Windows 10: Why is a security scan popping up while I am on facebook?

Discus and support Why is a security scan popping up while I am on facebook? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I already have a security / anti-virus on my computer so I do not use the one that came with Windows 10. My anti-virus has auto updates and scans so... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RitaYZ, Dec 20, 2018.

1. RitaYZ Win User

Why is a security scan popping up while I am on facebook?

I already have a security / anti-virus on my computer so I do not use the one that came with Windows 10. My anti-virus has auto updates and scans so that it is always up to date. I have had my computer for 3 years and have never activated the security program. It simply pops up, interrupts what I am doing and starts scanning my computer and I can't stop it except by shutting down my Microsoft edge, even though it has a stop that just pauses the program it never really stops unless I shut my internet down

:)

RitaYZ, Dec 20, 2018

2. Facebook and Virus Problem (Solved but still open for coment)

I would run one of these 2, you dont need to login to fb to do it

https://www.facebook.com/notes/facebook-security/malware-checkpoint-for-facebook/10150902333195766/

We currently offer two products for all of our users: McAfee's Scan and Repair andMicrosoft's Security Essentials.

• The McAfee option will download a small program onto your Windows computer to perform a one-time scan of your system for malware. It will not interfere with your existing anti-virus or other security products. After it scans your system, it will give you the option to automatically or manually remove the files it flags as malicious.
    • The Microsoft Security Essentials option is a full anti-virus product. Upon download and install, it will add anti-virus software to your computer that will continue to protect your system with the latest anti-virus signatures from Microsoft.

CAPSLOCKSTUCK, Dec 20, 2018
  3. Pop Up security warning

Good that you didn't click on anything and that you didn't call that number. That what you were seeing are fake alerts which try to trick you into calling some obscure companies who then will try to sell you their unneeded services/products.

Please read the following article which describes in detail various methods how to get out of such pop ups. The article also mentions methods how to prevent these kind of fake alerts.

In case you keep on getting these pop ups, it is recommended to run some scans as described here:

Suggestion to also take the time and to read:

Jsssssssss, Dec 20, 2018
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Facebook disables View As feature as it patches security hole

Thanks, Shawn.

As a precaution, I just did:

And if anyone wants to take the precautionary action of logging out of Facebook, they should visit the Security and Login section in settings. It lists the places people are logged into Facebook with a one-click option to log out of them all.

because it was quick and easy.

f14tomcat, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Why is a security scan popping up while I am on facebook? - Similar Threads - Why security scan

2. Why am I getting the pop-ups shown in the attachment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I getting the pop-ups shown in the attachment: On Facebook, when I click on some posts, I get a security warning pop-up. I don't believe the pop-up is real. Any ideas on what to do?. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-getting-the-pop-ups-shown-in-the/f7ef736b-fe3a-41de-824c-44d9eb495c47
  3. Why am I getting the pop-ups shown in the attachment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I getting the pop-ups shown in the attachment: On Facebook, when I click on some posts, I get a security warning pop-up. I don't believe the pop-up is real. Any ideas on what to do?. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-getting-the-pop-ups-shown-in-the/f7ef736b-fe3a-41de-824c-44d9eb495c47
  4. Why am I getting this pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I getting this pop up: The below pop up has been occurring for the last few weeks. Can anyone tell me why I am getting ti and hoiw to stop it, it it doesn't seem to have any functionality....
  5. Why am I getting this pop up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I getting this pop up: The below pop up has been occurring for the last few weeks. Can anyone tell me why I am getting ti and hoiw to stop it, it it doesn't seem to have any functionality....
  6. Pop ups on security

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pop ups on security: Anyone know what this is and how to change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-ups-on-security/4d9a029b-fcb9-4001-811d-0f0d748fe51e
  7. Why am i getting these pop ups

in Windows 10 Support
    Why am i getting these pop ups: I keep getting pop ups on the web pages i am looking at I do not get them on my laptop. I have checked all edge settings on my laptop and set PC to same settings but it makes no difference is their any settings i should be using in win 10 that will stop this also have checked...
  8. A security pop up?!!!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A security pop up?!!!!: I dont know what is going on! I was just studying and this popped up! I tried calling the help part of microsoft and the security portion but its after hours! Someone plz help ! How do i get rid of this ?? [IMG]...
  9. i am sick of this pop ups.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i am sick of this pop ups.: please help with these pop ups. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-sick-of-this-pop-ups/8b0d2f3d-0d2f-4540-b19a-fd04046d7e68"
  10. Pop up error message while playing a particular game on facebook

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pop up error message while playing a particular game on facebook: Every time I play a particular game on facebook a "screeching" error message pops up saying that all my files will be deleted if I don't update Windows software. Is anyone else getting this message and how did you fix the problem?...