Windows 10: Why is cmd popping up almost every 10 to 15 minutes

Discus and support Why is cmd popping up almost every 10 to 15 minutes in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm having massive troubles with my computer, I am unable to update anything even using the iso file and the cmd keeps popping up. This started around... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kevin Klosek, Feb 25, 2024.

1. Why is cmd popping up almost every 10 to 15 minutes

I'm having massive troubles with my computer, I am unable to update anything even using the iso file and the cmd keeps popping up. This started around the time I updated system once a couple weeks back and downloaded a game but later removed it.I ran the Disk and sfc command but they don't show anything I tried reinstalling windows but also upgrading it to Windows 11 and the issue still remains, I think it might be a hardware issue as I had my motherboard faulty from when I bought it causing massive drops in performance on any game and the repair was like 2 weeks before the problem started. If

:)

Kevin Klosek, Feb 25, 2024

2. Windows 10 CMD Keeps Popping Up

I am running windows 10 and every minute a cmd window will randomly pop up for half a second then close.

JakeCall42, Feb 25, 2024
  3. CMD pop up

Just recently CMD has popped up at start up. Flashes on for a few seconds, no message, its blank.

I have tried all the suggestions on line, even stopping Microsoft services that seems to work but gets rid of on screen caps indication.

Running Windows 10 on a Acer laptop. Recent updates include Microsoft and Display adapter.

Any suggestions that I have not tried already would be appreciated ?

RossWilliamson, Feb 25, 2024
  4. Why is cmd popping up almost every 10 to 15 minutes

Network drivers take a long time (15+ minutes) to install

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 20H1 and I have a problem.

Any network driver that is listed under Network adaptors in Device Manager takes a very long time to get installed. This includes the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility driver, TAP-Windows Adaptor V9, and ... most importantly ... various Hyper-V network drivers,
    i.e. Virtual Switch, Virtual Extension, Virtual Adaptor, etc.

Examples:

1. If I grab a copy of tap-windows-9.21.2.exe and run it, the installation takes 15+ minutes, and all this time is spent waiting for Windows to configure the driver class. During this time, tap-windows-9.21.2.exe appears stuck.
    2. If ask Device Manager's Add Hardware Wizard to install an arbitrary Network Adaptor, even Microsoft Loopback Adaptor, again, the installation takes 15+ minutes, during which the Add Hardware Wizard appears stuck.
    3. If Hyper-V Manager attempts to configure a virtual adaptor, switch, extension, etc., again, the installation of the virtual device's driver takes 15+ minutes.

During this 15+ minutes, the driver appears in Device Manager with a yellow icon. The Properties window reads:

Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. (Code 56)

Perhaps the most obvious workaround is to suck it up and with the 15+ minutes. Sadly, no. While I might have had the patience to wait 15+ minutes, some apps, like Hyper-V Manager don't. They bail with an error message.

Steps that I have followed to troubleshoot this issue:

• Running various Windows and Microsoft Support troubleshooters
    • Resetting the network configuration, both via Setting and via netcfg -d
    • Uninstalling all apps that install a network adaptor and starting over from zero
    • Updating Windows

Fleet Command, Feb 25, 2024
Thema:

Why is cmd popping up almost every 10 to 15 minutes

1. Why is cmd popping up almost every 10 to 15 minutes - Similar Threads - Why cmd popping

2. Why is cmd popping up almost every 10 to 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is cmd popping up almost every 10 to 15 minutes: I'm having massive troubles with my computer, I am unable to update anything even using the iso file and the cmd keeps popping up. This started around the time I updated system once a couple weeks back and downloaded a game but later removed it.I ran the Disk and sfc command...
  3. CMD window pops up exactly every 10 minutes with the name "wwrghsr"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD window pops up exactly every 10 minutes with the name "wwrghsr": I am running my windows 11 on my Asus PC. Every 10 minutes an empty CMD window pops up for a fraction of a second and then closes except one time it had text. I was able to record my screen and then pause at the moment it flashes to identify it's name and root.There are no...
  4. CMD window pops up exactly every 10 minutes with the name "wwrghsr"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CMD window pops up exactly every 10 minutes with the name "wwrghsr": I am running my windows 11 on my Asus PC. Every 10 minutes an empty CMD window pops up for a fraction of a second and then closes except one time it had text. I was able to record my screen and then pause at the moment it flashes to identify it's name and root.There are no...
  5. BSOD Every 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Every 15 minutes: Good afternoon,My computer has been getting blue screens for quite some time and I feel like I've tried everything I can possibly think of. I even got to the point where I completely wiped everything clean and reloaded windows and I'm still getting crashes every 15 minutes. I...
  6. BSOD Every 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Every 15 minutes: Good afternoon,My computer has been getting blue screens for quite some time and I feel like I've tried everything I can possibly think of. I even got to the point where I completely wiped everything clean and reloaded windows and I'm still getting crashes every 15 minutes. I...
  7. Cmd pop up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cmd pop up: Hi, This is Nishant on this side. I am facing an issue regarding the cmd pop-up. As I plug in my power cable to my laptop the cmd pop-ups and disappears immediately and this is happening for the past 2 or 3 weeks. Is there any kind of virus or malware making this problem or...
  8. USB caused a pop up every 10 minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB caused a pop up every 10 minutes: So a week ago i tried formatting a usb which i got the unable to format this device and the message wouldnt go away so i yanked the usb out and closed off the messages (unable to format device) and now im getting the following below with a device you plugged in is...
  9. Cmd pop up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cmd pop up: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] This pop up appears after fresh install and reboot should I be worried? I don't know what the command line is in the 2nd cmd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-pop-up/d24ee170-f6c4-46fa-9ddc-a07e2373477b
  10. Monitor is off every 10-15 minutes.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor is off every 10-15 minutes.: I am using two monitors for my desktop PC. One of the monitors is automatically off every 10-15 minutes, and is automatically back on about 10 minutes. How can I fix this problem ? Your help will be appreciated. Michael...