Windows 10: Why is Edge showing up as a blank icon on my taskbar when I run it?

Discus and support Why is Edge showing up as a blank icon on my taskbar when I run it? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; No other app does this: Edge shows up as a blank white paper icon when I run it. On the desktop and on the start menu, it has an icon, even pinning it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CrimsonKnight98, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Why is Edge showing up as a blank icon on my taskbar when I run it?

No other app does this: Edge shows up as a blank white paper icon when I run it. On the desktop and on the start menu, it has an icon, even pinning it to the taskbar shows it having an icon, but when I run it, a new icon appears (the blank page) and I can't seem to fix it!

I have tried rebooting, restarting windows explorer, resetting icon cache, uninstalling and reinstalling New Edge, deleting all the Edge files in its directory, booting into safe mode, and running sfc /scannow on CMD. I can't think of anything else to try.

This issue doesn't occur with old Edge (after deleting new Edge).

I'm using Windows 10 Home 2004 Build 19041.508

Images of issue: https://imgur.com/a/fqPOvhJ

Thank you in advance for any help!

submitted by /u/CrimsonKnight98
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CrimsonKnight98, Sep 23, 2020
  2. jackin Win User

How to fix taskbar showing generic blank icons on Windows 7 professional?

How to fix taskbar showing generic blank icons on Windows 7 professional?

Why is Edge showing up as a blank icon on my taskbar when I run it? 67d2b65a-a526-42eb-baec-6b5480451d19?upload=true.jpg

These icons correspond to Windows Explorer, IE and Office 365 programs.

Steps i took to resolve issue, but did not help are:

1. In order to fix generic blank icon issue on taskbar i killed explorer.exe and restarted it but this did not resolve issue.
    2. Ran quick repair on Office 365 & restarted Windows.

jackin, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Taskbar icons of universal apps ( Calculator, edge, alarm) not displaying correctly. Shows blank icons.

Taskbar icons of universal apps ( Calculator, edge, alarm) not displaying correctly. Shows blank icons. I am currently running the latest windows 10 RTM. Had the issue for the last couple of builds
    Why is Edge showing up as a blank icon on my taskbar when I run it? bdd2d59f-6176-41f8-8c0d-4238213ad8e0.png

Gokul.Samy, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Why is Edge showing up as a blank icon on my taskbar when I run it?

Blank icons in taskbar on Windows 2016

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Confirm the said application you're using so we could fully understand the cause of the issue.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest restarting the Explorer.exe on the Task Manager. This may help resolve the issue with blank icons on the Taskbar. Refer to the steps below:

1. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del, then select Task Manager.

2. On the Task Manager window, click on More Details at the bottom left if it doesn't shows the
    Processes tab.

3. Scroll down the list of the Windows processes and locate Windows Explorer and right-click on it and select
    Restart.

Note: The desktop icons and the Taskbar will refresh and will be gone for a moment after this process. It should reappear automatically.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

Why is Edge showing up as a blank icon on my taskbar when I run it?

1. Why is Edge showing up as a blank icon on my taskbar when I run it? - Similar Threads - Why Edge showing

2. Why is my taskbar for Windows 11 showing blank icons for certain programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my taskbar for Windows 11 showing blank icons for certain programs: Why is my taskbar all of a sudden showing blank icons for certain programs that arre either open or pasted to the taskbar. PLease refer to the image below....
  3. Why is my taskbar for Windows 11 showing blank icons for certain programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my taskbar for Windows 11 showing blank icons for certain programs: Why is my taskbar all of a sudden showing blank icons for certain programs that arre either open or pasted to the taskbar. PLease refer to the image below....
  4. Taskbar is not showing up when using Microsoft edge.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar is not showing up when using Microsoft edge.: Whenever I have a tab in Microsoft Edge open my taskbar refuses to show up on the Edge pages no matter what I do. Autohide is already turned off, and I have already attempted to reboot windows explorer, but neither has helped. This issue started maybe a month ago and is...
  5. Taskbar is not showing up when using Microsoft edge.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar is not showing up when using Microsoft edge.: Whenever I have a tab in Microsoft Edge open my taskbar refuses to show up on the Edge pages no matter what I do. Autohide is already turned off, and I have already attempted to reboot windows explorer, but neither has helped. This issue started maybe a month ago and is...
  6. Blank Edge legacy icon stuck on my taskbar even when unplugging and plugging in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blank Edge legacy icon stuck on my taskbar even when unplugging and plugging in: [ATTACH]Hey, I noticed a unremovable blank icon on my taskbar. I can't remove it. It says Microsoft Edge Legacy. It's icon is missing for some reason but I CAN'T REMOVE IT! Please help me....
  7. Blank icons on the taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blank icons on the taskbar: There is a problem that happened to my computer just now. This also happened to my 2014 computer. Any help? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AefGYg88SyM Information on Winver: Microsoft Windows Version 10.0 Build 10240 c 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved....
  8. Why don't my icons on my taskbar show up?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why don't my icons on my taskbar show up?: My applications appear on the taskbar, but the icon of the application doesn't show and it's only for some application. I don't think I can explain it better than that, but I will post a picture with this because I don't know what to look for to fix this.[ATTACH]...
  9. Edge icon blank in taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge icon blank in taskbar: Any way to fix this easily please? [img] [img] Thanks 36195
  10. Microsoft Edge icon issue - not showing even when edge is running

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge icon issue - not showing even when edge is running: Hi guys, I am running Microsoft Edge on windows 10, however when I run Microsoft Edge, the icon is missing from the task bar but still appears to recognise it.. I have also just rebuilt my laptop yesterday with a fresh OS of windows 10 pro. [img] Any suggestions...