time ago in tnhe file explorer: this hurts so much when the file explorer say long time ago and dont mean it like do you think 1 year is long time ago windows ??this future makes me go back to windows 7 or 8 or 8.1 or anything else because i dont wanna live in this file explorer lie which is called long...
  7. why is it saying long time ago in file explorer

why is it saying long time ago in file explorer: this hurts so much when the file explorer say long time ago and dont mean it like do you think 1 year is long time ago windows ??this future makes me go back to windows 7 or 8 or 8.1 or anything else because i dont wanna live in this file explorer lie which is called long...
  8. Files in Explorer taking a long time to display

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files in Explorer taking a long time to display: Similar to a question only asked very recently, my case might be the same. The problem is Explorer not displaying files for some time after selecting a folder and this seems to have happened following my recent update to Win10 21H1 although I cannot be certain. This problem...
  9. File Explorer suddenly takes a long time to load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer suddenly takes a long time to load: I'm running Windows 10 OS Build 190441.867 which is the latest update. In the past 24 hours I've had to restart my PC twice because when File Explorer started up it would just show a progress bar at the top and no files. This went on for several minutes as though it was...
  10. Still waiting to chat, anyone else waiting a long time

in Windows 10 Support
    Still waiting to chat, anyone else waiting a long time: I have been #4 for almost an hr. I was 313 like 3hrs. ago 9633