Windows 10: Why is everything I type in Word underlined with tiny dots?

Discus and support Why is everything I type in Word underlined with tiny dots? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; 1 It started today when I was typing in Word, everything was accompanied/underlined with tiny dots in blue. This doesn't show when I'm printing and all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BetsyTan, Jun 6, 2021.

1. BetsyTan Win User

Why is everything I type in Word underlined with tiny dots?

1 It started today when I was typing in Word, everything was accompanied/underlined with tiny dots in blue. This doesn't show when I'm printing and all the dots disappear. I suspect some hackers have gotten into my laptop and no security device is effective. Are the dots an indication of their hacking?2 How do I get the toolbar back on a page? I guess the hackers make them disappear and I don't know how to get them back on the pages I'm typing. Sorry, I didn't know what topic to click on.Thanks.

:)

BetsyTan, Jun 6, 2021
  2. Lorien_G Win User

Underlining in Word

How can I permanently set the underline colour in word, so every new document I create already has the underline colour set to a colour I have selected.

Lorien_G, Jun 6, 2021
  3. Underlining in Word

You do it the same way as you set any other default: Open up the paragraph block, then click "Set as Default" (or words to this effect).

Frederik Long, Jun 6, 2021
  4. Why is everything I type in Word underlined with tiny dots?

How do I add a custom word to the auto correct function when typing?

When you type the word you wish to add, tap the word to highlight it, then in the suggestion ribbon you'll see the word at the left with a "+" in front of it. Tap the word and it'll be added.

I have done that many times and the only effect I've seen is that the word doesn't show underlined anymore. I never see the word added to the list of suggestions or correcting what I write. Is there anything in particular that needs to be done?

Beethovenian, Jun 6, 2021
Thema:

Why is everything I type in Word underlined with tiny dots?

1. Why is everything I type in Word underlined with tiny dots? - Similar Threads - Why everything type

2. red underlining when i type emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    red underlining when i type emails: All of a sudden, words are being underlined when I type emails and here as well. This has nothing to do with my aol settings since it is doing this here as wellI didn't change anything on my laptopCould you tell me wehre this is coming from and how do i get rid of it. I do...
  3. red underlining when i type emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    red underlining when i type emails: All of a sudden, words are being underlined when I type emails and here as well. This has nothing to do with my aol settings since it is doing this here as wellI didn't change anything on my laptopCould you tell me wehre this is coming from and how do i get rid of it. I do...
  4. red underlining when i type emails

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Tiny white dot on screen?

Tiny white dot on screen?: Hi, Last night, I was playing video games when I saw a weird white dot on the right corner of my screen. This morning I took a closer look and saw that it has the same colors as the background of whatever application I'm using. If I screenshot my desktop, you can not see...
  6. Underlining in Word

Underlining in Word: How can I permanently set the underline colour in word, so every new document I create already has the underline colour set to a colour I have selected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/underlining-in-word/184bb8ec-d6ed-4703-b187-1cf9292b7a14
  7. Windows 10 is not underlining misspelled words

Windows 10 is not underlining misspelled words: In the new Word, misspelled words are not being underlined. How do I activate it to pick up and underline misspelled words? It was automatic in the old version, but not now!...
  8. My word is not underlining when i spell a word wrong

My word is not underlining when i spell a word wrong: usually it does, but however this does not happen on a document sometimes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/my-word-is-not-underlining-when-i-spell-a-word/c0e207b6-ef3f-4ddc-9dc6-55b4622d1aa0
  9. Everything is tiny on apps I download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Everything is tiny on apps I download: Everything is tiny on apps I download. Text, Icons, Toolbars... Too little to read or use. FastStone Image Viewer is typical Have same thing on almost all apps How can I make them usable size?? New Lenovo Yoga 3 3200 X 1800 resolution default 33979
  10. Everything Is Underlined

in Windows 10 Support
    Everything Is Underlined: Hello; My title probably brought you in to see what I am talking about, so here goes; Last week I downloaded a program from a website and left it alone as I had other things to do first, as I continued "Windows Defender" popped up In a very red box saying Trojan...