Windows 10: why is a standard account necessary in windows 10

Discus and support why is a standard account necessary in windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; why is a standard account necessary in windows 10... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by : WallyD_655, Jan 4, 2019.

1. why is a standard account necessary in windows 10

why is a standard account necessary in windows 10

:)

: WallyD_655, Jan 4, 2019

2. Windows 10 keeps forgetting settings on other standard account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in trying to solve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if you are using a Microsoft Account to login to the standard account.

I suggest you to run the DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management) tool by following the steps below:

• On the Search bar type “cmd”. Right Click on the Command Prompt option and select Run as Administrator. (If prompted for a password, type the password and click Allow)
    • Type “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” (without quotes).

For more information about DISM click on the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947821

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert with necessary information for better assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown why is a standard account necessary in windows 10 :(

Zakin, Jan 4, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

1. why is a standard account necessary in windows 10 - Similar Threads - why standard account

2. Windows 10 Standard Account Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Standard Account Issue: Hi everyone,We have an issue with our windows account types, we recently re-install windows 10 on our laptop and created two account types. one standard user and another as admin, we did this for security as the unit is being used for work. However, we notice the system acts...
  3. Windows 10 Standard Account Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Standard Account Issue: Hi everyone,We have an issue with our windows account types, we recently re-install windows 10 on our laptop and created two account types. one standard user and another as admin, we did this for security as the unit is being used for work. However, we notice the system acts...
  4. Windows 10 Standard Account Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Problems with the New Windows 10 Update...Why was it Necessary?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems with the New Windows 10 Update...Why was it Necessary?: Every since the new, required update occurred this month, my audio has gone awry. First, it deleted some of my profiles and my plug-and-play speakers no longer work. It defaulted to a "PlayOn Virtual Audio Device" which actually has no audio. I was able to get by with my...
  6. Standard account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Standard account: How to make a standard account if I am the administrato. Is it safer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/standard-account/4d0a737f-11b0-4df8-8c05-cb4aa03ba76b"
  7. STandard Account

STandard Account: Why can't I have a Standard account, with my Microsoft account, I've read they are more secure than any other account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/defender_offline-protect_scanning-windows_10/standard-account/8aa263a5-3435-47e8-a3fe-e779dfdcd8bc
  8. Why is a standard account vs admin account recommended?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is a standard account vs admin account recommended?: Why is Microsoft recommending a standard account vs admin account when setting up Windows on a brand new device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/why-is-a-standard-account-vs-admin-account/33d9babe-3309-41e8-8743-305f1aa64705
  9. Is a standard user account necessary for tight security and home user?

Is a standard user account necessary for tight security and home user?: Is a standard user account really necessary for tight security for the home user or will a well secured administrator account be sufficient? 64477
  10. Microsoft Account necessary?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account necessary?: Hi All, I don't need to establish a Microsoft Account for privacy reasons as I'm the only user, but may I ask if I need one to receive the 1511 new WIN10 upgrade? I also tried to download a few Apps from the APP Store, and it asks for my Microsoft Account. If I click close,...