Windows 10: Why is Download speed reduced when on battery albeit energy settings is on maximum power

Discus and support Why is Download speed reduced when on battery albeit energy settings is on maximum power in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Nothing more to add. Energy saving options is set to maximum power. CPU is set to maximum. Everything else is set to the same value on battery as on ac... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Apfelstrudel85, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Why is Download speed reduced when on battery albeit energy settings is on maximum power

Nothing more to add. Energy saving options is set to maximum power. CPU is set to maximum. Everything else is set to the same value on battery as on ac power. Why then drops the download speed from 50MB/s to 25MB/s when disconnectiong the power supply? This is ridiculous.

:)

Apfelstrudel85, Apr 16, 2021

2. Energy switches to battery when plugged in

Hello, I have a problem with my energy settings on Windows 10. When plugged in, the energy switches to battery; then i take the energy cord off and on, and it starts charging for some time, then it consumes the battery again. There is absolutely no problem
    with the cord.

What didn't work are:

• Reinstalling the battery driver,
    • Troubleshooting power settings,
    • Windows & drivers are up-to-date,
    • System maintenance software & antivirus didn't find anything.

Thank you Why is Download speed reduced when on battery albeit energy settings is on maximum power :)

OzgurOzgur_787, Apr 16, 2021
  3. RJWalch Win User
    Battery conservation by reducing Maximum Processor State

On my Alienware 13 laptop if I reduce the maximum processor state to 50% when on battery, would I expect any significant increase in battery life if I am just running things like word, email and maybe viewing a go-to-meeting or skype 4B?

RJWalch, Apr 16, 2021
  4. abaj Win User

Why is Download speed reduced when on battery albeit energy settings is on maximum power

CPU speed issue after upgrading to Windows 10

recently I also upgraded from w7 to w10 my dell vostro 1710 and as many of you I had the same problem with cpu speed.
    Below you can find how it worked for me and I hope that will work also for you.
    At first I tried to fix it directly from advanced power setting but didn't worked so:

1- reboot and enter to bios setup
    2- Intel (R) SpeedSetup (TM) technology - change it to "Enabled"
    3- exit saving changes

Now the cpu speed will go up to maximum speed depending on the load.
    If you want that you cpu to have a stable max speed and not to be reduced to save some energy than follow the below steps.

1- Power option and select change plan settings
    2- change advance power settings
    3- click on "change settings that are currently unavailable"
    4- Processor power management
    5- Minimum processor state - set the desired value (max 100%)
    6- check also the maximum processor state % if 100 than is ok

Thema:

Why is Download speed reduced when on battery albeit energy settings is on maximum power

1. Why is Download speed reduced when on battery albeit energy settings is on maximum power - Similar Threads - Why Download speed

2. Power & Battery Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power & Battery Settings: The power & battery settings won't open when going to Settings >System > power & battery. The same thing happens when I right click the battery icon power & sleep settings in the sys tray. No error message; just won't open. Using Windows 11 - Home Edition. All System Updates...
  3. Setting Mouse Speed Beyond Maximum

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting Mouse Speed Beyond Maximum: I had asked the following question on Microsoft Answers and Microsoft Learn but have not received a correct answer.Does anyone know what exactly needs to be changed in the system registry or some other settings in order to set the cursor speed mouse sensitivity beyond the...
  4. Setting Mouse Speed Beyond Maximum

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting Mouse Speed Beyond Maximum: I had asked the following question on Microsoft Answers and Microsoft Learn but have not received a correct answer.Does anyone know what exactly needs to be changed in the system registry or some other settings in order to set the cursor speed mouse sensitivity beyond the...
  5. Setting Mouse Speed Beyond Maximum

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting Mouse Speed Beyond Maximum: Does anyone know what exactly needs to be changed in the system registry or some other settings in order to set the cursor speed mouse sensitivity beyond maximum? I have followed the suggestions in the following link, but the mouse speed did not change in Windows...
  6. Setting Mouse Speed Beyond Maximum

Setting Mouse Speed Beyond Maximum: Does anyone know what exactly needs to be changed in the system registry or some other settings in order to set the cursor speed mouse sensitivity beyond maximum? I have followed the suggestions in the following link, but the mouse speed did not change in Windows...
  7. Maximum Download speed drop when time pass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Maximum Download speed drop when time pass: Windows Version : Wiindows 10I try many things but download speed still drop in odd way after open for a while. First my pc spec is here-Windows 10 Pro-Maindoard : Rox strix B660-g gaming wifi-CPU : I7 12700F 12th gen-Graphic card : Asus RTX 3080 OC-RAM : DDR 5 - 4 row - 64...
  8. Maximum Download speed drop when time pass

Maximum Download speed drop when time pass: Windows Version : Wiindows 10I try many things but download speed still drop in odd way after open for a while. First my pc spec is here-Windows 10 Pro-Maindoard : Rox strix B660-g gaming wifi-CPU : I7 12700F 12th gen-Graphic card : Asus RTX 3080 OC-RAM : DDR 5 - 4 row - 64...
  9. Maximum Download speed drop when time pass

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Energy switches to battery when plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Energy switches to battery when plugged in: Hello, I have a problem with my energy settings on Windows 10. When plugged in, the energy switches to battery; then i take the energy cord off and on, and it starts charging for some time, then it consumes the battery again. There is absolutely no problem with the cord....