Windows 10: Why is Chrome suddenly not opening in the same position where I closed it?

Discus and support Why is Chrome suddenly not opening in the same position where I closed it? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all. This issue just started happening today for no apparent reason. I have always had Chrome fully expanded in the vertical direction on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JohnJSal, Aug 6, 2022.

1. JohnJSal Win User

Why is Chrome suddenly not opening in the same position where I closed it?

Hi all. This issue just started happening today for no apparent reason. I have always had Chrome fully expanded in the vertical direction on the screen, meaning I drag the top border to the top of the screen and let Windows automatically expand it up and down.

Whenever I close and reopen Chrome, it remains in this position. Except for today. Now when I reopen it, it starts with a little space between the Chrome window and the task bar at the bottom.

Is there any reason this would have...

Read more

JohnJSal, Aug 6, 2022
  2. Dave____J Win User

chrome will not open

IK reinstalled the KB and a Silverlight update, no luck. I tried to remove chrome , again, using the suggested tool. Chrome was not on the list, I selected not listed. It wanted the product code. A quick internet search did not find it. I removed chrome
    using the add and remove programs.,reinstalled chrome and ran the clean up tool, no malware. chrome now opens.. I have signed in and it is working. The second removal worked. thx

Dave____J, Aug 6, 2022
  3. can't close googel chrome ???

There is a setting in Google Chrome that allows it to continue running various tasks in the background after you have closed the browser window. If this is allowed in your Google Chrome settings, then it can indeed be running even when there is no visible
    window. Personally, I don't allow Google Chrome to continue running in the background/ But that is for you to decide. To solve your immediate problem though, I suggest you turn off (don't allow) this option at least temporarily:

1. Start Google Chrome. There should of course be a visible browser window.
    2. Access the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the three dots at the top right corner of the browser window (it's just below the standard Microsoft icons to minimize maximize and close the window).
    3. Select "Settings" from that menu. Some basic Google Chrome settings should be displayed in the browser.
    4. Go to the bottom of the "Basic Settings" page and click on "Advanced".
    5. Locate the "System" group within the "Advanced Settings". Its near the bottom of this second settings page.
    6. One of the "System" settings is "Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed".

Turn this option OFF by sliding its little button to the left.
    7. Close the Google Chrome browser.
    There should now be no complaints about Google Chrome still running when you think it isn't.

If you would like to re-enable this feature later, just follow the same 7 Step procedure above.

Of course to re-enable the feature, replace "Turn this option OFF" in Step 6 with "Turn this option
    ON
    ".

I hope this helps.

Christopher Jeffrey Benson, Aug 6, 2022
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Save Window Position

Hi Shane,

Saving the window size/position when opening a message to a new window is easy. Simply follow the steps below on how to do so:

• Open a message in a new window.
    • Press and hold the Ctrl button on your keyboard and click on the
      X button at upper right corner of the window to close it.
    • When you open a message in another window, the size/position of the window should be saved.
    If you have other questions, do let us know.

Dyan Rey, Aug 6, 2022
Thema:

1. Why is Chrome suddenly not opening in the same position where I closed it? - Similar Threads - Why Chrome suddenly

2. Why does my Google Chrome always close when I open it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Google Chrome always close when I open it?: I logged into my microsoft account recently on my PC and when that happened all of a sudden I can no longer open chrome. Every time I attempt to open it, it opens for less than a second and then closes. I saw another person making a question about this and the response was...
  3. Why does my Google Chrome always close when I open it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my Google Chrome always close when I open it?: I logged into my microsoft account recently on my PC and when that happened all of a sudden I can no longer open chrome. Every time I attempt to open it, it opens for less than a second and then closes. I saw another person making a question about this and the response was...
  4. How can I tell Windows to open applications in the same position and size as I closed them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I tell Windows to open applications in the same position and size as I closed them?: I open a lot of applications throughout the day, and in Windows 10 they would open where I closed them. This made it easy to open multiple photos at once, because they'd just open on top of each other and I could flick through them.However, since installing Windows 11 on a...
  5. How can I tell Windows to open applications in the same position and size as I closed them?

How can I tell Windows to open applications in the same position and size as I closed them?: I open a lot of applications throughout the day, and in Windows 10 they would open where I closed them. This made it easy to open multiple photos at once, because they'd just open on top of each other and I could flick through them.However, since installing Windows 11 on a...
  6. Chrome opens but immediately closes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome opens but immediately closes: chrome opens but it immediately closes sometimes it will stay open for 5 mins or all day without closing but it will happen constantly the next day until I reset my computersometimes that doesn't even work or clear all my cache which again sometimes doesn't work it's just...
  7. Chrome opens but immediately closes

Chrome opens but immediately closes: chrome opens but it immediately closes sometimes it will stay open for 5 mins or all day without closing but it will happen constantly the next day until I reset my computersometimes that doesn't even work or clear all my cache which again sometimes doesn't work it's just...
  8. Chrome opens but immediately closes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Chrome opens but immediately closes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chrome opens but immediately closes: when I updated windows on 14/06/2021 chrome opens but it immediately closes I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it and also restarted my laptop but it always does the same thing....
  10. Chrome opens but immediatlly closes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chrome opens but immediatlly closes: when I updated windows on 14/06/2021 chrome opens but it immediately closes I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it and also restarted my laptop but it always does the same thing....