Windows 10: Why is Edge only offering google.fr as an option, not google.co.uk?

Discus and support Why is Edge only offering google.fr as an option, not google.co.uk? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I've just installed windows 10 which all seems to have gone very well. The only problem I can't currently fix is that google seems to think I am... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by kstock, Oct 13, 2015.

1. kstock Win User

Why is Edge only offering google.fr as an option, not google.co.uk?

Hi,
    I've just installed windows 10 which all seems to have gone very well.
    The only problem I can't currently fix is that google seems to think I am in France!
    When I go to Edge/Settings/Advanced settings/search in the address bar with
    the only options I get are bing.com or google.fr
    I am in the UK and want google.co.uk but can't get it as an option.
    I have switched on location and when I do a google search and look at the bottom of the page google is identifying my location as London.
    Can anyone help?
    Many thanks

:)

kstock, Oct 13, 2015
  2. gwj3 Win User

Why won't edge let me Save / Add Favorites in two locations?

Why won't edge let me save / add favorites in two locations?

I want to save a favorite in a folder in my favorites and also outside of any folder in favorites. After I "Add" the link in a folder and then attempt to also "Add" out side of any folder the only option Edge offers is to "Save" and that option removes the
    link from the folder and places it outside all folders in the favorites list. I want to add or save the link in two separate locations. Edge does not allow me to do this. Why?

3. Internet Explorer IE11 is not listed as an option in 'Turn Windows features on or off'

-

Have Cortana find Turn Windows features on or off

Is Internet Explorer in the list? Is it checked? If it's not checked, check it and OK your way out.

If IE is not in the list, this should bring it back.

Start> Settings> Apps> Apps and features> if IE isn't listed> click Manage optional features> click on Add a feature and see if you can add/enable it.

Don

Don Varnau, Oct 13, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

Try opening google.co.uk and then try to add it. I tried opening google.de and google.co.uk and they both then appeared in the list of search engines in the Settings > Advanced > Search in the address bar > Add new section.

Why is Edge only offering google.fr as an option, not google.co.uk? [​IMG]

5. kstock Win User
    Hi,
    thanks for the response.
    I've tried your suggestion and yes, if I open google.co.uk in a window it does then show as an option under
    Settings > Advanced > Search in the address bar > Add new
    I've tried adding it and also adding it as a default but the option added by the system into the selected search engine defaults back to google.fr with bing as the other option.
    Any other suggestions as this is baffling me!

kstock, Oct 13, 2015
  6. lx07 Win User
    I find it defaults back to whatever country it likes when you actually add it. Same issue as you.

I tried in the latest test build 10565 and got this new (different) error trying to set google.co.uk as default (the "Add button" seems to have disappeared in this version).

Seems it is a bug - but notice Edge is deciding "google.co.uk" is not "google.co.uk" but "Google Search" which is presumably "google.com". What do you see if you go to the "google.com" website? UK or France?

You could try duckduckgo.com - at least it is in English. Not sure what else to suggest, sorry.

7. kstock Win User
    Hi,
    if I go to google.com it is also displaying as google.fr
    The computer definitely seems to think I am in France rather than the UK!
    Very strange. Any other ideas how to solve this or is there a way to report it as a bug to Microsoft?
    Many thanks

kstock, Oct 16, 2015
  8. Nielsc Win User

Nielsc, Oct 17, 2015
  9. Have you tried going to Settings -> Privacy -> Location and see if you can change your location there?

fracking4oil, Oct 17, 2015
  10. Check your time zone

My time has always been correct, but I was looking at the settings a while ago and windows had changed me from (UTC with Daylight saying) to UTC+1 standard hours (French Time)

paulsalter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Why is Edge only offering google.fr as an option, not google.co.uk? - Similar Threads - Why Edge offering

2. why is google browser easier to use then Microsoft edge?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is google browser easier to use then Microsoft edge?: First Edge is slow in loading compared to google? Edge is not very user friendly. never seems to go to site, always round about. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-google-browser-easier-to-use-then-microsoft/5779253f-daaf-4f24-96bd-8ac367c64ad8
  3. why is google browser easier to use then Microsoft edge?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is google browser easier to use then Microsoft edge?: First Edge is slow in loading compared to google? Edge is not very user friendly. never seems to go to site, always round about. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-google-browser-easier-to-use-then-microsoft/5779253f-daaf-4f24-96bd-8ac367c64ad8
  4. Microsoft Edge and Google

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge and Google: I have tried to sync everything between Microsoft Edge and Google but my passwords are not being imported no matter what I do and password manager in Edge is worse than useless. I cannot now log in to my outlook as Edge does not recognise my password even though I have...
  5. Microsoft Edge and Google

Microsoft Edge and Google: I have tried to sync everything between Microsoft Edge and Google but my passwords are not being imported no matter what I do and password manager in Edge is worse than useless. I cannot now log in to my outlook as Edge does not recognise my password even though I have...
  6. Microsoft Edge and Google

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Edge not offering to remember my Google password

in Browsers and Email
    Edge not offering to remember my Google password: I would like Edge to remember my Google password for YouTube etc. But when I go to log on to YouTube for example it always asks for my password and does not offer to save it once entered. I think several days ago I said not to remember this password. Since then I've cleared...
  8. Edge and Google Chromecast

Edge and Google Chromecast: When I was using the Edge Beta, I had no trouble getting Google Chromecast to work with it, until 2 weeks ago. At that point, Chromecast disappeared as an option icon on Edge or programs appearing on Edge. I want this back or I will return to Chrome as my browser. How do I...
  9. Google "Nag" on Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Google "Nag" on Edge: Anyone know how to eliminate the Google "nag" on Edge ? Pops up very, very frequently in the upper right corner of the page. MB adwcleaner is negative. [img] 91452
  10. Google search for Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Google search for Edge: I have set Google as my search engine for Edge but when I launch Edge I get msn.com with the Bing. I have followed the tutorial and its not working. In settings under "search in the address bar with" it shows Google. Is it that you just use the address bar and it...