Windows 10: Why is all my files and data gone from my laptop all of the sudden?

Discus and support Why is all my files and data gone from my laptop all of the sudden? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently logged in back to my school laptop, only just to find all my settings in default and all of my data and files are missing to. I did research... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AngelVoid, May 8, 2021.

1. AngelVoid Win User

Why is all my files and data gone from my laptop all of the sudden?

I recently logged in back to my school laptop, only just to find all my settings in default and all of my data and files are missing to. I did research on it and the only explanation I could find is something about a temporary account. I've tried everything but I can't find anything to help me fix this problem. This is my school laptop and I really need all my files back as soon as possible. If anyone could kindly help me, it would be appreciated. I forgot to say that since I'm on my school laptop, I can't log into Administrator.

:)

AngelVoid, May 8, 2021
  2. hdjx Win User

files have gone

I MOVED a directory from one W2K PC to another. However, the target PC (which has a backup unit on it and thus the point of the move) crashed halfway through the move and I had to reboot. I then decided that I needed to sort out why the PC crashed and MOVED the directory back again.

However, in the process, most of the files have disappeared! What I don't understand is why the original files were deleted if they were not copied over.

As far as I can see, the files have gone for good. Is there any hope? Friend suggest Data Recovery Wizard, can I try that?

hdjx, May 8, 2021
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 8, 2021
  4. Namslas90 Win User

HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

http://support.dell.com/?~ck=mn

Namslas90, May 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Why is all my files and data gone from my laptop all of the sudden? - Similar Threads - Why files data

2. How to get back all my files and data from my laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to get back all my files and data from my laptop?: Hi, my laptop activated bitlocker. I did found the recovery key from devices and I have entered the recovery key, but the output was mentioned that my pc didn’t restart properly. I tried to restart my pc but after that it still show bitlocker. I tried several times but the...
  3. How to get back all my files and data from my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get back all my files and data from my laptop?: Hi, my laptop activated bitlocker. I did found the recovery key from devices and I have entered the recovery key, but the output was mentioned that my pc didn’t restart properly. I tried to restart my pc but after that it still show bitlocker. I tried several times but the...
  4. All my files are gone!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All my files are gone!: WHen I was on my Computer on Thursday everything was fine, but when I went on today, I saw my Logitech and my capture files are empty, I didnt do anything and When I clicked on it It says that I needed to connect to network or Insert a disk. PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT TO...
  5. ALL OF MY FILES ARE GONE

ALL OF MY FILES ARE GONE: so i turned on my laptop only to see that half the stuff i had is gone the list of stuff that is gone: -all of my personal files dating back to december 2020 -most of my games -my apps -my desktop wallpaper -discord -all of my garry's mod addons 157 files -my puro...
  6. All My Data Files Are Gone

All My Data Files Are Gone: Greetings, After Microsoft Updated my computer AGAIN Data Folders that was a "STORE" of my old PC of ALL My Documents for approximately 12 years of data is now GONE... Why?...
  7. Upgrade last night all of my files are gone from laptop.

Upgrade last night all of my files are gone from laptop.: An automated upgrade ran for more than 2 hours last night and all of my files are gone. PLEASE HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-last-night-all-of-my-files-are-gone-from/84a7b883-3af6-4856-a16c-2474febf5341
  8. Folder and all files in it suddenly gone

Folder and all files in it suddenly gone: I work on cover art and recently made a folder, in the middle of working on one i went to save my current cover but the folder was gone. Every file and trace is gone and i cant open anything. Anybody know anything about this?...
  9. All the files and folders on my laptop have gone??!!

All the files and folders on my laptop have gone??!!: So earlier this week my laptop decided it would create me a temporary account when I logged on. I thought I had resolved this by following a tutorial which directed me to go into the command, identify my sin number and then go through redigit to correct the path and delete...
  10. Err, all my data is gone

Err, all my data is gone: I restarted my computer 3 days ago. It updated from v1907 to 08. It did not offer the option to make a back up, update later, or set a restore point, it just went ahead and churned through. Lo and behold I'm on v1908 and everything on the hard drive is dust. I can't even get...