Windows 10: why is cortana reading my emails in the background

Discus and support why is cortana reading my emails in the background in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I sent a personal email to my pharmacist a couple of days ago and got a Cortana pop up asking if I wanted to add it as a task? I dont recall giving... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Romip, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Romip Win User

why is cortana reading my emails in the background

I sent a personal email to my pharmacist a couple of days ago and got a Cortana pop up asking if I wanted to add it as a task? I dont recall giving Cortana permission to read my emails. this could also explain why when I only have 2 edge tabs open it seems to spawn 10 processes which is also slowing down my browsing experience. this is an invasion of privacy as far as I'm concerned feed this back to the product team and get them to stop Edge spawning unnecessary processes and also prevent curtana from accessing users emails unless the user explicitly gives permission for Cortana to be able to access thier mail

:)

Romip, Jul 17, 2019
  2. SokSa.Icy Win User

Can Cortana announce and read aloud emails?

I couldn't find a way to applaud so I am replying to your message. Jurgen's response sounds like it was automatically generated by a type-writer operated by another type-writer. It is quite obvious that you are asking "whether or not Cortana can read emails
    aloud?" to which any person with an elementary school level of English grammar knowledge can answer with a choice from the list of "yes" "no" or "I don't know."

Brilliant Jurgen, brilliant indeed. Checking the settings never occurred to us. And yes, the question was "where can I send suggestions to Cortana development team."

Funny enough, I asked Cortana "Hey Cortana, can you read emails?" she said

"I couldn't put that on my resume. I could find you the answer to a math problem, though"

All in all, Cortana has been more helpful in answering your question than Jurgen.

Shame, really shame.

SokSa.Icy, Jul 17, 2019
  3. Can Cortana announce and read aloud emails?

Great remark, thank you.

What's shameful is Cortana is smarter then the Cortana development team that developed her.

SteveTurnblom, Jul 17, 2019
  4. AHanson1 Win User

Can Cortana announce and read aloud emails?

THANK YOU for that app suggestion (SpeakingEmail)! I was just researching possible Cortana use to read emails aloud on the pc for a relative with failing vision. It seems ironic that the app is marketed to people who want to read email while driving
    while overlooking people with vision problems.

AHanson1, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

1. why is cortana reading my emails in the background - Similar Threads - why cortana reading

2. Email read receipts ???

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Email read receipts ???: Hi I am trying to set up my email on windows 10 and do not seem to be able to find a function to set up the read receipts. Please advise how this is done. Surely in this day and age it must be possible we are in 2019 after all. Regards Warren...
  3. Reading emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reading emails: I am unable to read older emails because i get a message” unable to download from the server” why is this and how do i correct it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reading-emails/28b05935-685c-4ef4-9182-72e48105f3cf"
  4. why cortana?!!?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why cortana?!!?: why cortana windows size can't be reduce? and there is anyway to disable or uninstall cortana since I don't use it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cortana/f43cc9ce-863d-4c95-bf8e-fd40c1c7eb1e
  5. Email/Reading Pane

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email/Reading Pane: How do I turn off the pane completely so that my inbox fills the screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emailreading-pane/09f6948f-d4d8-47e4-8590-725b98c36c02
  6. Outlook Mail marking my new emails as "read"

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Mail marking my new emails as "read": When I turn on the computer, open up Outlook Mail I might receive say 25 emails. Initially the are highlighted bold (not read) but if I walk away and come back in 30 minutes the are no longer highlighted bold and are now "read" This causes me to search my many emails trying...
  7. Outlook 365 is automatically deleting my read emails

Outlook 365 is automatically deleting my read emails: Hi, outlook 365 is automatically deleting my 'read' emails. I cannot find any setting to stop this from happening. I have read other threads which say to 'go to view - current view - view all emails' however the 'view all emails' option doesn't exist. The only options I have...
  8. why will windows 10 not read my sd card

why will windows 10 not read my sd card: I have been trying to take off my pictures from a micro sd card using an sd card reader and a usb micro sd card reader, in multiple computers usb and sd card readers and micro sd cards. the micro sd card shows in my phone and my kindle, but will not show up in this computer....
  9. Cortana email function

in Browsers and Email
    Cortana email function: Have set up Cortana in windows 10. Works OK. I ask to send email and it asks for contact name. No contact is listed in drop box list. Cannot send mail. I have functioning Comcast, Outlook and Gmail accounts. How do I establish contacts in Cortana. 19140
  10. Why is my cortana missing things in Notepad ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my cortana missing things in Notepad ?: Everyone elses Cortana has the music column and I seem to be missing it anyone know why ? 9537