Windows 10: Why is Display scaling not automated

Discus and support Why is Display scaling not automated in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why can Microsoft not do 'auto' Display scaling in Windows 10? I'm sure it is not that hard. Setting each app is a so time consuming. Some older... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Swagger, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Swagger Win User

Why is Display scaling not automated

Why can Microsoft not do 'auto' Display scaling in Windows 10?
    I'm sure it is not that hard.
    Setting each app is a so time consuming.
    Some older apps are so blurry, but changing the display Scaling manually fixes the issue.
    But you first have to go and look, where is the actual program located, to set the properties.

Is there an easier way?

:)

Swagger, Oct 9, 2015

2. I THINK CUSTOM SCALING IS USELESS CAN FONT SIZING AND OTHER EFFECTS WINDOW COLOUR WINDOWS 95 TO 7 RETURN TO 10

I noticed custom scaling isn't really helpful rather display was best If windows 10 continues with the 1703 changes then Windows10 ought to be accessed on a 14 or 15.5
    inch monitor custom scaling may be kept as ooptional I think 175 % be removed and replaced by 20% so scaling is 100 , 125 , 150 , & 200 % So should Custom Scaling 100- 500 % stay

I thought version 1709 might improve but I am disapoimted if they didn't wany it why was display in control panel offered

Girish Deshmukh, Oct 9, 2015
  3. neb.laz Win User
    Custom Scaling Level - Below 100%

Hi,

scaling 100% - 500%, but would like to scale below 100%, perhaps 90% or so, as of my display I would like to have it a bit smaller.

Why is there no option for that? That should be considered as an option.

Is there a way?

Cheers

[moved from German forums]

neb.laz, Oct 9, 2015
Thema:

Why is Display scaling not automated

1. Why is Display scaling not automated - Similar Threads - Why Display scaling

2. Automating Display Scale Percentages ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automating Display Scale Percentages ?: I have been looking for anyone or anywhere where someone could give me the answer to changing multiple monitors scale all at once with no answers so Im trying to ask specifically, can I?I hurt my back no long ago and moved a recliner as close as I could to where my computer...
  3. Automating Display Scale Percentages ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automating Display Scale Percentages ?: I have been looking for anyone or anywhere where someone could give me the answer to changing multiple monitors scale all at once with no answers so Im trying to ask specifically, can I?I hurt my back no long ago and moved a recliner as close as I could to where my computer...
  4. Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling: I have many machines running Windows 10. All of these machines are affected by the same issue. The monitors are 2560x1440, for some people this makes things too small. One solution is to adjust the resolution to 1920x1080 but then things are fuzzy. The other option is to...
  5. Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling: I have many machines running Windows 10. All of these machines are affected by the same issue. The monitors are 2560x1440, for some people this makes things too small. One solution is to adjust the resolution to 1920x1080 but then things are fuzzy. The other option is to...
  6. Display Scaling Changes Prints Scaling

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Why win 10 display scaling is disabled

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Why win 10 display scaling is disabled: I have win 10 Dell 7480 machine. Integrated graphic card Intel HD Graphics 620. The screen is a few years old CHIMEI-24EH HDMI, connected with HDMI cable. An updated Intel driver is installed and working properly. I am trying to adjust DPI scaling, but it disabled as can be...
  8. Why win 10 display scaling is disabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Why win 10 display scaling is disabled: I have win 10 Dell 7480 machine. Integrated graphic card Intel HD Graphics 620. The screen is a few years old CHIMEI-24EH HDMI, connected with HDMI cable. An updated Intel driver is installed and working properly. I am trying to adjust DPI scaling, but it disabled as can be...
  9. Why win 10 display scaling is disabled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why win 10 display scaling is disabled: I have win 10 Dell 7480 machine. Integrated graphic card Intel HD Graphics 620. The screen is pretty old CHIMEI-24EH HDMI, and is connected with HDMI cable. An updated Intel driver is installed and working properly. I am trying to adjust DPI scaling, but it disabled as can...
  10. Display scale / settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display scale / settings: I'm running dual 32" screens (required for drafting, not reduced vision) and need to reduce my 'display' screen to a custom scale less than 100%. I've been through the 'system' - 'display' - 'scale and layout' - 'custom scaling' - but 100% is the smallest option possible?...