Windows 10: Why is every new email to me pinned?

Discus and support Why is every new email to me pinned? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; For the past six weeks or so, every new email to me has been Pinned, instead of going into my Inbox. I haven't changed any settings and the problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Brink Win User

Why is every new email to me pinned?

For the past six weeks or so, every new email to me has been Pinned, instead of going into my Inbox.

I haven't changed any settings and the problem didn't happen just after a Window Update. My only anti-virus etc app is Defender.

Can anyone tell me what I should do to resolve this most annoying problem, please?

Windows 10 19042.804

:)

Brink, Feb 11, 2021
  2. Marco Gav Win User

Why doesn't my pin work with the anniversary edition?

Hi Nancy,

We would like to know more about the issue. Before you had the Anniversary Update, were you using an 8-digit PIN?

For the meantime, we suggest that you remove the current PIN and create a new PIN. You can do that by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Settings, and select it from the list of results.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, select Remove.

After you have deleted your current PIN, create a new 4-digit PIN by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Settings, and select it from the list of results.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, select Add.

Once you have created your new 4-digit PIN, restart your computer and sign-in using the new 4-digit PIN.

Note: It is very important that you remove then create a new PIN rather than changing the current PIN.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Feb 11, 2021
  3. JayPhi Win User
    Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Feb 11, 2021
  4. ROCKIEBOW Win User

SYNCING EMAILS AND FINDING LOST PIN NUMBER

I cant get my emails to sync because ive lost my 2 step pin number and my windows password doesn't seem to work,but my Microsoft passwords work ok .Any suggestions ?

ROCKIEBOW, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Why is every new email to me pinned? - Similar Threads - Why every email

2. unauthorized password pins email every 20 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unauthorized password pins email every 20 minutes: HiI keep getting unauthorized single use codes email every 20 minutes why would this be happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unauthorized-password-pins-email-every-20-minutes/2ad4a886-4c66-4ad6-8ff7-2fe8a9f3ffc1
  3. unauthorized password pins email every 20 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unauthorized password pins email every 20 minutes: HiI keep getting unauthorized single use codes email every 20 minutes why would this be happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unauthorized-password-pins-email-every-20-minutes/2ad4a886-4c66-4ad6-8ff7-2fe8a9f3ffc1
  4. New email for account - can’t create pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New email for account - can’t create pin: So I changed my Microsoft email and phone number - now when trying to log in to my Hp laptop it still has my old email which is no longer associated with the account. When I try to log in with my current email for the account it wants me to create a pin, but everytime it says...
  5. New email for account - can’t create pin

New email for account - can’t create pin: So I changed my Microsoft email and phone number - now when trying to log in to my Hp laptop it still has my old email which is no longer associated with the account. When I try to log in with my current email for the account it wants me to create a pin, but everytime it says...
  6. Every login is asking me for a pin.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Every login is asking me for a pin.: I am now required to do finger print and pin verification everytime I open. It was just fingerprint before. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-login-is-asking-me-for-a-pin/8b7f2e36-9fe1-4c8b-a29c-29eaf03a7870
  7. Every login is asking me for a pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every login is asking me for a pin.: I am now required to do finger print and pin verification everytime I open. It was just fingerprint before. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-login-is-asking-me-for-a-pin/8b7f2e36-9fe1-4c8b-a29c-29eaf03a7870
  8. Every login is asking me for a pin.

9. Why is every new email to me pinned?

in Browsers and Email
    Why is every new email to me pinned?: For the past six weeks or so, every new email to me has been Pinned, instead of going into my Inbox. I haven't changed any settings and the problem didn't happen just after a Window Update. My only anti-virus etc app is Defender. Can anyone tell me what I should do to...
  10. New Pin# for new Email account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New Pin# for new Email account: I just set up a new Email account it application calls for a pin number when I haven't established one yet. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-pin-for-new-email-account/ec988f36-9334-4324-b4f2-301c91fc6e1c"