Windows 10: Why is ctfmon.exe using my location?

Discus and support Why is ctfmon.exe using my location? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Every once in a while I see the "location in use" icon on the notification bar, but quickly goes away. I just found a way to see who accessed it, on... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Andrés S, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Andrés S Win User

Why is ctfmon.exe using my location?

Every once in a while I see the "location in use" icon on the notification bar, but quickly goes away.

I just found a way to see who accessed it, on Settings -> Privacy is the offender: ctfmon.exe.

Why on earth is a text-input related piece of software would want to know where I am? Even overall location? Why?

Privacy anyone?

:)

Andrés S, Jul 3, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

ctfmon

Hello,

Ctfmon is the Microsoft process that controls Alternative User Input and the Office Language bar. It’s how you can control the computer via speech or a pen tablet, or using the onscreen keyboard inputs for asian languages. If you are using any of the mentioned
    tasks, you should leave it enabled. Since you've already tried removing it at the task manager, we suggest that you follow the steps below to disable ctfmon.exe:

• Open Settings by clicking the Windows icon.
    • At the Settings window, type in Administrative tools and select it.
    • At the Administrative tools window, click Services.
    • At the services window, look for Touch Keyboard and Handwriting panel service, set this to disabled and stop the service. This will disable the ability to use the onscreen keyboard.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Jul 3, 2019
  3. CloudyYK Win User
    ctfmon

I randomly got ctfmon on my task manager running and i've tried everything to disable it. It is not on my startup for task manager either :/ pls help me remove it

<Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage>

CloudyYK, Jul 3, 2019
  4. MT Alex Win User

Deus Ex: HR (Steam)

Go into your steamapps folder, and this is kind of a pain, but find the ACF file for Deus Ex and make sure that the location listed there matches the actual install location. I've had to do this before, which sucks because I have a ton of appmanifest files.

MT Alex, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Why is ctfmon.exe using my location? - Similar Threads - Why ctfmon exe

2. How do I fix ctfmon exe - Bad Image?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I fix ctfmon exe - Bad Image?: I just opened my laptop and this thing pop out and it says ctfmon.exe - Bad ImageC:\Windows\system32\InputService.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your...
  3. Microsoft Mail exe Location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Mail exe Location: I want to know where the microsoft mail .exe file is so that I can make a schedule for it in Task Scheduler. I'm talking about the Mail app, not Outlook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-mail-exe-location/2ebd832f-6483-4929-b699-58048e6c7f40
  4. Microsoft Mail exe Location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Mail exe Location: I want to know where the microsoft mail .exe file is so that I can make a schedule for it in Task Scheduler. I'm talking about the Mail app, not Outlook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-mail-exe-location/2ebd832f-6483-4929-b699-58048e6c7f40
  5. Why ".exe" keeps generating in my P.C?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why ".exe" keeps generating in my P.C?: Hi there. I have a problem regarding M.S Windows Defender. I have the most updated Windows Defender it doesn't helps me in removing viruses from my P.C/Laptop. My P.C keeps generating .exe files in every directory, even in the new ones. And Windows Defender does not even...
  6. What is using my location?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is using my location?: So I often see the location button in the task bar show up when it really shouldn’t. Like if I’m using photoshop or Microsoft word it’ll just appear and I’ll have no clue why. Is it some sort of background program refreshing my location or am I being spied on by the NSA lol....
  7. Why is WUDFHost.exe using my location?

Why is WUDFHost.exe using my location?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/FITYMI [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k5mxen/why_is_wudfhostexe_using_my_location/
  8. Exe File Location

Exe File Location: Hey guys, I installed a driver with an exe file a while back for a school project but no longer need it and I'm wondering if I am able to figure out which driver it installed from the exe file. I couldn't find it in my system's drivers so I am asking if there is a way to...
  9. CODECs .exe file location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CODECs .exe file location: Downloaded this .exe file, which landed in Documents. Should it be in Apps folder? Want to successfully install it. Never before had anything to do with an .exe file....
  10. CTFMON>EXE is missing how do i fix it my keyboard will not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CTFMON>EXE is missing how do i fix it my keyboard will not work: how do I fix my keyboard is not working web site said to check for CTFMON.exe but I am not finding it under system 32 files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ctfmonexe-is-missing-how-do-i-fix-it-my-keyboard/b0dd6628-a5b4-4cce-8b99-39f3b4259813
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. ctfmon location