Windows 10: Why is C Drive not drive "0"

Discus and support Why is C Drive not drive "0" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My primary drive is a Samsung M970 Pro M.2, Drive C, my secondary drive is a Samsung M860, drive D, and I have a CD drive which is drive E. My question... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xpac5896, Feb 15, 2019.

1. xpac5896 Win User

Why is C Drive not drive "0"

My primary drive is a Samsung M970 Pro M.2, Drive C, my secondary drive is a Samsung M860, drive D, and I have a CD drive which is drive E. My question is: Why is Disk Management calling Drive D, Drive "0" and C drive, Drive "1"?
    I have tried to move around the cables on the MB but with no luck, the drives stay the same in Disk Management. I'm rather curious as to why this is? Can anybody shed any light on this? Thanks in advance.
    I hope I'm in the right place to ask this.

:)

xpac5896, Feb 15, 2019
  2. Pinscher Win User

Raid 0 help

Hi all, I've followed the IRST raid installation directions and I have created myself a Raid 0 volume. Rapid storage confirms my successful migration from a system disc to a raid 0 array. I'm also able to select it as my boot device in BIOS, but what I don't understand is why it is not listed in my Drives under my computer

In fact, my computer still lists my original C: drive with the original capacity. I feel as if I've miss an important step here and I'm unsure how to proceed.

Pinscher, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Feb 15, 2019
  4. Why is C Drive not drive "0"

C: drive

Hi Viva,

If you recently made some changes on your machine and needs to access
    C: drive
    , you can do it by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + E.
    • On the left pane, click This PC. It will show you list of different folders. For
      C: drive, it may look like this.

Why is C Drive not drive "0" 26098bd9-c4a9-4b92-b7a6-d437f0a281ea.jpg

If you have further queries, feel free to reply to this post.

Amylove Loy, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

Why is C Drive not drive "0"

1. Why is C Drive not drive "0" - Similar Threads - Why Drive drive

2. why is Drive C Popping up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is Drive C Popping up: i have been distracted while working on my windows laptop by a constant pop up of my C drive window. it pops up many times after i close it every time. Please is this a virus issue or some registry concern. i need help to resolve it...
  3. Why is drive image larger than C;/ drive ?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Why is drive image larger than C;/ drive ?: Thought I'd make a couple different images on my recently built & never used PC. The C: drive is an SSD and the only thing on it is the Windows 10 OS (vers 1909). For starters I made an image using the Windows 10 image function and used a USB HDD. Properties show the C:\...
  4. Why is my C drive full?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is my C drive full?: My C drive is full and my PC keeps saying it is running out of storage space. Of the 119 GB on the drive, 78.7 are being used by Apps and Features. But the biggest programs in that folder are itunes 999mb, Mail and Calendar 961 MB, etc. The files listed in "Apps and...
  5. Need more space in Disk 0 C drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need more space in Disk 0 C drive: Hello: I need more space in my Disk 0, C drive which is my main partition for applications; then I have Disk 2 D drive where all my data are stored. Because I use a lot graphic development software I am running out of space in C drive and need more space. I know I can't move...
  6. C: drive not on on disk 0 but on DIsk 2..Is that a problem?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    C: drive not on on disk 0 but on DIsk 2..Is that a problem?: Setting up a new desktop computer for the 1st time (and also adding an old HDD that didn't work) I have 3 drives. The main drive, which is a nVme SSD, and where my OS is (Windows 10) somehow, according to what I see under Computer Management, ended up on DIsk 2, my secondary...
  7. Why is C drive empty?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is C drive empty?: Split from this thread. why are there not very files on orginal harddrive From another post: why is C: drive empty From another post: C: drive does not have very many files on it...
  8. C: drive not on on disk 0 but on DIsk 2..Is that a problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    C: drive not on on disk 0 but on DIsk 2..Is that a problem?: Setting up a new desktop computer for the 1st time (and also adding an old HDD that didn't work) I have 3 drives. The main drive, which is a nVme SSD, and where my OS is (Windows 10) somehow, according to what I see under Computer Management, ended up on DIsk 2, my secondary...
  9. 100% Disk 0 C: Drive usage? Is there a reason why my C drive is constantly at 100% usage?...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% Disk 0 C: Drive usage? Is there a reason why my C drive is constantly at 100% usage?...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Trever5005 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gfcrh4/100_disk_0_c_drive_usage_is_there_a_reason_why_my/
  10. Why is C Drive not drive "0"

in Windows 10 Support
    Why is C Drive not drive "0": My primary drive is a Samsung M970 Pro M.2, Drive C, my secondary drive is a Samsung M860, drive D, and I have a CD drive which is drive E. My question is: Why is Disk Management calling Drive D, Drive "0" and C drive, Drive "1"? I have tried to move around the cables on the...