Windows 10: Why is default app window crashing when trying to set a web browser?

Discus and support Why is default app window crashing when trying to set a web browser? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I work for our local IT and I received a problem where a user was unable to access links through outlook. The fix is to make sure that the user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LostScythe, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Why is default app window crashing when trying to set a web browser?

Hello, I work for our local IT and I received a problem where a user was unable to access links through outlook. The fix is to make sure that the user had a default web browser set. The Item listed under the default web browser was launch windows app. Why is default app window crashing when trying to set a web browser? ec134b77-c8ac-46d3-b0f7-889d68cc8880?upload=true.png

Here is the crash report for it as well.

Why is default app window crashing when trying to set a web browser? 696ac9f8-aaaf-4a6a-979b-7ff2e62e629c?upload=true.png

Do you guys have any way to fix this?

:)

LostScythe, Sep 26, 2018

2. Trying to set Opera as web browser in default app

For the last two hours I have been trying to set Opera as web browser in default app under Default Apps in Settings. The only web browser is working with Microsoft Edge not other web browser. I am not sure how can I make Opera as default and rather use this not Microsoft Edge. Any idea how to get this browser work as default?

Thank you,

John

imcanadian, Sep 26, 2018
  3. can not change web default browser

Hi Soniapayne,

You may try these.

Follow the steps below:

For Windows 10:

• Select the start button, and then type
      Default app settings

• In the search results, select default app settings

• Under web browser, select the browser currently listed and then select Mozilla fire fox or another browser
    For Windows 7, 8.1:

• Go to control panel

• In the search box, located on the upper right corner
      type Default programs

• Click on Default programs

• Click on Set your default program

• Click on Mozilla Firefox

• Click on Set this program as default

• Click Ok

Hope this helps.

Nathaniel_M, Sep 26, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Why is default app window crashing when trying to set a web browser?

Setting Chrome as my default browser - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

• Go to Start > Settings > System.
    • Choose Default apps, then scroll down to
      Web browser.
    • Tap or click the browser that’s currently listed as your default, then choose Chrome from the list of apps

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 26, 2018
Thema:

Why is default app window crashing when trying to set a web browser?

1. Why is default app window crashing when trying to set a web browser? - Similar Threads - Why default app

2. Why does Internet Settings not show my Default Web Browser?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does Internet Settings not show my Default Web Browser?: Many months ago, on my Windows 10 laptop, I went to Default Apps > Web Browser and changed to Microsoft Edge. However, every now and again, I get messages from various internet sites saying my browser is not supported. When I then look at Internet Options > Programs, this...
  3. Settings App crashes when trying to change web browser default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings App crashes when trying to change web browser default: Hello, I've found an issue where the settings app crashes when attempting to change the default browser from Internet Explorer to Chrome. This has happened on multiple computers. It happens when attempting the change both on the regular default programs page and on the set...
  4. Cannot set default web browser

Cannot set default web browser: How can I set Google Chrome as my default web browser. The last win update erased it as my default, and it no longer appears in the options window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-set-default-web-browser/2736ac7a-5d26-49b1-be8f-b4ba10310509
  5. how set Firefox as default web browser

how set Firefox as default web browser: Although I have it loaded, it doesn't show up as an option in the default app or in the "choose default app" section. Plus, I even have trouble loading it. I realize they'd rather I not use it, but I'd sure like the choice....
  6. Default Web Browser

Default Web Browser: I do not see the option for Web Browser in my Default app section. I am trying to make Microsoft Edge to my default but i can not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-web-browser/8d05308e-7bb2-47b8-b71e-3c1553ad1466
  7. Setting Default App for Web Browser

Setting Default App for Web Browser: I'd appreciate any help with this. So, I just got a new computer today. When logging in and starting Edge it prompts to set it as default browser for the system. Prompts to go to settings to do this. That's all easy enough- except there's not a default browser option. Only...
  8. Default web browser

Default web browser: I have recently installed the new Microsoft Edge on my Surface tablet. Now every time I browse the internet I get a message asking if I want to make Edge my default browser, and directing me to 'Settings' to set it. However, I do not have a 'Web browser' listed in my default...
  9. Setting Default Web Browser on Windows 10 Pro

Setting Default Web Browser on Windows 10 Pro: I am unable to set change the default web browser on my lap top running Windows 10 Pro, I am logged in with Admin rights. If i go to settings in Google Chrome web browser and select Make Default Windows settings home page comes up a nothing else happens. If i click the start...
  10. Trying to set Opera as web browser in default app

in Browsers and Email
    Trying to set Opera as web browser in default app: For the last two hours I have been trying to set Opera as web browser in default app under Default Apps in Settings. The only web browser is working with Microsoft Edge not other web browser. I am not sure how can I make Opera as default and rather use this not Microsoft...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. default apps crashing

2. window crashing when setting IE as default app

3. windows settings default apps crashing

4. setting default app crashes when changing mail,
  5. windows default apps crashes,
  6. default app crash,
  7. default apps crashes,
  8. default apps window is crashing,
  9. set default apps crashes