Windows 10: Why instead of the actually 4 GB ram, the systemTask manager says there is total 3.8 GB Ram?

Discus and support Why instead of the actually 4 GB ram, the systemTask manager says there is total 3.8 GB Ram? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Just a question became i used to think that if you have 4/8/any amount of Ram, then there will be the same Any amount of ramGb ram mentioned in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MervinpaismakesWindows14, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Why instead of the actually 4 GB ram, the systemTask manager says there is total 3.8 GB Ram?

Just a question became i used to think that if you have 4/8/any amount of Ram, then there will be the same Any amount of ramGb ram mentioned in the system, but i want to know why it says 3.8 instead of 4Gb, My guess is that it is used for some important windows process, but that's just my guess

:)

MervinpaismakesWindows14, Jan 22, 2021

2. Ram upgrading: 4+4=8 gb or 4+8=12 gb?

I am using dell inspiron 5447

windows 10, 4 gb ram installed originally,

Intel i5, 2.4Ghz.

What would be better choice 4+4=8 gb or 4+8=12 gb?

ArpanPatel777, Jan 22, 2021
  3. 16 GB of Ram installed hardware hijacking 8 GB of it.

Hi and thank you for your reply. Yes I have tried that (I forgot to mention that): fitting both Rams into slots 1 and 3 and both back into slots 1 and 2. Then I tried putting both into slot 2 to see if they worked and they both worked. Now when i go into
    the BIOS, under memory, it says up at the top 8 GB of memory it is using I am thinking. Down to the right where it actually shows what is plugged into the slots where the ram is, it says: in one slot 8 GB and in the other 8 GB. So, to me it actually is registering
    the two ram sticks in the slots but is only using 8 GB of memory and that's why it is showing 8 GB in the BIOS? That's what I am hopefully thinking anyway. I am going to look up on my keyboard on how to take a screen shot of my bios so I can show you and get
    back to you. Does this sound right to you? Thanks!

TobachNigh, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Avik Win User

Why instead of the actually 4 GB ram, the systemTask manager says there is total 3.8 GB Ram?

Why 2.66 GB usable in 4 GB ram?

Thanks to everyone for their valuable suggestions. I guess the problem was with the OS.Because after increasing my ram from 4 gb to 8 gb still the usable memory was 2267 mb out of 8 gb, then I did a clean install of Windows 7.Now everything is fine and smooth, and usable memory is 7.9 gb out of 8 gb.

Thema:

Why instead of the actually 4 GB ram, the systemTask manager says there is total 3.8 GB Ram?

1. Why instead of the actually 4 GB ram, the systemTask manager says there is total 3.8 GB Ram? - Similar Threads - Why instead actually

2. 3 GB of Ram used into nothing while having 8 GB RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 GB of Ram used into nothing while having 8 GB RAM: Why does my laptop just take 3 GB of ram out of nothing when i have 8 GB ram whats the issue??? My friend said that i could have someone mining bitcoin on my laptop...
  3. 3 GB of Ram used into nothing while having 8 GB RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3 GB of Ram used into nothing while having 8 GB RAM: Why does my laptop just take 3 GB of ram out of nothing when i have 8 GB ram whats the issue??? My friend said that i could have someone mining bitcoin on my laptop...
  4. hardware reserved 2.0 GB of the 8 GB ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hardware reserved 2.0 GB of the 8 GB ram: why my hardware reserved 2.0 GB ,how it decrease? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hardware-reserved-20-gb-of-the-8-gb-ram/1d8f8c02-9ca3-4c1f-9fce-36123c120d46
  5. hardware reserved 2.0 GB of the 8 GB ram

in Windows 10 Customization
    hardware reserved 2.0 GB of the 8 GB ram: why my hardware reserved 2.0 GB ,how it decrease? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hardware-reserved-20-gb-of-the-8-gb-ram/1d8f8c02-9ca3-4c1f-9fce-36123c120d46
  6. 8 GB RAM, But 7.78 GB Unusable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    8 GB RAM, But 7.78 GB Unusable.: Hello, So I Wanted To Know if I Can Use My Unusable RAM, Or Not, Because I Have Lot's Of Work, And I Want To Use The Unusable RAM, is There any way how to do it?...
  7. 8 GB RAM, But 7.78 GB Unusable.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    8 GB RAM, But 7.78 GB Unusable.: Hello, So I Wanted To Know if I Can Use My Unusable RAM, Or Not, Because I Have Lot's Of Work, And I Want To Use The Unusable RAM, is There any way how to do it?...
  8. Only 4 of 8 gb ram available

in Windows 10 Support
    Only 4 of 8 gb ram available: Thanks for reading this post. I have a Dell Inspirion 5770 laptop. Screenshots of some pertinent specs attached. My task command prompt >systeminfo shows that I have 8,055 mb total physical memory installed but only 3,881 mb available physical memory. I have seached the web...
  9. Is 4 GB of RAM Enough?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is 4 GB of RAM Enough?: Work is sending me a laptop since my personal one has been giving me issues. However, when looking at the specs, I noticed that the RAM is only 4 GB (i3 processor), and this has me pretty worried. Specifically, the model is a Dell Inspiron 14 5000 Series 2-in1 (5406). I am a...
  10. 8 gb ram installed only 4 showing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    8 gb ram installed only 4 showing: Hello, I have a Lenovo ideapad 310 touch laptop with 8gb ram installed in the ram slot. The laptop came with the 8gb ram installed when it was purchased, this was not a modification. However, the system shows exactly 4.00 gb of ram when I click on about in settings. This is...