Windows 10: Why is "Allow Search Highlights" removed from domain level group policy but is in local...

Discus and support Why is "Allow Search Highlights" removed from domain level group policy but is in local... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Why is "Allow Search Highlights" removed from domain level group policy but is in local group policy? Location Computer Configuration > Administrative... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rodney Hopper, Jun 1, 2023.

1. Why is "Allow Search Highlights" removed from domain level group policy but is in local...

Why is "Allow Search Highlights" removed from domain level group policy but is in local group policy? Location Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > SearchPolicy Store is updated to latest version. Server version is 2022The "Search.admx" files are different for the two versions of Group PolicyThe following only exists in the Local Group Policy <policy name="AllowSearchHighlights" class="Machine" displayName="$string.EnableDynamicContentInWSB" explainText="$string.ExplainEnableDynamicContentInWSB" key="SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft

:)

Rodney Hopper, Jun 1, 2023
  2. Brink Win User

Group Policy configuration: search highlights in Windows 10 and 11

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...s/ba-p/3263989

Brink, Jun 1, 2023
  3. Mala_S Win User
    MDM Group Policy removed?

Hello BobbyBenton,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Is your computer connected to a domain network?
    2. What is the error which you receive regarding the Group Policy?
    3. What do you mean by “MDM Group Policy removed”?

If the computer is connected to a domain (organization) network, then the issue is better suited in TechNet Community. Please visit the
    support article to find a community that will offer
    the support you request.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Mala. S

Microsoft community – Moderator

Mala_S, Jun 1, 2023
  4. rsbrux Win User

Why is "Allow Search Highlights" removed from domain level group policy but is in local...

"Don't Display Username" in Domain Policy?

According to this article, this should have worked the way I wanted it to. However, the question appears to be moot. My installation of Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2 had "Interactive logon: Don't display last signed-in" "Disabled" by default, which was apparently overriding my domain-level policy. There wasn't even an option to leave it locally "Not Defined"! The only options in gpedit.msc and secpol.msc are "Disabled" and "Enabled". So I had to enable it locally anyway.
    According to this Microsoft article, my domain-level policy should have taken precedence, but it didn't.
    However, this thread suggests to me that this is not an isolated failure of the stated order of precedence, although I don't claim to understand it all.

rsbrux, Jun 1, 2023
Thema:

Why is "Allow Search Highlights" removed from domain level group policy but is in local...

1. Why is "Allow Search Highlights" removed from domain level group policy but is in local... - Similar Threads - Why Allow Search

2. remove group policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove group policy: Dear Sir i want to remove the active directory group policy from certain PC but the problem that this pc had not been connected to network anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-group-policy/e1d1afb5-b735-44e3-bbdc-d5bdb2c30d76
  3. remove group policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remove group policy: Dear Sir i want to remove the active directory group policy from certain PC but the problem that this pc had not been connected to network anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-group-policy/e1d1afb5-b735-44e3-bbdc-d5bdb2c30d76
  4. remove group policy

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Why is "Allow Search Highlights" removed from domain level group policy but is in local...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is "Allow Search Highlights" removed from domain level group policy but is in local...: Why is "Allow Search Highlights" removed from domain level group policy but is in local group policy? Location Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > SearchPolicy Store is updated to latest version. Server version is 2022The "Search.admx"...
  6. Why is "Allow Search Highlights" removed from domain level group policy but is in local...

Why is "Allow Search Highlights" removed from domain level group policy but is in local...: Why is "Allow Search Highlights" removed from domain level group policy but is in local group policy? Location Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > SearchPolicy Store is updated to latest version. Server version is 2022The "Search.admx"...
  7. Local group policies

Local group policies: Hello, I have issue with windows 10 home basic. There is no options for Administrative Templates inLocal Group Policies. Please resolve this issue...[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-group-policies/bdbb2977-adf0-4aed-a08d-4dd5601fffac
  8. local group policy

local group policy: I have windows 10 home edition 1903 and I need to edited the local group policy but I can't seem to find it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-group-policy/c696e164-1135-4b8b-b687-38f4b18d1f6f
  9. applying local group policy

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    applying local group policy: Hi ive no experience applying group policy settings. What I'm hoping for is that I can have certain registry configurations applied cross all users. If I downloaded a registry.pol configuration, how do I apply this actually? So I've copied the file to...
  10. Group Policy from a 2008R2 Domain Controller

in Windows 10 Support
    Group Policy from a 2008R2 Domain Controller: We are in the process of rolling out Windows 10 workstations in our company and want to utilize some of the Advanced Audit Policy Configuration settings but we noticed that the Windows 10 specific settings are missing (more specifically, Audit PNP Activity). Is there any way...